My Own Request Thread!

34 posts / 0 new
Last post
YMTC: Idol Audition round really increased my interest in flavorful cards, top down approach.
Though that wasn't the criteria, I came up with (after revisions):

Deadly Hollow -- :BM::BM:
Enchantment (R)

Whenever a creature attacks you or a planeswalker you control, put a despair counter on Deadly Hollow.
Remove any number of despair counters from Deadly Hollow: Target attacking creature gets -X/-X until the end of turn, where X is the number of despair counters removed this way.

"Why do they lose their sanity first? Because the forest doesn't like it's food undercooked."
-Rodin, Hamivus Guide-

==xx==

The purpose of this thread:
Give me flavor, and I'll design a card.

And for everyone, comments and everything are encouraged.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Design a grumpy tavern owner who escaped a checkered past.
Break the Card: A great contest run by Dilleux_Lepaire in the Cards and Combo's forums! Support the Card: An homage to Break the Card I run on the You Make the Card forums! Support the Card winners:
Show
Week 1: Savor the Moment - Winner: ConfusedAsUsual!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29788879/CONTEST_Card_Support:_Savor_the_Moment?pg=1
Week 2: Grinning Ignus - Winners: Lobster667 and VRdragoon!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29797229/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Grinning_Ignus?pg=1
Week 3: Transcendence - Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29806577/CONTEST__Support_the_Card:_Transcendence?pg=1
Week 4a: Rofellos's Gift - Winner: SuperSpawnWrithe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29816423/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Rofelloss_Gift
Week 4b: Mortus Strider - Winner: Libe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29820463/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Mortus_Strider
Week 5: High Priest of Penance - Winners: Dilleux_Lepaire and Dudibus!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29921687/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_High_Priest_of_Penance?pg=1

DONE!

Check Reactionary: Episode One 8^p

==xx==

Mischevious Barkeep -- :RM:
Creature - Human Rogue (U)

:T:: At the beginning of your next combat, Mischevious Barkeep is unblockable until the end of turn.
:UM:: Mischevious Barkeep gets +0/+3 until the end of turn.

A good barkeep keeps more than just ale in his cellar. The best barkeeps don't need the cellar.
3 / 1

EDIT: Added blue. I had too. I just did.
Official archnemesis of magicpablo666 Host of Reactionary Proud owner of "The Terrible Cube" The altimis Archive I'm baking lands!!! Beginner of GROMA
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I carefully examine the walls of the room in a determined effort to not follow the GMs plot.
Request reactionary gets going again? Just teasing.

...Though thinking along those lines...

How about you make the tavern from the first Reactionary as a land? Tavern destruction by thousand of crows and random forest optional.
Request reactionary gets going again? Just teasing. ...Though thinking along those lines... How about you make the tavern from the first Reactionary as a land? Tavern destruction by thousand of crows and random forest optional.

I can do that... but I don't have time right now.
I will be busy for a few hours.
Then I restart reactionary...
Then this... ugh prioriteis 8^p

Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:

DONE!

==xx==

:T:: At the beginning of your next combat, Mischevious Barkeep is unblockable until the end of turn.

A good barkeep keeps more than just ale in his cellar. The best barkeeps don't need the cellar.
3 / 1

Interesting...I really should check out your reactionary threads.  I always mean to, but I feel like I'm so far behind...

Break the Card: A great contest run by Dilleux_Lepaire in the Cards and Combo's forums! Support the Card: An homage to Break the Card I run on the You Make the Card forums! Support the Card winners:
Show
Week 1: Savor the Moment - Winner: ConfusedAsUsual!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29788879/CONTEST_Card_Support:_Savor_the_Moment?pg=1
Week 2: Grinning Ignus - Winners: Lobster667 and VRdragoon!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29797229/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Grinning_Ignus?pg=1
Week 3: Transcendence - Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29806577/CONTEST__Support_the_Card:_Transcendence?pg=1
Week 4a: Rofellos's Gift - Winner: SuperSpawnWrithe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29816423/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Rofelloss_Gift
Week 4b: Mortus Strider - Winner: Libe!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29820463/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_Mortus_Strider
Week 5: High Priest of Penance - Winners: Dilleux_Lepaire and Dudibus!
Show
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29921687/CONTEST_Support_the_Card:_High_Priest_of_Penance?pg=1

DONE!

==xx==

3 / 1

Interesting...I really should check out your reactionary threads.  I always mean to, but I feel like I'm so far behind...

Just note that the card isn't there... but in episode one I took the part of a bartender. An evil bartender working for Bolas.
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
Make a soldier who is overconfident in his ability to conquer his opponents. 

