Multiclass Druid and Wild Shape Power

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
I need clarification on my wild shape ability gained from multiclassing into druid with "Initiate of Old Faith."

1. Am I limited to one beast form? If I chose to change into a honey badger, then am I unable to polymorph into another kind of beast.  So, I can't turn into a medium-sized eagle.

2. When my character adopts a beast form from my wild shape ability, does my character gain its movement mode using my normal speed?  If I change into a medium-sized eagle, then do I gain a fly speed (hover) at my current speed?

To all that is good and worthwhile.

MC Druid Wildshape is identical to the standard Wildshape, just with the usage restriction.  Your specific form can be different each time, and has no impact whatsoever on your game statistics.  Refer to the standard Wild Shape for details.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
MC Druid Wildshape is identical to the standard Wildshape, just with the usage restriction.  Your specific form can be different each time, and has no impact whatsoever on your game statistics.  Refer to the standard Wild Shape for details.

So, I referenced another forum post here from 2 years that arbitrated that movement is changed. So, they used a fish beast form that has a swim speed and a normal speed on land as well.

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

I suppose feats allow for permittable forms of movement modes.

Good news, so far is that I can alter to any beast form at-will.  YES!

Thank you, Mand.

You misread that post. You can still swim as a fish, but you're using the normal swim rules.
You misread that post. You can still swim as a fish, but you're using the normal swim rules.

Thank you, Alcestis. I just realized that as I re-read that forum.

So, both my questions have been answered. Woo-hoo! That was super fast.

Quoting myself from that thread, still applies:

The most...creative...use of wildshape I've encountered was the player who turned into a speed-7, no-swim-speed, Medium rainbow trout with Grasping Claws.

Works perfectly fine by RAW.

D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition

I'd have to say the creepiest use of wildshape was a speed-opped druid who preferred to charge in the form of an octopus....
Shades of Alien facehuggers there, lemme tell ya, especially when he decided that the octopus was going to zip around by walking on the tips of its tentacles spider-style.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

Quoting myself from that thread, still applies:

The most...creative...use of wildshape I've encountered was the player who turned into a speed-7, no-swim-speed, Medium rainbow trout with Grasping Claws.

Works perfectly fine by RAW.

Who's that Pokemon?