Magic 2014 "Enter the Dracomancer" Decklist and Strategies

1155 posts / 0 new
Last post

Ragnoraok wrote:

Is Bloodbraid elf really good? I omit it because it sends all of the exiled cards to the bottom. Even then, how certain can you be that you will get a useful 3-mana card? 

Yes BBE is good it was banned in modern semi-recently and it defined standard for a long period of time. It sending the exiled cards to the bottom is completely irrelevant if you have no way of nowing or manipulating whats is on top of your library you're just changing which random cards you draw which will help you exactly as often as it will hurt you. 

Ragnoraok wrote:

I run at least 2 Crucible of Fire and 2 Soul's fire each. Seeing as how the Hatchling goes well with Crucible, 

Although I also don't run any of those so maybe in your build BBE is not as good.

Steam Name: Yertle{U}The{B}Turtle

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/YertleTheMFnTurtle

New Forum: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Ragnoraok wrote:

Is Bloodbraid elf really good? I omit it because it sends all of the exiled cards to the bottom.

It's OK - I really hope to get a free pulse or cultivate out of it.

Ragnoraok wrote:

I run at least 2 Crucible of Fire and 2 Soul's fire each. Seeing as how the Hatchling goes well with Crucible, I will put a couple in as well. 

My earlier build had the Hatchlings and most of the crucibles - which was good...but. the hatchlings can be a dead card, if there's nothing to devour, and no crucible...

I also used to run Soul's fire - I understand why people dont like it, as it can be dead...but, when you get a crucible with anything, or anything big...it can be an instant win they don't see coming...

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Tired of the new forum format, and all it's problems?  Try a new forum!

http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

10 Mountain
9 Forest
3 Swamp

3x Terramorphic Expanse

Banefire
   Savage Twister
4x Dragon Fodder
3x Dragonspeaker Shaman
3x Borderland Ranger
2x Jund Charm
4x Maelstrom Pulse
2x Cultivate
   Spellbreaker Behemoth
   Hellkite Hatchling
   Archwing Dragon
   Ogre Battledriver
2x Crucible of Fire
2x Explosive Vegetation
   Broodmate Dragon
2x Dragon Broodmother
2x Predator Dragon
   Dragon Roost
   Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund

A disclaimer: I run this deck with the same mentality I ran Mana Mastery last year. It needs to set up. It has removal to help you get there.
You cannot be afraid to get into single digit life before you pull the trigger.

Four Fodders are not fodder at all. They are potential early attackers and most definitely chump blockers.

Shaman (see above). Very useable ability in this deck.

Borderland = more of the above plus mana fetching, and this deck needs that.

The above are there to help me set my land up. I have ramped up with this deck right up against Chant many times.

Removal, Removal, Removal.

Spellbreaker isn't a Dragon, man!
It's a 4cmc 5/5 with a HUGE upside. To not run it is silly, especially with the new control running around.

The crux of the biscuit.

I don't run an outrageous amount of Dragons. Hell I only run a singleton Hatchling because it's expensive and I'm not necessarily wanting to devour anything. But... if advantage is mine from devour, I will not hesitate.
Predators are stronger and I don't mind them feeding on the opening game leftovers.

Crucible along with Roost are the Finest Hour of this deck. Instant Dragons are awesome but I run a singleton because I would rather see Broodmother(s).
Broodmate is always welcome.
Dragon Broodmother The true winner of the deck.
Mix in some Crucible and maybe a Predator to eat up your tokens made by Broodmother(s).

Edit: Almost forgot. All I need is one Swamp and two Forest and then I ramp nothing but Mountains because that's all you need to play anything in this deck.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

thedevilwuster wrote:

10 Mountain
9 Forest
3 Swamp

3x Terramorphic Expanse

Banefire
   Savage Twister
4x Dragon Fodder
3x Dragonspeaker Shaman
3x Borderland Ranger
2x Jund Charm
4x Maelstrom Pulse
2x Cultivate
   Spellbreaker Behemoth
   Hellkite Hatchling
   Archwing Dragon
   Ogre Battledriver
2x Crucible of Fire
2x Explosive Vegetation
   Broodmate Dragon
2x Dragon Broodmother
2x Predator Dragon
   Dragon Roost
   Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund

A disclaimer: I run this deck with the same mentality I ran Mana Mastery last year. It needs to set up. It has removal to help you get there.
You cannot be afraid to get into single digit life before you pull the trigger.

