[M14-ICD] Grim Return

36 posts / 0 new
Last post

Grim Return
Instant
Choose target creature card in a graveyard that was put there from the battlefield this turn. Put that card onto the battlefield under your control.
The necromancer's touch strips away memory and loyalty, so only strength and malice remain.

At first I thought this kind of sucked, and had been done before, but then I realized that it works on your opponents' creatures, so keep that in mind I guess!!

There are a lot more spoilers in this MTGS thread, but I didn't realize there were more while I was making this post, so I shan't be making any more ICDs for 'em.
Man, when I first read it I didn't notice the "from the battlefield" and got super excited for this in mill, as it would also be a sick answer to Emrakul

Still a pretty cool card.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
from the battlefield ruins it.
from the battlefield ruins it.

This.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
not bad, the non mill fun does degrade it somewhat.

<----- Loser.

YES.

Dat Card
Dat Art
Dat Flavor

Grim Return 2016 
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
Return target creature card
in a graveyard that died this turn
to play under your control.
Cool card but from battlefield does hurt it.
Really? Unhallowed Pact was common, and has almost the same effect.
My novel, Mektar, Clash of Ideals, is now available for purchase! Just click this text. I have +30 bragging rights according to HairlessThoctar. Just saying.
respect the box

Except that it's an enchantment therefore opening itself to removal, and giving the opponent choices.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:
Good but could have included mill as a trigger.
If it wasn't worded the way it is now then it would've costed more. WoTC doesn't like to make things like entomb anymore, because for the most part the quality of the creatures has gone so far up since the time of cheap reanimation.
Strong card. This card can be used in an aggro or contro/midrange deck. It'll work well with sacrifice creatures, Varolz, the Scar-Striped and Falkenrath Aristocrat, or mass removal/spot removal, Putrefy and Supreme Verdict.
Why isn't it died this turn? Is their another way for creatures to go to the graveyard from the battlefield that doesn't fit the definition of "dies"?

I though that was the point of the change in vernacular.

3DH4LIF3

amazing combat trick is AMAZING.
Edit... I suppose the card in the yard is a new object and so didn't properly "die"...

3DH4LIF3

This one makes me upset about YMTC 4 that my design wasn't picked.
Enchantment
, Pay 2 life: Put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield, then sacrifice that creature. 
So this is a graceful reprieve (of sorts) that can target your opponent's cards but costs more?

Okay, but doesn't seem worth the rare slot.
Dat artwork.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
Dat artwork.

Yup.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:

Except that it's an enchantment therefore opening itself to removal, and giving the opponent choices.

More to the point, the fact that this can be used after the fact is worth more than the fact that the Unhallowed Pact can be be cast when its convenient, instead of when you have open mana.
For the most part, I prefer Undying Evil.

But discount Mind Control could be fun to mess around with. 
Heya everyone, here are my homebrew threads: (yes there is only one right now, but there are more to come!) And Let There Be Fish-Men: KUO-TOA
This could be a house with the myriad of death touchers that look playable.
This could be a house with the myriad of death touchers that look playable.

I like the way you think.
Just hope nighthawk shows up again
Just hope nighthawk shows up again

You and me both.
I like this over Unhallowed Pace just because it's not as obvious a play

EDH decks I play:

Prossh: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4101381

Derevi: http://community.wizards.com/forum/commander-edh/threads/4115936

Kaalia (the beats)

Zur (disgusting combo)

Damia (Bug Elf deck)

Numot (Stax)

Griselbrand (French)

Ghave (Uber combo)

Muzzio (Oops, Blightsteel)

respect the box

Respect it!

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
This card has great flavor everywhere. I like it.
It's just a Reincarnation.
STEP 1: Find your cousin STEP 2: Get your cousin in the cannon STEP: 3 Find another cousin
So does anyone else see a combo with Desecration Demon or is it just me?
Dude, combos with Liturgy of Blood for a mono-black, two-card, permanent Mind Control. :D

CURRENT EDH DECKS: Sek'kuar | Kraj | Teysa | Wort | Purphoros | Varolz | Reaper King | Rakdos | Isperia | Ultimus | Iroas | Macar | Roon | Marath | Kruphix | Karametra | Marchesa

this will see play in MBC. 
Even though the creature had to come from the battlefield to be reanimated, this is good enough to see play. I'd run it.

How to autocard:

Show
[c]Blaze[/c] = Blaze

you can also...

[deck]

38 Relentless Rats

22 Swamp

[/deck]

=

kind of long cosidering the timing issues

next time they can print

return the top card of any graveyard to play