Et tu, Brute, contra me?

30 posts / 0 new
Last post

CHECK NEW CARD LIST BELOW! :M

Well, my idea is simple - TURN THEM AGAINST THEIR OWNERS! It should be something like list below, but I'm ok with every change.
For now, I want to take opponent's creatures, use them, and fed Greater Gargadons and Jinxed Idols with them, or just take them for ever with epic mechanics of Bazaar Traders.
Plus I see a lot of usages (general, in game) for Splinter Twin, but I guess I should get rid of them here, and maybe build new deck around them or something.
Main goal for now is stealing their creatures :3

4x Bazaar Trader

4x Act of Treason
4x Mark of Mutiny
2x Threaten
2x Conquering Manticore

4x Fling
4x Greater Gargadon
2x Jinxed Idol

4x Siege-Gang Commander
4x Splinter Twin
1x Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker

25x  Mountain

Other than giving away Jinxed Idol, I don't see how Bazaar Trader helps you. Splinter Twin isn't really of much use. Siege-Gang Commander doesn't really fit, unless you're playing against a goblin deck.

You should ditch those, and look for more ways to sacrifice creatures once they're stolen. 
Trader can let you permanently gain control of creatures you Threaten.

SGC really is out of place though.try out Zealous Conscripts. You can threaten non-creatures then.
My Decks
Standard: BR Aggro Burn RDW Modern: Dragon Stompy Burn Fae Tempo Zoo Cherrios Legacy: Zoo Dragon Stompy Pauper: Slivers Landfall EDH: Sliver Overlord
1000th post on 2-1-10. 5000th post on 1-21-13.
So it does. Ingenius!
I like Act of Aggression in this list. Instant speed is a great combat trick IMO.

EDH decks I play:

Prossh: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4101381

Derevi: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4025591

Kaalia (the beats)

Zur (disgusting combo)

Damia (Bug Elf deck)

Numot (Stax)

Norin (Mono Red Suicide)

Ghave (Uber combo)

Muzzio (Oops, Blightsteel)

Insurrection threatens all creatures.  Grab the Reins is Threaten and Fling in the same card
Ha, thanks for your replies guys~! 

Trader can let you permanently gain control of creatures you Threaten. SGC really is out of place though.try out Zealous Conscripts. You can threaten non-creatures then.

Oh, nice, great card indeed.

Insurrection threatens all creatures.  Grab the Reins is Threaten and Fling in the same card

Grab the Reins is awesome, but Insurrection would be pretty much dead card for me, with it's mana cost. But on the other hand... sometimes you just need big card like this one. Maybe I'll get one :>

I like Act of Aggression in this list. Instant speed is a great combat trick IMO.

It is, but now I can do that with Grab the Reins. Do you think I need more of that?

Ok, then - i have something like 

so, only 32 cards. If I'll have like 23 lands, we still have 5 free slots. What else should I take? 

The CMC here looks a bit high to me... Infernal Plunge for a bit of ramp perhaps? Could be a devious use for your new friends.
The CMC here looks a bit high to me... Infernal Plunge for a bit of ramp perhaps? Could be a devious use for your new friends.

Good idea! I was warried about CMC as well; I'll take them 4x. 
And also I'll probably get rid of my Conquering Manticore and take another Zealous Conscripts . This thing is golden :3

EDIT:

Hm, what about Reverberate? It's cheap, I could steal their spells (and counterspells as well!), and ofc do some double Threatens~~ 

Well, Increasing Vengeance is working only for your own spells, it don't give you so much flexibility as Reverberate. I always fell much safer with some counterspells, but if I can't counter them, maybe I could just copy them :>
I'd leave a few Kikki-Jikki in there. You can go infinite copying Consripts and having them untap him.

I also liked your idea of using Trader to donate Jinked stuff to dodge the pass effect youself.
My Decks
Standard: BR Aggro Burn RDW Modern: Dragon Stompy Burn Fae Tempo Zoo Cherrios Legacy: Zoo Dragon Stompy Pauper: Slivers Landfall EDH: Sliver Overlord
1000th post on 2-1-10. 5000th post on 1-21-13.
Ah, I didn't notice that; my apologies!

As for the Manticore vs. Conscripts, I'd do some testing on that front to see; the Conscripts do what you want them to do for cheaper, but the Manticore is a bigger body with flying for only one more mana... It's up to you on that front.

Also, what would this deck do against a creature light deck, I wonder? Obviously it would keep their field clear the entire game, but then it would depend on what form of control they're running I guess.