Four Fodders are not fodder at all. They are potential early attackers and most definitely chump blockers. True, but I only run 2

Shaman (see above). Very useable ability in this deck. I call them death magnets..soon as they hit, they get killed.

Borderland = more of the above plus mana fetching, and this deck needs that. Exactly

The above are there to help me set my land up. I have ramped up with this deck right up against Chant many times.

Removal, Removal, Removal.

Spellbreaker isn't a Dragon, man!
It's a 4cmc 5/5 with a HUGE upside. To not run it is silly, especially with the new control running around. It's a must imo

The crux of the biscuit.

I don't run an outrageous amount of Dragons. Hell I only run a singleton Hatchling because it's expensive and I'm not necessarily wanting to devour anything. But... if advantage is mine from devour, I will not hesitate. I too don't believe in putting all my eggs in one basket.
Predators are stronger and I don't mind them feeding on the opening game leftovers. Oh, I love them, just haven't had much success with them

Crucible along with Roost are the Finest Hour of this deck. Instant Dragons are awesome but I run a singleton because I would rather see Broodmother(s).
Broodmate is always welcome. what can I say but agreed.
Dragon Broodmother The true winner of the deck. and we get 2 of them..In 2hg, with decks that can copy, this can get outrageously fun
Mix in some Crucible and maybe a Predator to eat up your tokens made by Broodmother(s).

Edit: Almost forgot. All I need is one Swamp and two Forest and then I ramp nothing but Mountains because that's all you need to play anything in this deck. Yep, consider more forest to insure you get them early to use with ramp and only 2 swamp. til they catch on and start running bramblecrushes and Terastadon.

A lot of the same mentality as mine, with just a few changes to suit the style of the user. Good job. My difference is my style just isn't aggro enough to run it the same.

Neo, I like that you tried the build, but I don't like that you cut Explosive Vegetation; that card is superb in the ramp-style build. I saw you cut Gorger Wurm, and I thought that he could probably go as well; I have him there as a big roadblock, but a vanilla 5/5 is all he really is. A few other changes were made, as well. Here's where I'm currently sitting:

Cuts were a Mountain, Predator, and both Gorgers for Ranger, Kilnmouth, Battledriver, and Archwing. I like it better now!

I played 2 games with my dragon build....lost both, but that's because Dragons can't win a match all by themselves, although I gave them fits.

My partners drew terribly in both matches. I was basically alone in both of them. ....Not basically, totally.

Partner 1: Hunter's Strength. I already said that this doesn't pair well. Anyway, my partner drew only 2 lands for the first 10 rounds and by then it was too late. Vs Demons/Mul Daya

Partner 2: Masks of the Dimir. ever draw only islands and your hand is filled with black? Yep, that's what happened. Vs Elves/Mul daya

Shadow, I don't mean to brag again...

Oh hell, I will.

I have beaten well cut, well played AG with this deck on many occasions.

Before the expansion, that is.

It's become even more powerful in the meta now.

Edit: Oh and playing 2hg with your partner's full suite of Phantasmal Image's is just tooooooo sweet.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Hakeem - it's not that I dont like that card...maybe I'll try it again, I just feel like turn four is often to important to be ramping...I'd rather cultivate on 3 and be done with ramp...I feel I get there quick enough with just the 4 cultivates

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

neosilk wrote:

Hakeem - it's not that I dont like that card...maybe I'll try it again, I just feel like turn four is often to important to be ramping...I'd rather cultivate on 3 and be done with ramp...I feel I get there quick enough with just the 4 cultivates

T3 Cultivate into T4 Vegetation allows you to potentially have eight mana on T5, presuming you hit all your drops. You can do some really degenerate things with that (T5 Hellkite Overlord!), and with the format playing a little slower now, it's more viable than it was before. I'm not saying "play my build", but if you're going to play the ramp-style version of the deck, you need all the Cultivates and Vegetations; the cards you put around them are up to you!

