[M14-ICD] Megantic Sliver

48 posts / 0 new
Last post

Megantic Sliver |
Creature - Sliver (R)
Sliver creatures you control get +3/+3.
Even the thrums, the lowliest of slivers, become deadly in it's presence.
need to see a ramp sliver.
Megantic?
Megantic?

Mega-Gigantic.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

Naya slivers FTW? haha
Still showing all the Slivers in Naya colors, but Bonescythe Sliver (the mythic) sounds like it will be black... but I guess it could possibly be green?
Still showing all the Slivers in Naya colors, but Bonescythe Sliver (the mythic) sounds like it will be black... but I guess it could possibly be green?

Maybe red, double strike?
Megantic Sliver.  Mega+Gigantic Sliver.  Okay.  Granted, it is a good sliver, but boy that name is cheesy.
Come check out my friend's youtube channel where he gives bad movies what's coming to them!
You Make the Card
Best Contest Holder 2010 YMtC Idol 9 4th Place
Mafia History
Friendliest Player 2010 Werewolves Invade YMtC!: Town-aligned Rotworm Mass, Survived, Mafia Victory Heroes Mafia: Angela Petrelli, Town-Aligned Undercover Revengeful Mother, Win for Me, Mafia Victory Super Smash Bros. Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Survived, Town Victory Bear Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Lynched Day 1, Mafia Victory YMtC Mafia II: Henry-Stern, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Town Victory, Town MVP Time Fracture Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Nero, the Last Romulan, Lynched Day 3, Borg Victory Touhou Mafia III: Tenshi Hinani, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Mafia 2010: Lynched Day 1, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Dragonball Z Mafia: Goku, Town-Aligned Charismatic Townie, Mafia Victory Quarantined Mafia: Lynched Day 4, J. Walter Weatherman, Infected-Aligned Administrative Assistant, Mr. T (so basically mafia) Victory Glass Box Mafia: Killed Night 2, Icthys, Town-Aligned Networker, Town Victory Battle Royale Mafia: Killed Night 3, Zipperflesh and Dark Stryke Victory Scars of Mirrodin Mafia: Killed Night 3, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Mafia Victory Portal Mafia: Lynched Day 3, Test Subject #2, Mafia-Aligned Rolestopper, Town Victory (that was utter BS) Toxic Waste Mafia: Survived, Violet, Hive (Cult)-Aligned Powerless Taskmaster, Hive Victory PK Hatez You Mafia: Survived, Town-Aligned Goth, Mafia Victory Dreven City: A Wild West Mafia: Town-Aligned "Los Angeles" Reed, One-Shot Vig, Survived, Town Victory (just barely, major props to Just a Cleric) YMtC Mafia III: Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Vampire Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Pander, Mafia Victory Touhou Border Collapse: Bill Cosby, Town-Aligned, Killed Night 1, Mafia Victory Harry Potter Mafia: Argus Filch, Town-Aligned Tracker, Lynched Day 5, Mafia Victory [Basic #5] Bandit Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Borderlands Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory eBay Mafia: Mafia-Aligned, Survived, Mafia Victory Full Metal Alchemist Mafia: Alphonse Elric, Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory Sunflowers for Ragnarokio: Lynched Day 3, Town/Just a Cleric/Tevish Szat/Faux-Razor Victory True Blood Mafia: Lynched Day 4, Mafia Victory My Mafia Diary: Skyhunter, Mafia-Aligned Emo, Survived, Flawless Mafia Victory Paper Mario Mafia: Blue Goomba, Town-Aligned Lover, Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Small Town Mafia: Pigsticker Mafia-Aligned Coward, Killed Night 2, Caveman Mafia and Zipperflesh Victory Stuff on my Desk Mafia: Lotus Cobra, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Order of the Chaos Rose Mafia: Lord Dagol Ji'Lovik, Town-Aligned Hypnotist, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Camp Crystal Lake Mafia: Ongoing A Certain Magical Mafia: Killed Night 1, Town-Aligned The Siege of Balignor Mafia: Ongoing, Killed Day 4 Mafia of Ancient Egypt: Replaced in for Murica day 2, Ra, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Town Victory, Town MVP Lord of the Rings Mafia: Replaced in for Dr Demento, Town-Aligned Mason/One-Shot Self-Doc, Town Victory, Town MVP Internet Stars Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Mythos Mafia: Ongoing

Maybe red, double strike?

I could definitely see it
So is it hiding behind the treefolk?

i hope so!

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/20.jpg)

Wait for the Dungrove Elder to get out of the frame and we'll see.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

This is actually pretty good.  Really awesome art, too

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

Even the thrums, the lowliest of slivers, become deadly in its presence.

I'm calling BS. It's a common fact that slivers are communist hippies who reject the oppressive shackles of society in order to create a community of, like, love and acceptance and the occasional violent murder, maaaaan.

I'm calling BS. It's a common fact that slivers are communist hippies who reject the oppressive shackles of society in order to create a community of, like, love and acceptance, maaaaan.

sure they're all equal, but some are more equal than others.

someone was going to say it. 

I'm calling BS.

At the moment we're assuming that "Thrums" is just a term for babies or drones.

I through the thrums were the instrument slivers that other slivers used to jam out, which are still somewhat dangerous. Hence the word:

Threatening + Drums = Thrums. 

I through the thrums were the instrument slivers that other slivers used to jam out, which are still somewhat dangerous. Hence the word:

Threatening + Drums = Thrums. 

And here I thought they were just Slivers with Ripple.