Ultimately I REALLY like the idea of it all, and Reverberate is probably as close to "counter" as you'll get, so I'd add it if you can find a place.

As for the Manticore vs. Conscripts, I'd do some testing on that front to see; the Conscripts do what you want them to do for cheaper, but the Manticore is a bigger body with flying for only one more mana... It's up to you on that front.

Main thing about Zealous Conscript is that it could steal everything, even a planswalker. That's why imho he's just better ;3

Also, what would this deck do against a creature light deck, I wonder? Obviously it would keep their field clear the entire game, but then it would depend on what form of control they're running I guess.

Well, there's nothing to do with that problem, really. That's why it will always be just an fun, casual deck for friends, never meant to be truly competitive - but I'm ok with that, I have my badass infinite sacrificing deck when I need to win :>

I'd leave a few Kikki-Jikki in there. You can go infinite copying Consripts and having them untap him.

The problem, like always, is space in deck. I don't want to have more then 60 cards, that would sucks. Still, I can do a lot with this little guy, maybe one or two would be ok here, hm.

I also liked your idea of using Trader to donate Jinked stuff to dodge the pass effect youself.

Yea, that would be funny; but still, it's 2 dmg per turn, and as I said, i don't have a lot of space. On the other hand... it'll be practically always under opponents control, and the worst thing that could happen, is that they will murder all they creatures with that. Hm.

-----

So. I have to decide: 

Infernal Plunge
Jinxed Idol
Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker

I want all of them, but have only 6 free slots... but ofc I could get rid of few Threaten cards. 
I really need advice with that thing, can't really decide by myself~~ 

hmm, I just need to point out something real quick:  Grab the Reins does not untap the creature you steal, while Act of Aggression does.  

I'd test it with Grab the Reins first and see how often that's an issue.  Maybe build the deck on MTGdeckbuilder or something so you don't have to buy a bunch of cards first
Hm, right, that's quite a big thing. I found another instant steals, Blind with Anger and Temporary Insanity but idk... they're only one mana (or 2 hp) cheaper, and it is not that simple to take their creatures with them. Anyway, now I see more usages for instant Threatens, but 5 mana is a lot, and you must be carefull with phyrexian mana. Still... you do think, that Act of Aggression will be best choice here, right?
Hm, right, that's quite a big thing. I found another instant steals, Blind with Anger and Temporary Insanity but idk... they're only one mana (or 2 hp) cheaper, and it is not that simple to take their creatures with them. Anyway, now I see more usages for instant Threatens, but 5 mana is a lot, and you must be carefull with phyrexian mana. Still... you do think, that Act of Aggression will be best choice here, right?

I think if untapping the creature is important to you, then yes, Act of Aggression is the best choice.  2 life, or even 4 life, to a red deck is nothing.  

Long story short, if the 4 life you lose from playing Act of Aggression for 3 causes you to lose, you would have lost anyways, in all likelihood.  The rest of the time it shouldn't matter as long as you're smart about when and how you play it.
Plot twist - there is better threaten then Threaten. I found Unwilling Recruit, nice!

Anyyyway, here you are, card list for now:

EDIT: I made some tests at mtgdeckbuilder, and damn, I have huge mana problems here. What to do?

Wow, if you're having a mana problem with THAT list I'm not sure what to tell you... Maybe try adding a few mana-producing artifacts like Darksteel Ingot, Vessel of Endless Rest or Coldsteel Heart, which could be your best bet at only two mana in a mono-coloured deck. I also like Ashnod's Altar for sacrifice decks, but you may need to keep the creatures most of the time.
I think you're a little too focused on the stealing effects right now.  You have 20 steal effects total, so 1/3 of your deck is close to worthless if your against a deck with fewer to no creatures or creatures with any kind of protection, and you'll probably do poorly if those steal effects start getting countered.

I think you need some repeatable stealing: ie dominus of fealty or bringer of the red dawn.  They steal a guy (or permanent in the case of the dominus), plus make good beatsticks.

I think your steal effects could be traitorous blood (for tramply goodness) and traitorous instinct (The +2/+0 can be relevant).  I also like the occasional word of seizing for uncounterable stealing of permanents.

Staples like lightning bolt and pyroclasm are always nice to help against faster aggro decks.

Stealing stuff is fun, but I think you may find that if you are too focused on it, you may find yourself in games where you just can't do anything.

