Journals.

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello!

So my DM decided that we the players should start keeping journal entries  to more or less recap on what had happened.

thing is i am extremely unsure on how to go about it, as i myself have never written in a journal,  and most of the info i found on the net  was detrimental  for this context, to say the least

That is why I am here to seek advice from people who perhaps knows more on this than I

Hello!

So my DM decided that we the players should start keeping journal entries  to more or less recap on what had happened.

thing is i am extremely unsure on how to go about it, as i myself have never written in a journal,  and most of the info i found on the net  was detrimental  for this context, to say the least

That is why I am here to seek advice from people who perhaps knows more on this than I

I'd say first thing for advise onto the style of journal you'd keep would be knowing what type of character you are playing as?

Some info as to personality, how they view the rest of the group, the world, their current quest etc all help to build it up, along with backstory.

For example, currently I'm playing a Half Orc Barbarian, who has grouped up with other adventurers in order to track down slavers who raided his people.

A journal I'd keep for this character would most likely be brief, to the point about his overarching goal, mentioning key facts that were relevant to him personally, with very little about the rest of the group. At least initially.

As character development occurs, he may start to include things, such as if he got into danger, or is knocked unconcious, and one of the other party save him, to help slowly draw him out.

Again, just my personal spin on how I'd approach it, but more context would definitely help
Sign In to post comments