1. It is weird we're not seeing any non-Naya slivers, makes me wonder what storyline it must have.

2. I always thought of slivers like insect communities that communicate telepathically (or some other means like chemically or physically through movements) so thrumms to me would be like nursery slivers. Of course this latest developement with humanoid figures throws it out of whack somewhat... only somewhat. 
I bet Brood Sliver makes Thrums.

At the worst, it's a 6/6 for 6cmc that's easily splashed. At the best, it pumps half of your Limited deck into an easy win.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
I feel like someone misspelled Magnetic during design and someone else thought Megantic would be a cool name for a pump sliver...

3DH4LIF3

IMAGE(http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7NTT9lPCyUo/TPfrNFN0yeI/AAAAAAAAASI/DQrrhlr0ppg/s1600/skyline-alien.jpg)

I thought it was Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger myself...

~ Tim 

I am Blue/White Reached DCI Rating 1800 on 28/10/11. :D
Sig
56287226 wrote:
190106923 wrote:
Not bad. But what happens flavor wise when one kamahl kills the other one?
Zis iz a sign uf deep psychological troma, buried in zer subconscious mind. By keelink himzelf, Kamahl iz physically expressink hiz feelinks uf self-disgust ova hiz desire for hiz muzzer. [/GermanPsychologistVoice]
56957928 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
That makes no sense to me. If they spelled the ability out on the card in full then it would not be allowed in a mono-black Commander deck, but because they used a keyword to save space it is allowed? ~ Tim
Yup, just like you can have Birds of paradise in a mono green deck but not Noble Hierarch. YAY COLOR IDENTITY
56287226 wrote:
56888618 wrote:
Is algebra really that difficult?
Survey says yes.
56883218 wrote:
57799958 wrote:
You want to make a milky drink. You squeeze a cow.
I love this description. Like the cows are sponges filled with milk. I can see it all Nick Parks claymation-style with the cow's eyes bugging out momentarily as a giant farmer squeezes it like a squeaky dog toy, and milk shoots out of it.
56287226 wrote:
56735468 wrote:
And no judge will ever give you a game loss for playing snow covered lands.
I now have a new goal in life. ;)
Thrummingbird  looks rather (old) sliver-like.  Someone make that work.   
Boy, this set looks... umm... fun?
So, even slivers at higher rarities only provide some pumping effects and boring keywords? I prefer the slivers they printed in "Time Spiral", because they create many exciting combos like vigilance + tapping effects or blinking effects + enters-play abilities..
So, even slivers at higher rarities only provide some pumping effects and boring keywords? I prefer the slivers they printed in "Time Spiral", because they create many exciting combos like vigilance + tapping effects or blinking effects + enters-play abilities..

Yeah but remember that these are for a Core-Set, and I believe that WotC aims these at beginners.  Some of those abilities/combos (while effective) are probably not what they want for new players.
tap abilities are basic
Good card but the art bothers me. Dont get me wrong it looks great but i think it would fit a Treefolk or Elemental better.
Yeah, but cards with simple tapping abilities like Quilled Sliver as uncommon wouldn't cause newbies to cry! :/
Yeah, but cards with simple tapping abilities like Quilled Sliver as uncommon wouldn't cause newbies to cry! :/

True; I guess I was thinking more about the sacrifice slivers and such as well.  I guess most of the Tap ones are pretty basic.
And they create a nice combo with the slivers that provide vigilance, now it's possible to replace the previous five-mana 3/3 sliver that granted vigilance with a two-mana 2/2 sliver..
And they create a nice combo with the slivers that provide vigilance, now it's possible to replace the previous five-mana 3/3 sliver that granted vigilance with a two-mana 2/2 sliver..

True enough; though I doubt I'll be mixing these slivers with my originals.  As much as I like the new art/flavor/machanic (and I really do) it would just feel weird mixing them with the slivers of old.
Ouch is all I can bring myself to say.
I still feel like either the art change or the mechanical change alone would have ok, but both together just feels like dumbing down. I can at least hope that any slivers in future expert expansions will be more "traditional" (yes, I get the irony in using the description of "traditional" for a fantasy creature. The problem is there was already such an established variety of looks that still fit within a certain parameter that I can't see any other reason for this change than pandering. )

And the name looks like one of those made up Yu Gi Oh adjectives. 

Proud member of C.A.R.D. - Campaign Against Rare Duals "...but the time has come when lands just need to be better. Creatures have gotten stronger, spells have always been insane, and lands just sat in this awkward place of necessity." Jacob Van Lunen on the refuge duals, 16 Sep 2009. "While it made thematic sense to separate enemy and allied color fixing in the past, we have come around to the definite conclusion that it is just plain incorrect from a game-play perspective. This is one of these situations where game play should just trump flavor." - Sam Stoddard on ending the separation of allied/enemy dual lands. 05 July 2013
Slivers have a societal structure now? (Besides Queen & Underlings....) o.0

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
I feel like these new slivers will all be sorta basic, but do they really need to be creative when they will be such world beaters? I feel like Bonescythe Sliver will be something like this...

Bonescythe Sliver |
Creature - Sliver (M)
Slivers you control have double strike.
4/2
I feel like these new slivers will all be sorta basic, but do they really need to be creative when they will be such world beaters? I feel like Bonescythe Sliver will be something like this...

Bonescythe Sliver |
Creature - Sliver (M)
Slivers you control have double strike.
4/2

All slivers have square stats:  1/1,  2/2,  3/3, etc.