WOTC: please, Please, PLEASE re-release DnD Minis! (or an alternative listed)

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dear Wizards of the Coast:

As a consumer who would be willing to spend quite a bit of money, please consider re-releasing the DnD minis line. I've read (or maybe it was that I listned in a prior Podcast) the rational behind scaling back and then cancelling this product, but please consider my request.

How to re-release could take different forms, though what I'd like to see is restarting the prior model of making a miniatures game and re-release all the prior minis (presumably updated if an updated rules is created for the minis game). The goal of such to (1) re-introduce the mini tactical game and (2) provide fodder for DM's who like tons of minis to use in game!

Alternatively, consider the following (which would do essentially the same thing):

1. Greatly scaling up the Dungeon Command line. First of all, the initial sets are now becoming harder to find and so the price is going up; keeping these in production would help to keep prices down for DM's wanting the minis for use in game. Second of all, consider further expansions (i.e. of other species such as Kobolds, Elves, Dwarves, etc.) or expansions of released sets (i.e. a Tyrrany of Goblins 2, Curse of Undeath 2)

2. Re-releasing, expanding, etc. the Icons lines similar to #1 above

3. Release more board games (like Castle Ravenloft, Wrath of Ashardalon, Legend of Drizzt), and PAINT THE MINIS! Obviously these can be painted by the user but for those who can't paint worth a darn, it isn't helpful.

Anyway, I know this is rambly, but it's hard to get affordable painted minis in sufficient quantities in my opinion. So please consider

One last request, release familiars! (as part of any of the above options) My little girls want small dogs, cats, rats, pseudodragons, toads, etc. for pets!
I personally would also like to see a line of premium metal minis for painting.

Also, I would absolutely LOVE to see WotC work out the details with Iron Wind (the successor to Ral Partha) to re-release the Partha AD&D line. Those were classics! 

Just roll some dice.

RADIO FREE BORDERLANDS:

Explore the new D&D podcast that is a celebration of all eras of the game! Discussing the loves, challenges, topics, ideas, and news of this great hobby in both a contemporary and historical view.

http://radiofreeborderlands.libsyn.com/

It takes a year to do a gets a set of minis in stores. They likely didn't want to double-down with Dungeon Command until they knew if sales would be good or bad. So they likely planned the slow release of the first six sets knowing they could rush more into production if it was a huge success or hold to see if the game took off after multiple sets were released. 

If more Dungeon Command is coming we'll know in three or four months. If not, sales were likely slow.

5 Minute WorkdayMy Webcomic Updated Tue & Thur

The compilation of my Worldbuilding blog series is now available: 

Jester David's How-To Guide to Fantasy Worldbuilding.

I'd like to see some packs of non-randomised minis, especially large monsters such as giants and owlbears.
please consider re-releasing the DnD minis line.

What would you like to buy that you cannot currently?

I'd like to see some packs of non-randomised minis

There are plenty of unrandomized D&D minis available online (at prices that are still reasonable thanks to their initial randomization).

Note that randomization actually benefits average gamers, since it allows wealthy collector-types to finance our hobby (thus effectively lowering the prices overall, but especially for non-rares). And ultimately, we can always get non-random minis.
I'd like to see some packs of non-randomised minis

There are plenty of unrandomized D&D minis available online (at prices that are still reasonable thanks to their initial randomization).

True for regular sized common ones, but the less common ones are quite expensive, though, especially large creatures.

True for regular sized common ones, but the less common ones are quite expensive, though, especially large creatures.

Can you provide an example of something you are looking for (and what do you feel is a reasonable price for it)?

Can you provide an example of something you are looking for (and what do you feel is a reasonable price for it)?

Well, for example, a Hill Giant (e.g. 49/60 war drums) or a Stone Giant (e.g. 8/60 Angelfire) cost over £8 having a look around on UK sites. A Wyvern is over £10, as is an Owlbear. I'm seeing Ogres for over £12.

These are bread-and-butter D&D creatures. I'd expect to pay £3-4 for something like that, considering an encounter is probably going to include more than one of them.

From what I understand, the prices used to be cheaper, but since they have gone out of production the cost has risen quite a lot.
I'd like to see a best of boxed series based on types like goblins etc of about 6-10 minis of the commons with blistered for the more rare creatures, not based on ddm rarity levels but useability in a game.