Dungeons & Dragons: Arena of War

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dungeons & Dragons
Arena of War
By D&D Team

Dungeons & Dragons: Arena of War is a free game for iPhone, iPad and Android coming soon. Pre-register now to upgrade your character and receive the free Ultra Rare Power, CAUSE FEAR, when Arena of War is released.

Talk about this news here.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

From the press release:

" Arena of War
puts players in the Forgotten Realms for a battle roleplaying game that combines questing, character leveling, and small team collaboration with the most engaging mobile game mechanics on the market, such as in-game events and massive multiplayer competitions."
From the press release:

" Arena of War
puts players in the Forgotten Realms for a battle roleplaying game that combines questing, character leveling, and small team collaboration with the most engaging mobile game mechanics on the market, such as in-game events and massive multiplayer competitions."

From who? Would you share a link to the press release? Thanks  

Yan
Montréal, Canada

company.wizards.com/content/dena-extends...

From the announcement page, and also twitter.
Thanks!

Yan
Montréal, Canada

I've been playing this for a few days now, and it's interesting, Not sure about the use of billiard-style mechanics for this, and the game seems a little biased toward the bad guys, but hey it's at least as enjoyable as Angry Birds.

I've got a question about how Powers are supposed to work, though. I get that fusing Powers of the exact same type (say, two Holy Strikes Common+ versus a Holy Strike Common+ and a Holy Strike Common) enhances the power up to five times, but what does that do when fusing them with a Rare power? Should I be fusing and leveling Common Powers to max before fusing them to the Rare? Is there someplace to watch for promo codes? Can I put more than one friend Invite code?

Not happy with the look of the new forums? Check out the Skin Your Forums thread for a solution.

D&D Next: VALOREIGN Home Game Development | General Campaign Stuff: Bawylie's Budget Dungeons

"D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger." -- TiaNadiezja

AlHazred wrote:

I've been playing this for a few days now, and it's interesting, Not sure about the use of billiard-style mechanics for this, and the game seems a little biased toward the bad guys, but hey it's at least as enjoyable as Angry Birds.

I've got a question about how Powers are supposed to work, though. I get that fusing Powers of the exact same type (say, two Holy Strikes Common+ versus a Holy Strike Common+ and a Holy Strike Common) enhances the power up to five times, but what does that do when fusing them with a Rare power? Should I be fusing and leveling Common Powers to max before fusing them to the Rare? Is there someplace to watch for promo codes? Can I put more than one friend Invite code?

It's exceedingly not clear but here's what I've been able to deduce. 

If you fuse any powers together the power increases in level. Increasing the level increases you hp and damage.

This seems to be on a per power basis and not total xp + total xp, so it's better to combine lots of small low level powers with a single higher level power than slowly group powers and combine at the end. 

You can also combine scrolls with powers to level up powers. It's most efficient to use C+ scrolls on C+ powers and the like. Although, really, it's a waste to use C scrolls on C powers (since you're leveling up a power just to lose much of its xp in the fusion process) so I'd just use C scrolls on C+ or R powers. C powers and scrolls are just fodder to level up better powers. 

Powers have a maximum level based on their rarity. If you combine like powers the maximum level increases. Once you've done this five times you've hit the level cap and fusing just increases the power's level. 

Really you only need a dozen powers and could use extra powers to level up your prefered powers. However, you should try to pick powers of the right power source to your character, as you likely have alts it makes sense to have a few powers to swap in and out, getting all the C+ powers to maximum level.

At least until you get a full set of R or R+ powers. The benefits of a R power far outweighs the bonus you get from having something of the right power source.

5 Minute WorkdayMy Webcomic Updated Tue & Thur

The compilation of my Worldbuilding blog series is now available: 

Jester David's How-To Guide to Fantasy Worldbuilding.

Are there any online guides that explain this? 

E. Tallitnics on Google+, Roll20, and Twitter.

That looks great. Thanks!

E. Tallitnics on Google+, Roll20, and Twitter.