Boros Aggro Deck Help

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hey, I have been working on a moderate budget Boros aggro deck. It's a pretty normal R/W aggro deck, but I need help making sure it is FNM viable before trying to play with it. I feel like it might be too weak against ramp/aggro decks in Jund, Junk, or Naya. Boros Reckoner and Tajic, Blade of the Legion are for blocking, while still having some offensive power. Firemane Avenger and Spark Trooper are for giving the deck some more time and finishing (along with Aurelia, the Warleader). Aurelia's Fury is in the maindeck to provide some extra utility, or an occasional burn. For sideboarding stuff into the deck, Aurelia, the Warleader and maybe Ash Zealot are the cards to get pulled out, due to their mana costs.

Here's what I've got so far.

Creatures (30)
4x Boros Elite
3x Legion Loyalist
4x Ash Zealot
4x Boros Reckoner
4x Frontline Medic
2x Tajic, Blade of the Legion
3x Spark Trooper
4x Firemane Avenger
2x Aurelia, the Warleader

Spells (10)
2x Aurelia's Fury
4x Boros Charm
4x Searing Spear

Land (20)
4x Sacred Foundry
4x Clifftop Retreat
5x Plains
7x Mountain

Sideboard (15)
3x Blind Obedience
2x Legion's Initiative
2x Glaring Spotlight
2x Rest in Peace
2x Blasphemous Act
2x Oblivion Ring
2x Skullcrack

Thanks for any advice or input!
You should go with either a red or white base for your early drops. This would help the consistency and you also have too many 4 drops.

Your curve should look like this in an aggro deck, 8(one drops), 12(two drops), 6-8(three drops) and 4(four drops).
take a look at my boros aggro, ive been working on it for a few months and its really tough to beat went undeafeated at FNM last week. Im still working on my lands but everything else is pretty much set in stone.

mtgdeckbuilder.net/Decks/EditDeck

take a look at my boros aggro, ive been working on it for a few months and its really tough to beat went undeafeated at FNM last week. Im still working on my lands but everything else is pretty much set in stone.

mtgdeckbuilder.net/Decks/EditDeck

Can't follow the link. Post your deck on this thread.
The curve is waaaaaaaaaayyy to high to only be playing 20 lands. 

Aurelia, the Warleader does not belong in this deck, same goes to Aurelia's Fury.
Warleader's Helix, and the Loyalist needs to be a 4 of. It's sexy, and one of the best ways you have to mitigate flashwurms. 
Perhaps Skyknight Legionnaire as a hasty three-drop flier? I have always been a fan of Fencing Ace as a turn two creature. hope this helps
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.