Korozda Guildmage + Bloodhall Ooze

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Korozda Guildmage puts two +1/+1 counters on Bloodhall Ooze during your upkeep and then allows you to produce very large numbers of creature tokens when you don't really need a very large creature without any combat-related abilities.. Slumbering Dragon seems like another interesting creature that you can sacrifice once it's a 5/5 or 6/6 or 7/7 creature and your opponent doesn't attack you anymore, and Korozda Gorgon can slow down the game and make good use of the many +1/+1 counters.. Do you have ideas on where to go from there? ô.Ô
I like the guildy + ooze combo, but my favorite korozda guildmage friend is Tree of Redemption. You can win by attacking your opponent with all the saprolings. Maybe you'd even play Thelonite Hermit.
I prefer creatures where growing them requires plenty of work, because that provides more deck-building options like interactions with +1/+1 counters! ^-^ There are so many other creatures that are lords for saprolings, it's unfortunate that we don't have cards which transform spore counters into +1/+1 counters..

Ideas List, Volume 1:

Victimize tokens to return Ooze, etc to play. Alternatively, Vigor Mortis
Forgotten Ancient could help build up counters on the dragon, etc.
Protean Hydra ...There are probably loads of hydras that could work, actually.
Thromok the Insatiable, with some black recurring going on could be amusing, but possibly unwieldy.
Flesh // Blood
In a none-mana-intensive deck, Countryside Crusher could be some sweet deck-thinning.
Corpsejack Menace
Champion of Lambholt
Desecration Demon

Corpsejack Menace seems like a good choice, the synergy with the four cards that we started with seems nice! ^-^ But unfortunately, talking about your other suggested cards doesn't really make sense before we decide on the subthemes and how they're expanded.. Right now, I'm looking for cards that have great synergy with the four cards that we started with and that won't depend on some other cards! :/
Yeah, I was just going through Gatherer and listing anything that looked as though it could be useful. I'll do some more at some point.
Modular?
Corpsejack+ doubling season for lulz
Bramblewood Paragon, Oona's Blackguard, Rage Forger, Fate Transfer, Thelonite Hermit, Deathspore Thallid, Psychotrope Thallid

I'm sure there are others.  Maybe use some Persist guys too since your Korozda Guildmage can make take away their -1 counters at instant speed.  Murderous Redcap maybe?  Can't think of any others

nvm, jsut re-read the guildmage, persist won't work
I'm afraid that growing Bloodhall Ooze becomes too difficult with colorless "modular" creatures, that's why I would prefer cards like Death's Presence together with black-green creatures.. Doubling Season might be interesting with "devour" creatures, because if you sacrifice a creature with "devour 2" that devoured saproling tokens, you'll receive eight times as many saproling tokens than you started with.. El_Pared, aren't your cards much better in most other decks? ô.Ô It would be great if they printed cards that can transform spore conters into +1/+1 counters, but otherwise the connection isn't close enough for me..
Half of the deck is aimed at saprolings and the other half is aimed at +1 counters.  I was just listing cards that are good with one or the other