Fair?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Homicide
Enchantment

Each creature has "You may sacrifice this creature." .
I know a card that would love this... Here.
I know a card that would love this... Here.

I know many cards that would like this. I mean, most of what Golgari decks do is get stuff in graveyards, and black does a lot of sac-outlet support as well.

That in mind, this should cost at least a CMC of 3.

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

"I play a Grave Betrayal. I get all your dead things now, mwahahahaha!"
"Okay. I play a Phage the Untouchable. Piss me off and I will sac it."
"... ... ... so guys, remind me again how to sac my own enchantments?"

I don't understand why this would be unfair. To me, it seems underpowered. Viscera Seer is the same cost, and although it is a creature and easier to remove, it has the plus side of scrying.
I don't understand why this would be unfair. To me, it seems underpowered. Viscera Seer is the same cost, and although it is a creature and easier to remove, it has the plus side of scrying.

Yeah, that's a sac outlet. But scry 1 is only a minor benefit, and it's far outweighed by how easy it is to get rid of a 1/1. Combat damage, pinging/burning, direct killing, a single -1/-1 counter, fighting, etc. Anything that hits this guy will kill him.

Enchantment removal, however, is more limited and specific. So yeah, I do think that's enough to justify pumping the cost of an enchantment sac outlet.

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

"I play a Grave Betrayal. I get all your dead things now, mwahahahaha!"
"Okay. I play a Phage the Untouchable. Piss me off and I will sac it."
"... ... ... so guys, remind me again how to sac my own enchantments?"

Each creature has "You may sacrifice this creature.".

All this does is say something that is already true. Is this enchantment supposed to provide a sac outlet or override Tajuru Preserver and Sigarda, Host of Herons? If it's the former, then "Each creature has ': Sacrifice this creature,'" is the way to go. If it's the latter, I'm going to have to think about that because that's trying to override the "can't beats can" rule, which is really hard.

Level 1 Judge as of 09/26/2013

Zammm = Batman

"Ability words are flavor text for Melvins." -- Fallingman

Altar of Dementia isn't overpowered, and that card isn't even symmetric and can be a wincon by itself. This admittedly costs 1 less, but doesn't mill and is color specific. It's also symmetrical.

Wanted it to be more on the lines of "you may sacrifice this at any time". Having it as a 0 cost ability would probably be the easiest implemetation, but also inelegant as hell.
Claws of Gix says this is fair, I think.
Players may sacrifice creatures any time they could cast an instant
Each creature has "You may sacrifice this creature.".

All this does is say something that is already true.

Does this mean I can also look at the top of my library?

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)