An audience with the Hegemon

10 posts / 0 new
Last post

You might have noticed I've been a little more active lately, posting exquisite lists of cards, hoping to help other people out there.Now it's my turn to ask for help!I'll post my 3 EDH decks I currently have, and I want to make them good. I build decks for fun, but I like to win, you know? That being said, I'll start with my beloved Sharuum the Hegemon deck. I built it from scratch, and I want to make it as powerful as possible. Every suggestion is welcome!

Commander: Sharuum the Hegemon

Lands:

3 Swamps

3 Islands

4 Plains

Darksteel Citadel

Vault of Whispers

Caves of Koilos

Evolving Wilds

Command Tower

Phyrexian Tower

Orzhov Basilica

Phyrexia's Core

Watery Grave

Dimir Aqueduct

Dreadship Reef

Ancient Den

Arcane Sanctum

Buried Ruin

Seat of the Synod

Reflecting Pool

Rogue's Passage

Thespian's Stage

Vivid Swamp

Sejiri Refuge

Temple of the False God

Exotic Orchard

Strip Mine

Planeswalkers:

Tezzeret the Seeker

Tezzeret, Agent of Nicol Bolas

Enchantments:

Necropotence

Phyrexian Arena

Artificer's intuition

Instants and Sorceries:

Remodel

Thirst for Knowledge

Roar of Reclamation

Demonic Collusion

Condemn

Day of Judgement

Sphinx's Revelation

Spin into Myth

Fabricate

Mortify

Fact of Fiction

Creatures:

Arcum Dagsson

Trinket Mage

Treasure Mage

Mistmeadow Witch

Alriok Salvagers

Archon of the Triumvirate

Artifact Creatures:

Memnarch

Sanctum Gargoyle

Inkwell Leviathan

Filigree Angel

Sharding Sphinx

Magister Sphinx

Steelwind Sphinx

Dross Scorpion

Glassdust Hulk

Triskelion

Filigree Sages

Wurmcoil Engine

Pilgrim's Eye

Sphinx Summoner

Phyrexian Metamorph

Myr Retriever

Artifacts:

Executor's Capsule

Sensei's Divining Top

Ichor Wellspring

Ether Spellbomb

Argentum Armor

Darksteel Forge

Everflowing Chalice

Basalt Monolith

Mox Opal

Mirrorworks

Scourglass

Nihil Spellbomb

Armillary Sphere

Sculpting Steel

Spine of Ish Sah

Oblivion Stone

Sol Ring

Voltaic Key

Mana Vault

Dispeller's Capsule

Rings of Brighthearth

Brittle Effigy

Darksteel Lingot

Soul Cauldron

Mimic Vat

Crystal Fragment

Doubling Cube

my two cents:
baleful strix <- cantrips, trades with anything good
parasitic strix <- a four point life swing in ur favor
master transmuter <- just plain stupid with lightning greaves (which i dont see on ur list, its a staple for a reason holmes)
ethersworn adjudicator  <- pet card, machine gun  on a 4/4 flying body
ethersworn cannonist <- combo hoser
grand architect <- ramp'r
unwinding clock <- basically a seedborn muse seems legit
shimmer myr, leyline of anticipation vedalken orrery: "herp, derp i'll crack for a bunch with my lil dudes... hey wait where'd that angel come from, and how'd did u gain all that life?" - befuddled hillbilly noob advesary
venser, the sojourner <- i hear that blinking is good some times yo
cranial plating <- cuz sometimes u just need to bash for a whole bunch, to feel good about yourself
Oh, damn. How could have I forgotten about Greaves? I'll take one out of my other EDH decks and use it.
Also, I have no idea how I completely forgot about the Orrery and the Myr, I have them in foil versions!

Do you have any idea of what I should take out of the deck?
er... am I missing the mycosynth lattice in the decklist?  That with vedalken orrery and unwinding clock is not a bad combo.  Also great with kill switch
also not sure how you are playing remodel?  and vindicate is better than mortify
Also think about:
master transmuterjunk diver, hanna, ship's navigator, deadeye navigator
I'm a fan of Expedition Map and Academy Ruins for recurring landfetch in my Sharuum list.

