Fblthp?

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Is all the information we know about him in that one story and his card? Or has he been in any books or anything? I may steal him for a thing...
Nope, that's all there is to Fblthp.
Aside from the blog post of how to pronounce his name.
Nope, that's all there is to Fblthp.
Aside from the blog post of how to pronounce his name.

is it pronounced fibble thip?
(fib-bull-thip)
(fib-bull-thip)

That's what I saaaaaaaaaaid.
We said it at almost the same tiiiiiiime.
Make him a planeswalker on a quest to go to the highest place in the multiverse!
Making him a Planeswalker is kind of silly, but I'm totally in favor of more Fblthp stories, personally.
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Well, Fblthp is an homunculus. Aren't those generally created beings?

After the official forums lost most of their functionality, a once vibrant community of Vorthos was wiped out.The survivors founded a new place to discuss all things concerning with the art, flavor and storylines of Magic: The Gathering. Come join us.

Well, Fblthp is an homunculus. Aren't those generally created beings?

Yes?

Though I don't know the purpose of creating a cowardly, mentallychildlike creature.  And he isn't guild-aligned.  Maybe they aren't created beings on Ravnica? 
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
Though I don't know the purpose of creating a cowardly, mentallychildlike creature.  And he isn't guild-aligned.  Maybe they aren't created beings on Ravnica?

He does small maintenance work for the Azorius. But there's no evidence the created him. Maybe he's an experiment gone wrong by either the Simic or the Izzet and the Azorius took him under their wing.

After the official forums lost most of their functionality, a once vibrant community of Vorthos was wiped out.The survivors founded a new place to discuss all things concerning with the art, flavor and storylines of Magic: The Gathering. Come join us.

I like to believe Fblthp somehow ended up running the Maze, won, restored the Guildpact and saved Ravnica.

All completly unwittingly.
Making him a Planeswalker is kind of silly

Thats the point!
I like to believe Fblthp somehow ended up running the Maze, won, restored the Guildpact and saved Ravnica.

All completly unwittingly.

This. The next block set on Ravnica will feature the card, "Fblthp, Parun of Restoration". The flavor text will be: Fblthp received the crown standing on a platform high over the largest plaza on Ravnica, where everyone could see him and pay him respect. It was the highest he had ever been off the ground.

@mikemearls The office is basically empty this week, which opens up all sorts of possibilities for low shenanigans

@mikemearls In essence, all those arguments I lost are being unlost. Won, if you will. We're doing it MY way, baby.

@biotech66 aren't you the boss anyway? isn't "DO IT OR I FIRE YOU!" still an option?

@mikemearls I think Perkins would throat punch me if I ever tried that. And I'd give him a glowing quarterly review for it.

I  reblogged that on Tumblr with the statement: 

Welp, I guess we can just go ahead and shut down the Expanded Multiverse because nothing else that we create will ever be this perfect.

In fact, you know what?

Let’s just shut down the whole Internet. This is the apex.

Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Is that prince? Nobody cares about prince.
Sign In to post comments