Anyway, I have fun with the deck this way. I'm sure there's a great Shaman/Hatchling/Crucible build too, but it's not how I want the deck to operate. Chalk it up to play-style preference.

Neo, I also must recommend running Explosive Vag (horrible visual if you close your eyes).

Cost a little more but with the mana play from your next turn you've gained +1 usable mana as opposed to Cultivate (not saying not to run Cultivate).

3 instead of 2 can make or break your next cast.

Show

thedevilwuster wrote:

Neo, I also must recommend running Explosive Vag (horrible visual if you close your eyes).

Cost a little more but with the mana play from you next turn you've gained +1 usable mana as opposed to Cultivate.

Where is the card I made? Does it still exist after the Great Forum Migration?

Yeah - I'm convinced to the point where I'll give it a shot...I did say I wanted to try it, but then cut that out...actually had a post going, and closed it before I clicked save..just gotta figure out what to cut...

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Hakeem928 wrote:

thedevilwuster wrote:

Cost a little more but with the mana play from you next turn you've gained +1 usable mana as opposed to Cultivate.

I think I know where it is. Let me look.

It was in Wacky v2.0, right?

Show

Let me say that, while I think Sneak Attack is a fine card in a lower-CMC build, I don't believe it's necessary in the ramp-heavy version. You can hardcast all your bombs pretty reliably and the drawback is much harsher in a deck that doesn't pressure until T5+ and topdecks pretty early. I also think that Bloodbraid Elf is bad in the ramp build, because there just isn't much to hit with the cascade (you're not running this for the body); you really don't need the Cultivate or Ranger, the Charm or Pulse can show up at awkward times, and the Banefire or Twister are important cards to be shipping to the bottom. Oh, and Dragon Fodder isn't terribly exciting!

thedevilwuster wrote:

Hakeem928 wrote:

thedevilwuster wrote:

I think it was 2.0, but it may have been in another thread entirely; a thread that was discussing EtD somehow. The thought of it being lost forever makes me sad.

Playing my first with this build - against Mr E playing Chant...I've outramped him...and I've got 4 lands in my hand...3 elves and goblins on the board...where's my big dragons!?

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

Hakeem928 wrote:

thedevilwuster wrote:

Hakeem928 wrote:

thedevilwuster wrote:

I think it was 2.0, but it may have been in another thread entirely; a thread that was discussing EtD somehow. The thought of it being lost forever makes me sad.

Brother I am sorry. I just scrolled 30 pages looking for it and it made me dizzy.

Edit: Would it maybe be in evenfall's promo thread?

Show

Devil, Hakeem, no Consume Strength? It's a random one-of but hey, I take all the tricks I can get in this deck.

I've been debating over trying Kilnmouth. I've got two slots in this deck I'm not solid on, Kilnmouth is a candidate. I agree that all the ramp is what we want here, including Explosive Vegemite. Ramp into big dragons, throw one down, see how far that goes, rinse and repeat. I find this deck fun to play, despite its issues. Including all ramp, I usually get to a point where I feel like I at least got to have a real game.

I also dislike Bloodbraid Elf, I'm not sure there's any build where she's terribly important. The only thing we will always want to cast is Cultivate, the rest of the 3 and below cmc cards are situational.

Wow, thanks for all the decklists, guys! :) I’ll definitely try them out to decide which one suits me the best.

