Mistake? or just lack of caring? magazine 423

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
So dragon magazine 423 "
Download complete issue here

" appears i click on it and get - "The page cannot be found" , with all the drama with the 4e character builder updates and question are they really that preoccupied with DND next that they cant even get a link correct or release a item to download thats not even ready yet?
Its a mix of apathy and ignorance. Its why I dont give them monthly money anymore.
Dragon 423 is not released yet thats why. The link button appear to have been removed but it may come out tomorrow though.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Dragon 423 is not released yet thats why. The link button appear to have been removed but it may come out tomorrow though.

Its not been removed and its not released yet, please stop defending a company that not only gives a flying *** about their customers but also cant even do a simple task.

Its not been removed and its not released yet, please stop defending a company that not only gives a flying *** about their customers but also cant even do a simple task.

I am looking at Dragon Issue 423 page and it doesn't have the Download complete issue here   you referred to at the top right corner like all released issues have and it hasn't been advertised has being released neither, that's why i thought it had been removed and said it hasn't been released yet. Can you provide the link to the page you are viewing this button?

[sblock]

Yan
Montréal, Canada

I am looking at Dragon Issue 423 page and it doesn't have the Download complete issue here   you referred to at the top right corner like all released issues have and it hasn't been advertised has being released neither, that's why i thought it had been removed and said it hasn't been released yet. Can you provide the link to the page you are viewing this button?

[sblock]

see above image.
see above image.

I've seen and clicked it. It leads to your profile. Can you give me the link to the page from which you copied this tag? If its still there i will report it to the DDi staff. If it was copied from Dragon Issue 423 page then it had been put up by mistake and was already removed like i originally told you.

Yan
Montréal, Canada

Going to the board, the "download" has been removed, and "middle of the month" has been added in.
The thing that puzzles me is why you'd even want to read it. For the Rare Underdark Poisons? The Ecology of the Gargoyle?? Greenwoods monthly public jerking session?! Puh-leaze, there's nothing in the mag that's worth the time you'd spent reading it.
The thing that puzzles me is why you'd even want to read it. For the Rare Underdark Poisons? The Ecology of the Gargoyle?? Greenwoods monthly public jerking session?! Puh-leaze, there's nothing in the mag that's worth the time you'd spent reading it.

As a sign of my optimism, one of the things I look forward to reading when Dragin is published is the "Next Month" section. Hope springs eternal that something really interesting will appear. I was very excited to come off of the Fey themes (meh) to find Draconians would be coming the next month.

Here's looking forward to "Coming in June" at the end of the May issue.

Heh, think I'll wait, buy next month's Dragon, and pick up this month's as a 'freebie' ;).

/\ Art
The link was there -- I reported it when it appeared and a day later still had a bad link, as you can see in the technical issues thread.

Even if you don't believe me -- the download link is back, and dead once again, as of slightly past midnight EDT on Thursday, May 14.  

I think they have set up code that provides the link automatically on a given date without making sure that there is something to link to by that date.  This has happened before.

I saw it was back too. I advised the DDi team.

Yan
Montréal, Canada

As a sign of my optimism, one of the things I look forward to reading when Dragin is published is the "Next Month" section. Hope springs eternal that something really interesting will appear. I was very excited to come off of the Fey themes (meh) to find Draconians would be coming the next month.

Here's looking forward to "Coming in June" at the end of the May issue.

Know what is the saddest thing?

I too look forward for the "Coming in month" at the end of every issue ^^.

There's always hope for something better in the future, right?

But to be honest, the past few magazines were very interesting to me... This month's... Not so much. Last month was a bit dry too, but who knows about June?

Are you threatening me master jedi? Dungeons & Dragons 4e Classic - The Dark Edition
I got in touch with Steve Winter on Twitter about D423 and it should roll out tomorrow;

@Plaguescarred Hey Steve any ETA on Dragon 423? Page keep saying "Download complete issue here" but link lead to bad URL
@StvWinter I believe it's on track for Friday. Possible will shift to Friday deployments as default. Web team prefers, for traffic.

Yan
Montréal, Canada

I got in touch with Steve Winter on Twitter about D423 and it should roll out tomorrow;

@Plaguescarred Hey Steve any ETA on Dragon 423? Page keep saying "Download complete issue here" but link lead to bad URL
@StvWinter I believe it's on track for Friday. Possible will shift to Friday deployments as default. Web team prefers, for traffic.

Ok so it's friday now, and the dragon art gallery is out before the actual magazine is fixed. This is ridiculous. Shouldn't fixing the article be a bigger priority than teaser pictures of what is in there? I would think so.
Yeah something's wrong with their deployment i don't think i ever seen the art gallery coming out before the actual issue!?  Hopefully the issue will be released later today.

Yan
Montréal, Canada

They finally did get the magazine up, with two valid links to it (one under Tools/Dragon and one as a news item).  I have seen them put up the link prematurely before, but never before did they do it twice and then have the Art Gallery up before the magazine.  

Now all they need to do to avoid losing me as a customer is update the Character Builder before my annual subscription comes up for renewal....

Yeah something's wrong with their deployment i don't think i ever seen the art gallery coming out before the actual issue!?  Hopefully the issue will be released later today.

Back before it was 'compilation only' the art gallery would come out before a number of articles.

Having just read he thing, I have to agree.  Wizards has really dropped the ball on the contents of Dragon in the past 6 months, which had much worst content vs the 6 months before that.  The mag's just keep getting smaller and keep having less meaningful content to them.  The only thing my DDI sub is worth is the bugger builder(which is worst then the off line one that was buggy as hell also) and the rules compendium.  Highly doubtful I will resub again next time it's up or that I would sub at all when they lunch DnD next.
if it cheers anybody up they're doing it again with dungeon 214

my subscription expires in a little over a week and their continual service issues don't have me scrambling for the checkbook