Next DDI Update - June

31 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey gang. I wanted to drop in to let you know that there is a DDI tools update planned for June. I don't have all the details yet, but I wanted to at least let you know what I knew. When I get more info, like a date or what to expect in the update, I'll let you know.
Trevor Kidd Community Manager
Thanks for the update Trevor. Communication is important and appreciated.

I hope it will catch up and include up to the most recent Dragon/Dungeon issues...

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Thank you, Trevor.  The heads-up is very much appreciated.

OD&D, 1E and 2E challenged the player. 3E challenged the character, not the player. Now 4E takes it a step further by challenging a GROUP OF PLAYERS to work together as a TEAM. That's why I love 4E.

"Your ability to summon a horde of celestial superbeings at will is making my ... BMX skills look a bit redundant."

"People treat their lack of imagination as if it's the measure of what's silly. Which is silly." - Noon

"Keep On The Shadowfell" would be hailed as a brilliant, revolutionary triumph in game design if it were followed by the words "A Pathfinder Adventure Path by Paizo."

"Falling down is how you grow.  Staying down is how you die.  It's not what happens to you, it's what you do after it happens.”

Cool, looking forward to it!
Thank you for passing it on.

Now for Wizards/Hasbro to follow through....
For me too little too late. After an ongoing subscription almost straight from the start I am not paying for that pitfiful content anymore.

Give us more crunch and rule items and I might reconsider, but we all know that won't happen. Thed Devs declared 4e to be finished and won't ever create new crunch to fill the gaping holes still left
For me too little too late. After an ongoing subscription almost straight from the start I am not paying for that pitfiful content anymore.

Give us more crunch and rule items and I might reconsider, but we all know that won't happen. Thed Devs declared 4e to be finished and won't ever create new crunch to fill the gaping holes still left

I have a simple question...

Will Wizards of the Coast bring down the character builder, compendium and the others online tools for 4e when NEXT come out? I hope not. Im still playing! xD
I have a simple question...

Will Wizards of the Coast bring down the character builder, compendium and the others online tools for 4e when NEXT come out? I hope not. Im still playing! xD

Lots of people have this question, and so far WotC has refused to answer it.  Frankly I don't expect an answer until NEXT actually is released, I assume at GenCon 2014.
Thank you Trevor for the info!
Are you threatening me master jedi? Dungeons & Dragons 4e Classic - The Dark Edition
I have removed content from this thread because Discussing or Promoting illegal activity is a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_...

Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks.You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively.

If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the Report Post button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.

I hope it will catch up and include up to the most recent Dragon/Dungeon issues...

I hope it includes June issue content too.  Muchas gracias... atarashii johou o arigatou gozaimasu, Trevor-san!

Hey gang. I wanted to drop in to let you know that there is a DDI tools update planned for June. I don't have all the details yet, but I wanted to at least let you know what I knew. When I get more info, like a date or what to expect in the update, I'll let you know.

It's live, finally!  Thanks.

EDIT:

I hope it includes June issue content too.

No it doesn't; it includes through April (Dragon 422).  Though in a way, the joke's on us, because there was basically no content in the June Dragon issue anyway.
And, there is at least one bug...

Kapak Dragonborn who take sinuous agility gain a +2 bonus to Dex and Charisma IN ADDITION TO the normal Draginborn racial bonuses (so, you wind up with +4 Cha, +2 Dex, and a choice of +2 Str or +2 Con).

Sinuous Agility is supposed to replace the Dragonborn racial bonuses, not add to.
Can anyone tell me where the option to maek the character a Ghost is?
Can anyone tell me where the option to maek the character a Ghost is?

Unearthed Arcana stuff don't make it into the Character Builder unfortunatly.

Yan
Montréal, Canada

Unearthed Arcana stuff don't make it into the Character Builder unfortunatly.

Was... Looking forward to the milticlass optional rules.

Well, happy there was an update. Hopefully new gear or something I can dig though.
Anyone bump into any of the new information?