@Hakeem, I totally forgot that instant removal can deal with Souls’s Fire :/ It is indeed useless, now I see it. And thanks for a hint on Dragon Roost! I’m more interested in mid-game than dropping 7 and 8 cmc dragons, so I think I’m gonna stick to Crucible of Fire camp. But I’ll test your build for sure! Maybe with neosilk’s edits though – I like Archwing, Bloodbraid and Sneak Attack :)

I like your second build more! And I get your reasoning behind excluding Bloodbraid and Sneak Attack. A Kilnmouth though? Why?

@mjack, your build with no 7-8cmc dragons looks nice to – I’m gonna try it. How do you manage to keep Dragonspeeker Shamans alive? They’re nice bait for removal though. Could save your dragons from it.

@neosilk, @Devil thanks for posting your builds! I’m gonna take some ideas from them to construct mine. This one is really tough to build… Slivers, Zombies and Demons practically build the themselves and this one really makes you think about including/excluding every card.

@Arctic, yeah, I like Consume Strength too! It can help you kill 2 creatures - one by blocking with your 3/3 goblin (thanks to instant +2/+2) and another by -2/-2 counters.

And we've got 4 Cultivates! I think I'm gonna get rid of her too though, she doesn't quite fit in this deck.

@lexx, you don't have to.  You use it for the ramp if you can, but it's also a 2/2 blocker in a spot where hellkite hatchling was the next best thing.  I didn't want to run all the things required to make the hatchlings decent.

hellkite overlord.... I don't run it.

Karrthus..... I don't get to use it often enough, and I am starting to get paranoid about phantasmal image.  I see mind maze way too much.

2 + 2 = fish

Kaarthus has protection against Doom Blades, Hideous Ends and Reivers though. But, yeah, vs. MM and MoD it kinda sucks.

mmm i still prefer RG dragon than jund, no mana ramp and all the shamans ^^ but sometimes i run 3 color.

imo is not that good to have both shamans and ramp as they kinda overlap... most of the time if you play a ramp rather than a shammy you are alredy going to hit a dragon the next turn whitout any need to play the shammy

also, when playing 3 color ramp/mana fixers, i cut most of the mountains and swamps as green is the color i need the most for the mana ramp/fixing spells. i think i have something like 5-6 mountains and 2-3 swamps. overall i found the deck to run better with high forest and seem to be more consistant.

Yeah, I think it's either shamans or ramp, not both. Taking more forests than mountains is what I'm planning to do next.
You only need a single forest, and running seven with four fetches is fine. I've never had an issue with green mana in this deck.

Black and blue are the only mana problems I have had in their respective 3 color decks.  I fully recommend in this one to run equal number of forests and mountains, and let your fixing fetch a swamp.  You should be running more mountain than forest if you are not going to be equal, as you need 3 mountains and only a max of 2 forest  if any to cast your best things.

2 + 2 = fish

Hakeem928 wrote:

Neo, I like that you tried the build, but I don't like that you cut Explosive Vegetation; that card is superb in the ramp-style build. I saw you cut Gorger Wurm, and I thought that he could probably go as well; I have him there as a big roadblock, but a vanilla 5/5 is all he really is. A few other changes were made, as well. Here's where I'm currently sitting:

Cuts were a Mountain, Predator, and both Gorgers for Ranger, Kilnmouth, Battledriver, and Archwing. I like it better now!

OK - Aside from the one game where I didn't get anything larger than a 2/2 elf...(with over a dozen lands..) I'm enjoying this.  The only change I've made is to swap our the Kilnmouth for the other Predator.

Ipad - neosilk76 
Steam - neosilk 

I thought I'd test him out, so I may end up back there myself depending on how he does. And I think this is a fun way to play the deck, glad you're enjoying it!
Keep in mind that if you run Spellbreaker, it needs two Forest.

