Dungeon Command at GenCon

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dungeon Command Tournament and Open-Play at GenCon

WHERE: Board Game Hall, Rogue Judges Arena

WHEN: Saturday, August 17th at 6pm

HOW: Show up ready to play! We will have a tournament as well as open play for those wishing to learn / not play in a competitive setting. I'll have at least four copies of the five released sets, plus extra individual minis. Oh, I almost forget -- some promos for giveaway.

WHAT: Dungeon Command Tournament and Open-Play.

Open-Play -- Just show up, warband or not. I will be teaching the game to anyone who wishes to learn.

Tournament -- The tournament will follow the published WotC rules as below. Briefly, you must have a minimum of 12 Creature cards and 30 Order cards. You cannot have more than four copies of a single Creature or Order card in your deck. You must have two large tiles and 2 small tiles, with one of the small tiles having an official start area.

Tournament Rules -- HERE

WHY: Because FUN, that's why.

* This event is not sanctioned by Wizards of the Coast.
* You will not find this event in the GenCon event listing. I'm running the event because it doesn't look like there will be any official WotC Dungeon Command event at the moment.
Awesome!  And that happens to be during one of my free blocks of time, even more awesome!  Thanks for organizing this.

I won't be at GenCon or Origins this year, but glad to hear there will be some DC going on - way to fight the good fight!

If you want to sanction the events, you should talk to a local store or TO - it is very easy to do and they'd likely be glad to deputize you to do it.  There isn't a huge benefit, but it couldn't hurt to have WOTC know that events are running from time to time. 
Good idea. I will ask the local store that runs the game days about this.
Thank you, Cashtool! It's great of you to do this. I'll see you at GenCon!
For those of you interested in the event, I will have the 3-D Hirst Arts Tiles created by Benoit of Roving Band of Misfits. The tiles are absolutely beautiful.

Sting of Lolth & Heart of Cormyr:
rovingbandofmisfits.wordpress.com/2012/0...

Curse of Undeath:
rovingbandofmisfits.wordpress.com/2012/1...

Tyranny of Goblins:
rovingbandofmisfits.wordpress.com/2012/1...

Blood of Gruumsh:
(forthcoming article)

the 3-D Hirst Arts Tiles are verry beautiful!!!
Beautiful Work!  I have my warband ready to play.  Thanks for doing this!

~Tim
Looks like Dungeon Command has been officially approved as an event at GenCon. The event covers both the tournament and open-play (teaching). Sign up while there is space available.