I think I might of saw a few new rings and rituals? Where there just a ton of text corrections?

I also checked and Essential characters can no longer drop their PP class for another and they seem to have a fewer feat selection now. Doesn't effect our game as we don't use Essentials but I was just digging trying to find changes/additions.

The patch notes looked like they hit most the major books (but UA), so I was kind of expecting a few changes to jump "off the page".

If anyone bumped into a class change/addition or a new piece of gear, could you please list it in this thread?
I also checked and Essential characters can no longer drop their PP class for another

What do you mean by this?

I also checked and Essential characters can no longer drop their PP class for another

What do you mean by this?

Last week when i created an essentials thief over level 11, I could drop the PP if gave automaticaly and could pickup, say, daggermaster. Now when I go to drop the PP, it pauses for a moment then keeps the automatic PP in place. Now there are no other PPs listed when the list is brought up.

It kind of makes sense in this example since a thiefs main attack is the melee basic attack - but the daggermaster's crit range only works on rouge and daggermaster powers (which the basic attack isn't). So this change makes sense but I'd of though other PPs would still function without an issue.

Just something I noticed - perhaps it was bugged for me.
Also last week I could add milticlass feats to an essentials character, now those feats are filtered out of the feats list.
I suspect you clicked the "New" button to create a new Essentials character.  Try using "Custom" instead.
Anyway.....

Did anyone notice anything new or different? anything?
Anyway.....

Oh yes.  They added all of the Dragon material from the past 4 months, including the following:

1) The Tinker Gnome race

2) Flex stats and new feats for Bladelings and Hobgoblins

3) Draconians as Dragonborn sub-races.

Unfortunately they screwed up one of the Kapak Draconian options.  One of their options was supposed to grant them +2 to Dex and Cha instead of the usual racial bonuses, but they set it up so that they got them in addition to the standard bonuses.  I really hope we do not have to wait another four months to see this bug corrected.

Anyway.....

Oh yes.  They added all of the Dragon material from the past 4 months, including the following:

1) The Tinker Gnome race

2) Flex stats and new feats for Bladelings and Hobgoblins

3) Draconians as Dragonborn sub-races.

Unfortunately they screwed up one of the Kapak Draconian options.  One of their options was supposed to grant them +2 to Dex and Cha instead of the usual racial bonuses, but they set it up so that they got them in addition to the standard bonuses.  I really hope we do not have to wait another four months to see this bug corrected.

Excellent.  thank you.

Doh that sounds like a bug that should be fixed soon!

Do we know if the UA data will be added at somepoint down the road or not?

Do we know if the UA data will be added at somepoint down the road or not?

Don't count on it. Alternative rules don't get added to the CB.
Unfortunately they screwed up one of the Kapak Draconian options.  One of their options was supposed to grant them +2 to Dex and Cha instead of the usual racial bonuses, but they set it up so that they got them in addition to the standard bonuses.

Did you reported the bug?

Yan
Montréal, Canada

Unfortunately they screwed up one of the Kapak Draconian options.  One of their options was supposed to grant them +2 to Dex and Cha instead of the usual racial bonuses, but they set it up so that they got them in addition to the standard bonuses.

Did you reported the bug?

I was about to then I saw it on the known issues list.

I wonder whether I should report that the Known Issues list misidentifies the sub-race that has the wrong adjustments for Sinuous Agility.  The known issues list says that it is Bozaks, but I was able to confirm that it is Kapaks.

Yeah you should report it i think.

Yan
Montréal, Canada

The known issues list is fun.  I've already noticed at least one 'bug' which, RAW, is correctly-programmed.  Gotta love it:

Arena weapons from the Arena Training fighter feature are sharing all bonuses instead of just feat attack and damage bonuses.

This is correct - the wording of the Arena Fighter feature specifically says that any feat which provides feat bonuses to hit and damage to any arena weapon, applies to all your arena weapons.  Note; the FEAT applies, not just its bonuses.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Still no content from Cairn of the Winter King?