Is ongoing damge an effect or condition?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
I have a miracle worker power called reap what you sow, my dm is telling me that I cannot use that to transfer ongoing damage to an enemy because ongoing damage is a condition and not an effect. I would just like to get some clarification, any reference to rules would certainly help make the case. Thank you for the time.
what's a miracle worker power ?  Could you type out the exact wording on the power you want help with, it would help.  Also the source of the power (did you get it via a theme, a class, a paragon path, etc ?) 
"Non nobis Domine Sed nomini tuo da gloriam" "I wish for death not because I want to die, but because I seek the war eternal"

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/19.jpg)

Miracle Worker is a PP, the powers are:

Miraculous Grace: "...target makes a saving throw against each effect on him or her that a save can end."

and

Reap What You Sow: "Transfer all effects that a save can end from each ally within the burst to the target."

Your DM's distinction makes no sense at all; conditions are effects. He's creating a difference where there is none.

Edit: To clarify, look at RC pgs. 224 and 227-228 on Ongoing Damage and Saving Throws, respectively.
While Ongoing damage is not a condition, its generally an effect than a save can end and thus can be transferred by Reap What You Sow. Note however that if the enemy was being transferred multiple instance of Ongoing damage of the same type at the same time (including no type), only the highest number applies.

The only instance where it wouldn't be transferrable is if it was Ongoing damage lasting while another state or condition persisit rather than (save end), like when taking Ongoing damage while being grabbed by a Gelaltinous Cube's Engulf power for exemple.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

While Ongoing damage is not a condition, its generally an effect than a save can end and thus can be transferred by Reap What You Sow. Note however that if the enemy was being transferred multiple instance of Ongoing damage of the same type at the same time (including no type), only the highest number applies.

The only instance where it wouldn't be transferrable is if it was Ongoing damage lasting while another state or condition persisit rather than (save end), like when taking Ongoing damage while being grabbed by a Gelaltinous Cube's Engulf power for exemple.

Or a Revenant ally being dazed instead of unconscious.