Eye on Dark Sun, done?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
I just got the DDi subscription and was wondering if Eye on Dark Sun is no longer being written. The last one was last year I believe. So are there any new Dark Sun articles?
Ant Farm
Last Eye on Dark Sun article was published in December 2012 with Dragon 418.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Thats what I thought. Cry
Ant Farm
The last one was 5 issues ago, and I've noticed that they tend to release them in patches - so it may be the last one, or it may be that they have 3 lined up to release from August to October back-to-back.

I have to say I enjoyed them myself -I believe I've stolen 4 directly, and used a few as inspiration or to as plot hooks that the players didn't bite with.
It does feel like they have stopped. Though I want more, I'm grateful we did get so many pieces.

I was hopeful to have a Dark Sun article in Dragon, but it fell through. Writing is hard, and what I produced just didn't make the final cut. Sorry, guys!

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

Enormous bullshit, as a main reason I subscribe to DDI has been the Dark Sun adventures and articles. In a couple months I'll have to decide whether to renew or not.
Enormous bullshit, as a main reason I subscribe to DDI has been the Dark Sun adventures and articles. In a couple months I'll have to decide whether to renew or not.

I feel the same way except I have to decide this month.

@feetz_grande on Twitter

I won't be renewing. I am in a Living Forgotten Realms game right now which means my character is on DDi Character builder, but I think I'll port him back to paper. Without Dark Sun articles coming out I'll try and search for homebrews or advice on forums.

If Dark Sun is released for Next, down the road, I will probably renew my subscription. Until then I might just start designing my own homebrews for Next to convert it to Dark Sun.
Ant Farm
I feel the same way. About ready to cancel my subscription without any content being posted.
Canceled my account with DDI and wrote them a long letter explaining why. All they would have needed to do was an occasional Dark Sun article or adventure and I would have kept my account. Now my whole group is dropping as well.