A Purplebackpack89 Contest: 3-Color Returning Mechs: WBR annihilator

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Awhile back, I had a thread devoted to what returning Mechs three-color combinations would have.  One of the ones we came up with was annihilator for .  So here are the contest rules:

• 48 hours for submission, 48 hours for voting

• Card must contain all three colors in its CMC (slash and Phyexian mana both permitted)

• Card must work with annihilator

• Card must be reasonably on-pie

• If you do a legendary creature, please specify if it would be a commander or support if you're EDHing it up  

Champion of Ruin
Creature - Horror Knight R
Annihilator 2 (Whenever this creature attacks, defending player sacrifices two permanents.)
Whenever a noncreature permanent is annihilated and Champion of Ruin is attacking, put a 2/2 black Horror creature token onto the battlefield tapped and attacking.
3/3
Gravuul, Destroyer of All
Legendary Creature -- Demon
Annihilator 1
Whenever a creature dies, ~ gains deathtouch until end of turn.
Whenever an artifact is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, ~ gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
3/3
He comes...things go...he feeds...it's the cycle that's been repeating eternally.

Yes, he's an EDH general. His first non-keyword ability discourages people from saccing creatures, and his second discourages them (slightly less) from saccing artifacts. Enchantments and lands: gone. And seriously...as if his self-synergy wasn't enough, how can you not be killing things and destroying artifacts with B/R?

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

"I play a Grave Betrayal. I get all your dead things now, mwahahahaha!"
"Okay. I play a Phage the Untouchable. Piss me off and I will sac it."
"... ... ... so guys, remind me again how to sac my own enchantments?"

Gravuul, Destroyer of All
Legendary Creature -- Demon
Annihilator 1
Whenever a creature dies, ~ gains deathtouch until end of turn.
Whenever an artifact is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, ~ gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
3/3
He comes...things go...he feeds...it's the cycle that's been repeating eternally.

Yes, he's an EDH general. His first non-keyword ability discourages people from saccing creatures, and his second discourages them (slightly less) from saccing artifacts. Enchantments and lands: gone. And seriously...as if his self-synergy wasn't enough, how can you not be killing things and destroying artifacts with B/R?

Or blowing up enchants with white, for that matter? 
Nevsaya, the Runic Blade
Legendary Creautre- Angel Vampire

Annihilator 2 (When this creature attacks defending player sacrifices two permanents)
Haste, Flying, Lifelink
Whenever Nevsaya, the Runic Blade attacks Nevsaya, the Runic Blade gets +x/+x until end of turn which is equal to the cmc of all permanents sacrificed plus the number of permanents sacrificed by defending player this turn.
2/2

Thought it would be cool to have an edh general revolving around making opponent sacrifice permanents to pump your general.

The biggest Vorthos Ever I'd rather have an awesome mechanic than the most flavor any day. Constantly coming up with cards all the time. So if you see a card you like tell me. Constantly trying to get into card of the week if you see a card you like please nominate.

Death Dealer – ()
Creature – Zombie Soldier
Annihilator 1
Death loves company, just like misery.
0/1

PORTRAIT OF A PLANESWALKER – Coming October 13th, 2013

IMAGE(http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/385.gif)

Only a few more hours left!
(wbr) (wbr) (wbr) Scorning Liven

Creature- Zombie Soldier

Undying
Annihilator X, where X is Scorning Liven's power.

-2/3

Yes, the printed power is -2. In regards to the Annihilator X ability, treat a negative power as though it was 0.

(wbr) can be paid with , , or . The converted mana cost of a tribrid mana symbol is .
56544366 wrote:
If a card works well in Standard, does fun but not totally broken things in Modern, and gets stupid in Legacy, I call that designing for everyone's enjoyment.
Time to vote!
bump?

The biggest Vorthos Ever I'd rather have an awesome mechanic than the most flavor any day. Constantly coming up with cards all the time. So if you see a card you like tell me. Constantly trying to get into card of the week if you see a card you like please nominate.