Paladin Question

Aura of Protection grants a bonus to saving throws as a reaction?  Sooo someone within 10 feet gains a bonus on every trap saving throw ever?

Vampire Class/Feat in 2013!

I prefer Next because 4E players and CharOpers can't find their ass without a grid and a power called "Find Ass."

So long as he's within 10ft and you have a reaction to burn, yes. You can help keep the rogue from blowing up if he sets off the trap he's disarming.
With the drawback that you always have to be within 10ft of the Rogue. So when the Rogue is making a save against a trap with a bonus granted by you, chances are you're making the same save... without the bonus. I think that fits the Paladin's style pretty well, actually (the good-guy type Paladin, anyway).
The Paladin already have their own saving throw bonus before developing the aura, so likely making charisma saves.

The Rogue otoh is making a dex save with the Paladin's charisma bonus on top. Pretty good, but bear in mind the Paladin can lend this grace to only one person.
This sets up such a great character dynamic between the faithless Rogue scoffing at the Paladin's rightousness, but unable to deny his feeling that something is protecting him under the Paladin's blessing.
This sets up such a great character dynamic between the faithless Rogue scoffing at the Paladin's rightousness, but unable to deny his feeling that something is protecting him under the Paladin's blessing.

I like this!

Before posting, why not ask yourself, What Would Wrecan Say?

IMAGE(http://images.onesite.com/community.wizards.com/user/marandahir/thumb/9ac5d970f3a59330212c73baffe4c556.png?v=90000)

A great man once said "If WotC put out boxes full of free money there'd still be people complaining about how it's folded." – Boraxe

If the Paladin choose to react on the rogues behalf. Just saying..
If the Paladin choose to react on the rogues behalf. Just saying..

It is the duty of the strong to oppose any who threaten the weak.

IMAGE(http://images.onesite.com/community.wizards.com/user/marandahir/thumb/9ac5d970f3a59330212c73baffe4c556.png?v=90000)

A great man once said "If WotC put out boxes full of free money there'd still be people complaining about how it's folded." – Boraxe

Not anymore bud, unaligned & evil Paladins abound.
Only if you're not a Cavalier.  At which point you're not playing that character type, and you're probably playing Paladin for a different reason than to be a Shining Paragon of Light and Goodness. 

and you're probably playing Paladin for a different reason than to be a Shining Paragon of Light and Goodness. 

What, like a cool horse and some minor heally stuff? Intentionally switching to Blaggard at 11?

Well if I was playing a Blaggard, the first thing I'd do is present myself as an upright Paladin Cavalier - all the better to do subtle evil by and hopefully damage the rep of true Pal Cav while doing so.

Now back to the rogue example, the Pal Blck would probably go yeah, yeah, nah when it'd really hurt. Unless of course it actually is a good idea to keep the rogue around. Be a bit silly to manufacture the demise of the rogue and subsequently get killed by traps.

But it's good to know the option is there - sometimes need to eliminate witnesses, or get the treachery in beforehand.
Agreed; he's Lawful Evil (or Lawful Neutral!) not Chaotic Evil.  The Blackguard is still going to work with his allies, even the Chaotic Neutral law-breaking Rogue.  He'll probably be a pretty mean policer around the rogue's funny business, though.  It's bad for business.

Either that or blackmail for a cut.
Aye.

I like this!

That's awesome!
A rogue with a bowl of slop can be a controller. WIZARD PC: Can I substitute Celestial Roc Guano for my fireball spells? DM: Awesome. Yes. When in doubt, take action.... that's generally the best course. Even Sun Tsu knew that, and he didn't have internets.