Commanding Tutor: Another EDH Card

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Commanding Tutor {cmd}{cmd}
Sorcery
({cmd} can be paid with any color of mana in your commander's identity. Spend only colored mana this way.  This card counts as each of the colors in your commander's identity)
As an additional cost to cast Commanding Tutor, tap your commander.
Kicker {cmd}{cmd}{cmd}{cmd}
Search your library for up to three legendary creature cards, reveal it, and put them into your hand. Then shuffle your library.  If Commanding Tutor was kicked, put one of those creature cards onto the battlefield

Consider Tooth and Nail, Green Sun's Zenith, Defense of the Heart, and Time of Need.  See also my prev. post about Gods and Generals.
bump?
Consider Tooth and Nail, Green Sun's Zenith, Defense of the Heart, and Time of Need.

Consider how they're all green.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Commander-only cards are narrow by nature, ut this is narrow on top of that. I know I often only have 1 legendary in EDH my decks, so this would whiff most of the time.
Consider Tooth and Nail, Green Sun's Zenith, Defense of the Heart, and Time of Need.

Green in no way has a monopoly on tutoring.  Commander's all about Tutoring, and this would work in any deck with 4+ legends

Green in no way has a monopoly on tutoring.  Commander's all about Tutoring, and this would work in any deck with 4+ legends

Yeah, black gets it from time to time, and some niche white ones.

Red certainly doesn't though.

Yxoque wrote:

It still shouldn't be doable in red/white decks.
for all intents and purposes, this costs , with a kicker of .

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

Really bad. A tutor for legends for commander, sounds useful if your commander gets tucked, so lets make sure to hack that part right off.

Level 1 Judge

I dunno, a Concentrate for three really good cards seems almost too powerful for every color to have.

More importantly, I think this card is too cluttered. I popped it into MSE and it ends up having eleven lines of text.
for all intents and purposes, this costs , with a kicker of .

4 and tap your general.  And you can't use Sol Ring to generate that mana.
I think this card is too cluttered. I popped it into MSE and it ends up having eleven lines of text.

So?  Half of that is reminder for how Kicker and {cmd} work.  You remove that and it's a lot less cluttered.
I'd get rid of Kicker entirely. Make it cost and say, you can only spend mana of your commanders color to cast this. (But worded properly mind you). After that, I'd be fine if it found any card in your deck. Or maybe two cards, and you reveal them. Put them into your hand.

I think the concept is an interesting one, I think it needs more work.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
I'm of the opinion that if MTG is going to print new cards in Commander packs, they should print cards especially for Commander.  Not cards like the Vows that could just have easily been printed in a core set 
I'm of the opinion that if MTG is going to print new cards in Commander packs, they should print cards especially for Commander.

Why? Do you gain anything by restricting it from other formats?

Yxoque wrote:

I'm of the opinion that if MTG is going to print new cards in Commander packs, they should print cards especially for Commander.

Why? Do you gain anything by restricting it from other formats?

Commander printings are more expensive per card and are in less circulation.  If you want something to be available in all formats, print it in a more common release, such as an expansion or core set.  

And now that you bring it up, there DO need to be better tutors in M14.