Next season of Encounters?

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Storm Over Neverwinter ends in three weeks, and I haven't seen any hype over the next season of Encounters. I know the current Lair Assault is also the last one, is the current Encounters also the last season?
Storm Over Neverwinter ends in three weeks, and I haven't seen any hype over the next season of Encounters. I know the current Lair Assault is also the last one, is the current Encounters also the last season?

I am fairly certain it is not the last one, or else they would have said so. I think they will keep doing encounters at least 1 more season, probably 2 until D&D Next comes out.

Then I think they will either change encounters a little bit or come up with something new to replace it. I doubt they will cancel it completely since it is a good way to promote the game.

MalakLightfoot, next seasons of D&D Encounters will be related to the Sundering adventure Murder's In Baldur's Gate as explained in the Gen Con D&D Events. Not much info yet was released yet.

Murder in Baldur’s Gate Launch Weekend: Something foul is afoot in Baldur’s Gate. An old evil stirs. On the eve of celebration, a brutal murder occurs. Will you answer the call for help? This scenario launches the new adventure Murder in Baldur’s Gate, and sends heroes catapulting into the events of the upcoming D&D Encounters seasons. The experience uses the D&D Next playtest rules, and participants receive the exclusive D&D Gen Con dice set if they haven’t yet received one. Optional pre-generated characters are available, or players can create their own characters prior to the start of the event at the character creation station in the D&D area (please allow at least 30 minutes). No prior D&D experience is necessary.

Just as long as 5th ed is not required until hasbro deigns to actually publish the books. Not interested in being a playtester unless i get paid For my time. It doesnt look like there will be a summer encounters. That's fine. perhaps its time to start a real weekly campaign.

MalakLightfoot, next seasons of D&D Encounters will be related to the Sundering adventure Murder's In Baldur's Gate as explained in the Gen Con D&D Events. Not much info yet was released yet.

Murder in Baldur’s Gate Launch Weekend: Something foul is afoot in Baldur’s Gate. An old evil stirs. On the eve of celebration, a brutal murder occurs. Will you answer the call for help? This scenario launches the new adventure Murder in Baldur’s Gate, and sends heroes catapulting into the events of the upcoming D&D Encounters seasons. The experience uses the D&D Next playtest rules, and participants receive the exclusive D&D Gen Con dice set if they haven’t yet received one. Optional pre-generated characters are available, or players can create their own characters prior to the start of the event at the character creation station in the D&D area (please allow at least 30 minutes). No prior D&D experience is necessary.

We've got one more Encounters season before the Sundering events start. Search for the Crystal Staff.

A little more info here: www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4...
Here's the solitication flyer for the next Encounters season.

Search for the Diamond Staff

@feetz_grande on Twitter

So Murder in Baldur's Gate will be a 5e playtest product?

And here I thought of pre-ordering it. Say bye-bye to my bucks for that one, WotC.
We've got one more Encounters season before the Sundering events start. Search for the Crystal Staff.

A little more info here: www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4...

Oh thanks for the info
So Murder in Baldur's Gate will be a 5e playtest product?

And here I thought of pre-ordering it. Say bye-bye to my bucks for that one, WotC.

In the article below it was confirmed that the Sundering adventures won't be D&D Next but platform agnostic (with add ons possibly):

New D&D Adventures

Sundering authors R.A. Salvatore and Ed Greenwood are also collaborating with D&D’s designers on new game content. They’re each providing the story and helping write a new playable adventure that will be released in 2013, allowing D&D players to be heroes of their own Sundering adventures.

Since the D&D game is in between editions, these new modules will strive to be “platform agnostic.” The idea, says Mearls, is that both books will focus on providing story, color and characters, so they that can used by players using any version of the game. Edition specific details –like statistics for monsters– will be available separately, perhaps as a free download."
Bet they won't release it in 3.5 format, though.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Can be used... using any edition of the game.

Reading is pro, peacock.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Try reading the whole thing, rooster. They said ALL versions. But when it comes time to release actual rules, they won't live up to it.

I know you're butthurt about the whole 5e thing, but you really don't have too take it out on me, brosef.
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
When she meets CJ's mom?
Yep, I'm negative through long experience with WotC's "customer service". You'll learn.
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
When she meets CJ's mom?
Yep, I'm negative through long experience with WotC's "customer service". You'll learn.

Agreed. WotC's "customer service" is a mockery.

I'm reading "4e", which is a definite relief.  I will get at least 1 more Encounters in before I have to think about Pathfinder.
     I'm reading "4e", which is a definite relief.  I will get at least 1 more Encounters in before I have to think about Pathfinder.

Yeah, I was pretty happy that its 4th based with a download for Next.  
I don't have the link but somewhere it was said all of the 2013 Encounter seasons would be 4e with Next conversions available.

@feetz_grande on Twitter

Please wotc!!  Add ons as a free download.....I am still waiting for the " free" extra map that will be avail on the D &  D website for the adventure of  The Slaying Stone......how many years does it take......
Please wotc!!  Add ons as a free download.....I am still waiting for the " free" extra map that will be avail on the D &  D website for the adventure of  The Slaying Stone......how many years does it take......

Many of us are still waiting for the Crown of Winter and the Ice Scepter from Cairn of the Winter King to be included as well.

Sign In to post comments