I considered the Magister Sphinx as well but decided I didn't need to be quite that variety of mean, so instead the Summoner Sphinx and Master Tansmuter have become friends, fetching new creatures and putting other necessary artifacts onto the field. Its even better if you're trading the Sphinx for the Spine of Ish Sah, cause that's my variety of mean. 
You want to make it as powerful as possible, alright. Start with a better mana base is my idea.

One of each original dual land
Each shock land
At least the 3 fetch lands of the 3 colored deck polluted delta etc.
All 3 shadowmoor block filters
urborg, tomb of yawgmoth
academy ruins
volrath's stronghold
maze of ith
kor haven
reflecting pool
thespian stage
tolaria west
cabal coffers maybe
thawing glaciers filter, but maybe

As for none lands.

demonic tutor
vampiric tutor
replenish or open the vaults
One of either kozilek or ulamog for anti mill for meta or sustainability.
The sword of the meek thopter foundry combo.
solemn simulacrum
jounyer's kite is ok.

That is all for now--tired. Typing from my phone.
Forgot the:

enlightened tutor 
mystic tutor 
hallowed burial
terminus

Bad ideas there, mate. I can't make the cards come back from the bottom oof the library, only from the graveyard. Mystic Tutor is somewhat lackluster, since I don't use many sorceries or instants. And I got an Enlightened Tutor 2 days ago, and I'm already using it.
You want to make it as powerful as possible, alright. Start with a better mana base is my idea. One of each original dual land Each shock land At least the 3 fetch lands of the 3 colored deck polluted delta etc. All 3 shadowmoor block filters urborg, tomb of yawgmoth academy ruins volrath's stronghold maze of ith kor haven reflecting pool thespian stage tolaria west cabal coffers maybe thawing glaciers filter, but maybe As for none lands. demonic tutor vampiric tutor replenish or open the vaults One of either kozilek or ulamog for anti mill for meta or sustainability. The sword of the meek thopter foundry combo. solemn simulacrum jounyer's kite is ok. That is all for now--tired. Typing from my phone.

I think there's a difference between "wanting to win" and "going bankrupt". As much as I'd like to have all those nice old cards, I simply can't afford them.Now, about the lands:
I'm already using Thespian Stage and Reflecting Pool.
Urborg, Ruins, Stronghold are on the way.
I'm trying to get the shocklands I don't have.
Maze of Ith is too expensive atm, Coffers and Glaciers aren't really useful in this deck.
About the cards:
The "cheap" Demonic Tutor is out of stock, so no tutor for me now.
Vampiric is too expensive for now.
Replenish does nothing, and Roar is better than Open the Vaults.
Kozilek and Ulamog are way too silly, and no one ever plays mill here.
I might add the combo.
And what would I take out for the Simulacrum and the Kite?

I'm a fan of Expedition Map and Academy Ruins for recurring landfetch in my Sharuum list.

I had completenly forgot about the existence of Expedition Map until I read your post. It'll be a nice addition to the deck.

er... am I missing the mycosynth lattice in the decklist?  That with vedalken orrery and unwinding clock is not a bad combo.  Also great with kill switch
also not sure how you are playing remodel?  and vindicate is better than mortify
Also think about:
master transmuterjunk diver, hanna, ship's navigator, deadeye navigator

Using the Lattice only makes sense if I'm using something to give my cards flash, which I now am. Kill Switch shuts my deck down completely. Remodel is pretty good, but I think I'mm change it for another tutor, and I haven't bought a Vindicate due to its price.
kill switch untaps durring your turn.  With the lattice, it basically makes only your permanents untappable.  Granted, you couldn't play stuff during someone elses turn, unless you played the unwinding clock.  And you can't even use remodel in this deck...it's not in your general's colors.  did you mean reshape?
kill switch untaps durring your turn.  With the lattice, it basically makes only your permanents untappable.  Granted, you couldn't play stuff during someone elses turn, unless you played the unwinding clock.  And you can't even use remodel in this deck...it's not in your general's colors.  did you mean reshape?

Oh, I see what you mean now. And it's obvious that I meant Reshape, you're the one who mentioned Remodel in the first place. It's a good card, but I think I'll drop it when I buy a Demonic Tutor or something like that.
Sign In to post comments