Dragon magazine/dungeon magazine subscription PDF's what is up?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
im subscribed to the insider. but i cannot view the full issues of 395-415 of dragon magazine. there is no option to view them as a complete pdf.

does anyone know why this is? how i can fix this? or if there was a forum/link fix for this?

id like to take special note. that i do not wish to be forced to gain the product im already paying for through other means.
im subscribed to the insider. but i cannot view the full issues of 395-415 of dragon magazine. there is no option to view them as a complete pdf.

does anyone know why this is? how i can fix this? or if there was a forum/link fix for this?

id like to take special note. that i do not wish to be forced to gain the product im already paying for through other means.

You should still be able to download the articles which comprise each issue with your DDI subscription, just click on the article title and then save the pdf file that opens afterwards.

Prior to issue 395, Wizards noticed a trend among subscribers that most subscribers would download the individual articles as they were released, and would not bother downloading the compiled issue at the end of the month. Given that the ruleset is exception based, either a thing is or it specifically isn't, it is no surprise that Wizards reacted with a binary approach. Starting with issue 395, Wizards stopped compiling issues altogether, and let each article stand on its own as a separate download.

There was an immediate, and persitent, hue and cry from those who did download the compiled issues. After more than a year of hearing customers say that they wanted a return to compiled issues, Wizards flipped the switch in the other direction. Starting with issue 415, subscribers would again be able to download compiled issues of the magazines, but we would no longer be able to download individual articles.

I preferred individual articles, others preferred compilations. For a good long while Wizards accomodated both groups. Why that is either difficult or undesirable in the present, I haven't the foggiest idea.

Moved to D&D Insider.