Show

the point is not that the deck need many forests, but that you want to hit your cultivate/ranger/landcycle on turn 3 (i prefer to not use rangers but creatures with landcicle so i can use them as early as turn 2 if i need), with more forests you are almost guarantee to do that, with more mountains it can be less likely (i agree that generally you hit the forest anyway, but there are always a few games when you get color screwed). anyway, if you dont run the snamans, you dont really need much red in the early game and with a single cultivate you can hit 2 mountains and be ready to cast the red expensive dragon in a turn or 2.

also running behemoth and pulse makes an high amount of forest more worth, as you may need 2 green on turn 4 or 1 green and 1 black on turn 3, and again with fewer lands is more likely to miss them... while most of the dragons comes by turn 5-6 when your mana issues should have been addressed by various mana fixers.

overall i think that more green makes the early game a bit more stable whitout impacting the mid to late game where the red mana is really needed, ofc the difference is not huge but imo is noticeable.

Point is, do you feel confident that you can take out a fast aggro deck with that thinking?

Rangers cost less and in the fact they help you set up kill quicker is their value.

What are going to do with your cyclers? Block?

Hell no.

Ranger grabs and dies.

Job done, welcome to heaven.

Show

well the deck is always kinda slow and inconsistent (thats the reason i prefer to run it as a R/G) but i'm not suggesting to remove rangers (that are pretty fine) i was just pointing out various options.

for the aggro problem i generally run with the saprolings that cost just a green (so goes well with lot of forests) and is kinda 2 bodies for 1 cmc. so my kinda ideal curve is something like t1 sporeling, t2 i get the option to landcycle or to play some more chumps, t3 i can ramp or play something else to improve the board. if the stars align it works ok even vs aggro :P but thats a general problem of the deck.

btw i'm not advocating to remove the rangers and to play landcicle + sporeling... is just another way and a matter of preference, i like it because i can fetch on turn 2 rather than 3 when eventually i want to cultivate and if i topdeck a landcreature late in the game it is more relevant than a ranger, but ofc the ranger have its pros too, body + land is pretty sweet, especially as one of the weakest point of the deck is its early game.

I'm a sucker for the preceived underdogs. I like to style them into winners and then gloat about it (see HoC thread).  

I like your ideas but (see above) I extensively punished myself in 1v1 to tune this deck to something decent, then brought it to multiplayer... tweaked a bit, brought back to 1v1... tweak more, 2hg...

This is what I came up with.

Show

eheh it kinda happens to me too when thers a deck that i like it doesnt need to be top tier and i spend lot of time with it tuning it, trying different config, then tuning again, then cursing AG.... uops :P well deck building and tuning is part of the fun and it doesnt necessary need to be a god tier deck

thedevilwuster wrote:

I'm a sucker for the preceived underdogs. I like to style them into winners and then gloat about it (see HoC thread).  

I like your ideas but (see above) I extensively punished myself in 1v1 to tune this deck to something decent, then brought it to multiplayer... tweaked a bit, brought back to 1v1... tweak more, 2hg...

This is what I came up with.

Hall of Champions was a tough nut, but once done, I consider it hard as hell to beat in 2hg or 1 vs 1.

I've now 2 distinctly different EtD builds. Both are consistant.

Hey all! I decided to post a little update on the decks I’m running right now – Dracomancer and Dimir one. So, here’s a build I’m sticking to at the moment:

Lands x 24 (9 Forests, 8 Mountains, 3 Swamps)

Creatures x 15

3 x Borderland Ranger
1 x Flameblast Dragon
1 x Hellkite Overlord
2 x Predator Dragon
1 x Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund
1 x Ogre Battledriver
1 x Broodmate Dragon
1 x Dragonlair Spider
1 x Spellbreaker Behemoth
2 x Dragon Broodmother
1 x Archwing Dragon

Spells x 21

4 x Dragon Fodder
4 x Cultivate
2 x Jund Charm
1 x Crucible of Fire
4 x Maelstrom Pulse
1 x Dragon Roost
1 x Banefire
1 x Savage Twister
2 x Explosive Vegetation
1 x Sneak Attack

An explanation on some of my choices:

1 x Crucible of Fire instead of Form of the Dragon: I’m not a fan of changing my decks for 1on1 or 2HG so usually I try to keep ‘em universal and FotD is not a card I’d like to use in 2HG. It’s perfect in some match-ups though (slivers, elves, Dimir), can’t argue with that.

