8 Charisma Warlord

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
If there's a Warlord with an 8 (or lower) Charisma and they use Stand the Fallen, Inspiring Reaction, Stand Tough, or anything similar that lets the ally heal some number + Charisma modifier, do we actually apply the negative modifier to that and so the ally will be healing for less than their regular healing surge value?
Yes, unless the power says something like (Minimum 1).

Just avoid those powers or use them in conjunction with items which boost healing, which could offset the negative CHA modifier somewhat. 
Thanks. Wasn't certain how that worked out here, hadn't done much 4e before.
No, you never damage or hinder someone someone due to a negative modifier.
Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
It's irelevent now because said Warlord decided to put the 8 into another stat just to be safe, but which is it?
Would Stand the Fallen go off at Surge or at Surge-1 ?
Unless there's a minimum stated, there isn't a minimum stated.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
Surge -1 for the warlord with 8 CHA.
"Non nobis Domine Sed nomini tuo da gloriam" "I wish for death not because I want to die, but because I seek the war eternal"

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

You can't have "additional" of a negative number.
Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
Yes you can.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition

3+(-1)=2.

You're thinking of the Bonus rules, which have a little note saying if your modifier for a bonus isn't positive you don't take a penalty to it instead.
Spiteful Wizard and Voice of Reason of the House of Trolls The Silent God of the House of Trolls Unfrozen OTTer Arbiter of the House of Trolls Yes, I have many titles. Deal with it.

You're thinking of the Bonus rules, which have a little note saying if your modifier for a bonus isn't positive you don't take a penalty to it instead.

Right.
A Bonus must be positive.
A Penalty must be negative.
A Modifier can be either.

Ah, that's it, thanks.