KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!

60 posts / 0 new
Last post
Yes. Yes they did. 

Kirk is into girls with tails. I am not shocked. That Vulcan bromance was too obvious.  
I thought his name was John Harrisson or something?
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
John Harrison is just one name he's been given.

I don't want to spoil the movie for you so I will withhold further details.

My wife and I, along with two of our friends/gaming buddies and their son, went to see it last night.

The only thing I will say about the film is that we enjoyed it BUT (And I simply love nostalgia & all.) we are ready to see this new cast, take these old roles and do something completely original with their own story sans all the "retelling" of stories we've all seen before.

No matter how much we love those stories.

I'd be perfectly content with seeing one of the adventures that take place during their 5 year mission done in a 2 hour movie.

Not "Tholian Web" or "Trouble With Tribbles" either. We've seen that. Let's see something new! Sure they can reference stories from the old series but I want a whole new story.

We essentially had that all set up with the first film but this one seemed to take just a tiny step back and it made for a predictable movie.

Don't get me wrong! We liked it!

But JJ Abrams needs to just let go & have fun with it!

That same advice should be heeded by Dungeonmasters everywhere!

Live Long & Prosper!

Dungeonmaster314

well it might happen yet, they've signed for a 3rd, at least thats what i heard the other day.

<----- Loser.

Yup. It's called "Star Wars Episode 7", remember?
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls

VAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADER!!!!!!
President of the OTTer Research Council on the Universe

VAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADER!!!!!!

nooooooooooooooo.com/

nice Star Wars Episode VII: The Wrath of Vader.

even though he's dead he will be written in and played by Simon Pegg.

<----- Loser.

Ok so I got to ask, does Spock die again?
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
Ok so I got to ask, does Spock die again?

I heard its.....SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS.

DO NOT READ THE REST OF THIS POST IF YOU DO NOT LIKE SPOILERS SPOILERS.

its kirk this time. at least thats what i heard         

<----- Loser.

But he cant die, not without knocking up whats her name so their kid can grow up and invent the Genesis thing. Theyre screwing the time line all up damnit!!!
they already screwed that all up it was when Eric Bana flew his massive ship into the past and started killing people. (in the 2009 Star Trek)

besides I also heard they bring him back to life with Khans blood or something. 

<----- Loser.

Gah! See, SEEE!!! That what I hate about those movies, and reboots/retcons in general, its like you know all those old shows and movies you loved? Well none of that ever happened now!!! 
Screw that! Im gonna go watch the one with the whales! 
You invited Hoodsie's wife & girlfriend over?
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
I thik they did a pretty good job with this movie. THey changed enough of the source material to make it believable that this is a different timeline. They kept enough of the original Khan that long time fans won't be upset. Well, maybe a little. Khan is played by a black actor in this movie, and for some reason that gets people upset.
I thik they did a pretty good job with this movie. THey changed enough of the source material to make it believable that this is a different timeline. They kept enough of the original Khan that long time fans won't be upset. Well, maybe a little. Khan is played by a black actor in this movie, and for some reason that gets people upset.

umm Benedict Cumberbatch isn't black.....

ThorvaldHafgrimsson wrote:
Life is full of choices. Sometimes you make the good ones, and sometimes you have to kill all the witnesses.
NastasiaLorn; wrote:
But then you have to pay the liability insurance.
A note about character and world creation
Show
Character and world creation are a form of expression. The point is that some people don't have much to say...
57949688 wrote:
Why doesnt anyone ever sig my qoutes!?
On the subject of who post in the Off-Topic Tavern:
57131438 wrote:
most of them are bored, immature adults.
Offical troller of the House of Trolls

He isn't Khan.

He isn't Khan.

what movie were you watching? O_o

Benedict Cumberbatch                    ...               
Khan from IMDB and Benedict Cumberbatch as Commander John Harrison, later revealed to be Khan, a genetically enhanced human who has spent the past 300 years in cryosleep.

Life is full of choices. Sometimes you make the good ones, and sometimes you have to kill all the witnesses.
NastasiaLorn; wrote:
Show
Character and world creation are a form of expression. The point is that some people don't have much to say...
57949688 wrote:
57131438 wrote:

He isn't Khan.

what movie were you watching? O_o

Benedict Cumberbatch                    ...               
Khan from IMDB and Benedict Cumberbatch as Commander John Harrison, later revealed to be Khan, a genetically enhanced human who has spent the past 300 years in cryosleep.

Great. You spoiled it for the people that didn't know. Isn't it customary to say *SPOILER ALERT* or give some type of warning before you ruin a movie for everyone? Why would you do that?
I'm just kidding you.

Because he's a miserable [CoC violation] who wants to ruin everyone else's fun.

In other words, a typical Internet user.
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
When she meets CJ's mom?
Because he's a miserable [CoC violation] who wants to ruin everyone else's fun. In other words, a typical Internet user.

so i DO fit in around here

NastasiaLorn; wrote:
Show
57949688 wrote:
57131438 wrote:
Is that considered an accomplishment around here?

don't you have ANOTHER alt to make or osmething?

NastasiaLorn; wrote:
Show
57949688 wrote:
57131438 wrote:
What's an Alt?
Alternate account, for when you get banned, all the kool kids have one.
I must say, I enjoyed the film.
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Resident Invisible Man Lurker in the House of Trolls A Testament to My Glory
I still haven't seen it. And probably won't until it's out on DVD.
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
When she meets CJ's mom?

Great. You spoiled it for the people that didn't know. Isn't it customary to say *SPOILER ALERT* or give some type of warning before you ruin a movie for everyone? Why would you do that?

*looks at thread title*

Uhm, this was spoiled with the very first post! 

don't you have ANOTHER alt to make or osmething?

Don't you have another forum to make yourself a nuisance in?

Don't you? 

NastasiaLorn; wrote:
Show
57949688 wrote:
57131438 wrote:
@ The_Silversword,

The title only tells you that Khan is in the movie, not who plays him. But it's good to see that this place has people who so easily accuse others of having alternate accounts without any reason. Go ahead, keep on attacking people for your entertainment, but don't be surprised when you get the same treatment.
@ The_Silversword,

The title only tells you that Khan is in the movie, not who plays him. But it's good to see that this place has people who so easily accuse others of having alternate accounts without any reason. Go ahead, keep on attacking people for your entertainment, but don't be surprised when you get the same treatment.

Uhm, was all that for me? I didnt attack anyone or accuse any one of using an alt, I was just pointing out that the Khan thing was already spoiled. Not sure what up with all the butt-hurt goin on around here latly.
@ The_Silversword,

That's just TS. He has a weird and rather sad vendetta against most of the people who frequent these parts of the forums. When these people (referred to as OTTers) are banned (not infrequently due to his efforts), they have a tendency to create alternate accounts. As you're new, he immediately assumed you to be an alt.
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Resident Invisible Man Lurker in the House of Trolls A Testament to My Glory
Y'all whining about spoilers.
Big deal. It's Star Trek.

I went into the thread hoping for an amusing news link.
Obamacare!
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
When she meets CJ's mom?
@ The_Silversword,

You seriously think the bigger spoiler was who played Khan?  Like, bigger than the fact that the baddy revealed in the trailers was actually Khan?  Like, yeah, bro.  That's what people will be upset about.  Totally. 

Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

Looks like some people can't recognize a joke.
That's because some people are stupid.
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
When she meets CJ's mom?

Im purty sure jokes are supposed to be, you know, funny.

Funny, it looks to me more like some people can't take being called on their behavior and then try to play it off as a joke to defuse the situation.  ;)
Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

TS, have we damaged you so much that you get angry with new members?

Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
Sign In to post comments