Crucible on the other hand has been a huge help to me a few times so I’m actually planning to cut smth and take 2nd copy of it. 7/7 Archwing Dragon or two 7/7 Broodmates are pain in the ass for any opponent.

1 x Sneak Attack: Card’s perfect when you don’t have land(s) of needed type to summon that 8/8 flier with haste which you need for instant win.

1 x Dragon Roost: Funny thing is I still haven’t got a chance to actually use this card! But I’m looking forward to test it.

Regarding land count – 24 is more than enough for this deck, IMO. I’m planning to cut 1 swamp and add 1 more forest for ramp purposes. Though, few times I suffered lack of 2 or 3 mountain so I might take it instead of forest.

Thank you all for your advices, guys! I’ve built this one based on your suggestions and decklists!

I just cannot get any consistancy out of this deck. I really hate playing a Cultivate or whatever on turn 3, when I havent established any board presence. By time I can drop a Dracomancer or Dragon card on T4/T5, they almost always have removal in hand by that point.

Impossible to get established with this deck

"Buy the ticket. Take the ride."

yep thats the main problem of the deck, i suggest to not run both shamans and ramp as they kinda try to do the same thing in different ways.

you may also try a G/R verions (i think thers a list somewhere) but basically the idea is to cut the mana ramp in favor of shamans and to play the 4 cmc dragons and the cmc 1 and 2 chumps that you may devour later when you dont need them anymore (even if is better to keep 1 or 2 around) by turn 4 you should be able to deploy a dragon and to have a few 1/1 on the board.

pulse is hard to cut, but if you want an earlier board presence you may give this approach a try

Fodder is nice, early presence. Cheap and plentiful.

Yeah, it can be run r/g but With the expansion decks, running Maelstrom Pulses and Jund charms are very important.

And to agree, the deck seems to lack consistancy. It either rolls over and plays dead, or rolls over opponent. I spent quite a bit of time on this trying to figure it out just so. Only thing I wonder about now is 'Tuskatongues or goblin fodder".

I run the specialty chumps. Jund Battlemage is very useful instead of an unneeded shaman if you use the ramp. With ramp, a 4cmc like Ogre Berserker becomes a chump with attitude. A player cannot afford to leave these around.  Borderland Rangers seem to draw most attention for some odd reason. It's a 2/2 chump once it hits the field people. It's not going to magically turn into a dragon. I've managed to have both Berserker and Battlemage on field at same time. 3/1 saprolings with haste shouldn't be ignored.

I went with the elf as well. Since, he's fetched me 3 cultivates, and 5 Maelstrom Pulses..nothing else. I call that very useful. Also, let's face it, Cascade is fun. Hope the deck packs have more.

Shadowcran wrote:

Yeah, it can be run r/g but With the expansion decks, running Maelstrom Pulses and Jund charms are very important.

And to agree, the deck seems to lack consistancy. It either rolls over and plays dead, or rolls over opponent. I spent quite a bit of time on this trying to figure it out just so. Only thing I wonder about now is 'Tuskatongues or goblin fodder".

I run the specialty chumps. Jund Battlemage is very useful instead of an unneeded shaman if you use the ramp. With ramp, a 4cmc like Ogre Berserker becomes a chump with attitude. A player cannot afford to leave these around.  Borderland Rangers seem to draw most attention for some odd reason. It's a 2/2 chump once it hits the field people. It's not going to magically turn into a dragon. I've managed to have both Berserker and Battlemage on field at same time. 3/1 saprolings with haste shouldn't be ignored.

I went with the elf as well. Since, he's fetched me 3 cultivates, and 5 Maelstrom Pulses..nothing else. I call that very useful. Also, let's face it, Cascade is fun. Hope the deck packs have more.

It's a 2/2 Chump that fetches land, that's why.

Sign In to post comments