Hope some of this helps!!
html_removed
iFrame Removed
html_removed
html_removed
Culling Dais will allow you to sac a creature that you have borrowed

Ok, after 6 months I'm back. And would love to do some more fine-tuning here~~ 

What do you say? As always, I'm open for any changes, even the most radical ones.

4x Bazaar Trader
4x Greater Gargadon
4x Fling
4x Infernal Plunge
4x Grab the Reins
4x Traitorous Blood
2x Blind with Anger
4x Unwilling Recruit
2x Mark of Mutiny
2x Jinxed Idol
2x Dominus of Fealty
1x Koth of the Hammer

23x Mountain

So, I wonder, maybe I should get more Dominus of Fealtys? 

They're 5, yes, but w/ Bazaar Trader it's "hey, yo, each turn I'll just take one of your cards for ever, ty", op :3

And even if no, I still could use them as "kills one permanent per turn" (a lot of sacrafise)

Also, after all, I have Infernal Plunge to play them even faster. 

This build is similar to one of my favorite decks.  I use black though, for access to Sarkhan the Mad and Abyssal Persecutor.  These cards, in addition to the Bazaar Trader are key to the deck, the rest are just "take over" cards and sac outlets.  You're sac outlets are good I think, but with black you might find use in cards like Viscera Seer and Disciple of Griselbrand.

Not saying it's the best idea, but if you do add black, Olivia Voldaren would be awesome as well.

I have a deck that run just like this, except I mixed in black. Thou I am running jinxed idol I have Threaten like cards. I also have a sweet of a little more heavy hiting cards.

Abyssal Persecutor

Bronze Bombshell

Immortal Coil + That swamp that exiles a yard.

I think I like act of aggression as mentioned above due to it's instant speed.

I'd suggest Chandra, the Firebrand if you are simply looking for a fun addition. She can copy all of your threaten effects, or if you have control of two of your opponent's creatures you can copy your fling. I think more Koth could be a good move too. If you do happen to play against a control deck or a deck that's running very few creatures, he can win you the game.

Since you're running mono-red at the moment, I would consider Shrine of Burning Rage as a finisher. It is absolutely amazing against most control decks because they don't tend to main deck artifact removal, especially in a casual setting. Jinxed Idol fills a similar role, but Shrine can achieve it more quickly depending on how many spells you play.

I don't want to try and take away from the essence of what your deck is trying to do of course   Koth and Shrine are just both amazing ways to achieve victory if your opponent doesn't drop any creatures.

I made beautiful faeire deck list... and then checked it's price. Uh. I'm not THAT rich, sorry mtg.

So, once again, back to this old buddy. Maybe it's not so shiny, but after all, should be affordable, and pleasing as just a fun casual deck. 

ET TU, BRUTE, CONTRA ME?! >:C

my own creatures:

4x Bazaar Trader
4x Greater Gargadon

2x Dominus of Fealty

"my" own creatures:

4x Grab the Reins
4x Traitorous Blood
2x Blind with Anger
4x Unwilling Recruit
2x Mark of Mutiny

other stuff: 

4x Fling
4x Infernal Plunge

2x Jinxed Idol
1x Koth of the Hammer

mountain range:

23x Mountain

I will order it soon enough, but I'm still able change something here and there.

Jinxed Idols are my main concern; I'm worried they could end like my Puppet Conjurers - buried with all sentiments and hopes deep inside the card album :c

The deck idea looks pretty hilarious. I think it's worth trying out. I wondered about Illusionist's Bracers, maybe, on a Bazaar Trader? When you steal more than one thing, tap a Trader and gain control of multiple things?

Magus: "If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!" ________________ Ian Malcolm: "God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates Man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs." Ellie Sattler: "Dinosaurs eat Man. Woman inherits the Earth."

I'm not sure... while Illusionist's Bracers is certainly a great card itself, paring it with Bazaar Trader and taking control over two creatures would be a 4 card combo, and 2x Traitorous Blood costs like 6 mana. Also, without my lovely little thieves to attach, Illusionist's Bracers would be just a dead card for me. I'm simply affraid, that it's a little too much mess with setting it up - loves & thanks for the idea, tho! :>

EDIT: if I understand correctly, it won't work with Dominus of Fealty, right?

EDIT 2: ok, I checked by myself, it won't :v

While it won't double Dominus of Fealty's ability, it would allow you to use Dominus and Traitorous Blood and double the Bazaar Traders ability to keep two creatures in one turn.  Sounds fun, but not sure it's worth removing another slot.

In my opinion, the Jinxed Idol isn't necessary.