A Challenge: Abusing the New M14 Rulings

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Due to the coming M14 Rule changes, individuals have already begun expressing their own applause, uncertainty and/or grief towards its possible effects on EDH/Commander format. Now, I am asking the community to begin brewing for EDH (Multiplayer Chaos, Two-Headed Giant and/or Emperor). What kind of crazy interactions can come about? What will occur is a THG team abuses this new rule change (A slew of questions are possible, but the answers are the most important)?

Also, what is your impression on clone effects and creatures? How will it effect one's choices, clone count and stragety?

If one is not familiar with the coming rule changes, there is a thread on this very forum and two articles on the Daily MTG website.

Begin Brewing.
I took out clone for cryptoplasm, cuz why not?

putting in glaring spotlight now, to deal with those hexproof
No changes to anything I run; already had Spotlight in my Rakdos deck (and sac effects, obviously), Mageta's mass removal on a stick, so he's good, and my Kraj deck runs a singleton Phyrexian Metamorph, which won't be going anywhere.

Besides, I already have Cyclonic Rift; why the heck would I need anything else? 
Resident Logic Cannon
Think I'm going to need to adjust my Jarad deck a little but I don't think it will become a huge issue.
Find a legendary creature with an awesome EtB effect and clone it all day long...

Totally changes the way my Sharuum deck is going to operate.  

3DH4LIF3

Find a legendary creature with an awesome EtB effect and clone it all day long...

Totally changes the way my Sharuum deck is going to operate.

cloning it still isn't any better than blinking it....I mean why pay 4 mana for clone, when you could play 2 mana for flicker, momentary blink, turn to mist, etc. I don't think the change even nerfs that sharuum + sculpting steel/metamorph combo. You still have one copy hit the yard before putting the reanimation trigger on the stack and choosing a target for it, so you can still endlessly flip the artifact copy in and out of the yard.

I'm not sure it changes much of anything from a deck-building perspective. Clones are now a bit better than they used to be in multiplayer, and voltroning with aura/equipment is slightly safer, but that's about it.
Exactly! now I can play all the clones!!!

I was being a little facetious. The change simplifies the scultiping steel combo a bit, but will have no bearing on my decks at all other than I might consider playing clone in more decks. 

3DH4LIF3