Show
Upon the day that dragons were born, so to was the first white wig worn, by men who wished to make the world theirs, and in the process sorcery tears - the very fabric of space and time, dragging the dragons right into their prime, these monstrous beasts in philosophical mansions, stood right in the way of colonial expansions. To break these beasts a hero must be found, a hero of the future who can stand the sound - of centuries past and voices unfettered, and someone who'll carve dragon graves lettered - R, I, and P the three sacred symbols, that curse the dead to a land without gimbals. A land they'll never leave, because escape cannot conceive - itself, out of the grip of this mustachio'd hero, a Roosevelt who is comparable to zero. Family crest tattooed on his chest, the baddest m****rf****r this side of the West. And to the dismay of the colonial fools, their futuristic hero had to play by the rules, and the hero chosen by the dragons themselves, they summoned with a tome pulled from dusty shelves. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn, or so they said, as their dragon tails were waggin'. And up from the depths, as the earth shook, the Oldest of Ones opened eyes for a look - at the battle that was about to be waged, the human champion that stood enraged - on the precipice between hither and yon, to battle this most eldritch scion. And with that, the tension was broken, the combat began, and each soul had spoken - its very last words, because as soon as time had started, so to had it ended, and sentience departed.
...make the tavern from the first Reactionary as a land? Tavern destruction by thousand of crows and random forest optional.

Steamflogger's --
Land (R)

:T:: Add to your mana pool.
:T:, Sacrifice a creature and pay it's mana cost: Put three tokens onto the battlefield that are copies of that creature except they are 0/1 and gain "This creature is indestructible."

Where free rounds of ale, makes three times the trouble.

==xx==

I feel this might be too good as is. I might increase the cost, or limit the ability to only work with certain cmc's (but then I might be nerfing it too much.).

As a note... this story is still important to the Reactionary series.
They will all interconnect in some way / eventually. I have a massive plan, that has to be taken one step at a time.
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
Make a soldier who is overconfident in his ability to conquer his opponents.

Reckless Soldier -- :WM::WM:
Creature - Human Soldier (U)

If Reckless Soldier would be dealt more damage than it's toughness, sacrifice it instead.

"Dearest Ethyl. When I fight, I fight for you, my love; but we both know better. I'm unwilling to send you a mangled corpse, if there is ever a battle we should lose."
-Letter from Jon Hammlet-
2 / 1

==xx==

In this case, he is overconfident... with a reason to be over confident 8^p... Sorry.
It's an awkward ability lending itself towards the Arrogant Bloodlord, but it gets around opposing lifelink and damage triggers.
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I like it! Flavor-wise it fits very well with the story you had in the first Reactionary. And you say it is going to tie in with the other Reactionaries? Interesting...
A card that exemplifies the scientific method if you please!

Also yah Steamflogger's is way OP. It would be playable even if it only made one token because you can sacrifice your doomed chump blockers to get indestructible chump blockers. It's even crazier with mana dorks. Tap a Birds of Paradise and sac it to make an indestructo-mana-flyer.
I've read in other forum posts of yours (don't know which one or how I found it) that you have participated in games like your own before you made your own. How about a card representing one of your favorite moments in one of them?
I like it! Flavor-wise it fits very well with the story you had in the first Reactionary. And you say it is going to tie in with the other Reactionaries? Interesting...

Yeah.
Episode two makes reference to Bolas' army of zomibes that was introduced in Episode one.
Episode three is a direct (for some) continuation of Episode two. Plus, I have it set up for an Phyrexian/Eldrazi mix. You 'know' they will come around sometime.

Maybe the lever doesn't shock me 'every' time?

Interesting request... I wonder how it'll work.

Brain Tap --
Artifact (U)

:T:, Name a card: Reveal the top card of target opponent's library. If it's the named card, that player exiles the top ten cards of his or her library.
:1M::UPM::BPM:, :T:: You may look at the top three cards of target opponent's library and put them back in the same order. Then, that player may put those cards into his or her graveyard.

==xx==

I started this as an enchantment named Mental Tapping... but using the :T: symbol reall shaved of like 15 words, and that's a lot.
It's not the 'entire' scientific method... but I think you get the general sense of it. That's hard to put on a card.
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:

Also yah Steamflogger's is way OP. It would be playable even if it only made one token because you can sacrifice your doomed chump blockers to get indestructible chump blockers. It's even crazier with mana dorks. Tap a Birds of Paradise and sac it to make an indestructo-mana-flyer.

I was thinking of adding "If the sacrificed creatures converted mana cost was 3 or more,... make tokens". Pointing out mana dorks really nails it for me.
Original it was just three 0/1 indestructible creature tokens. Given the relevance to teh story I made them copies of the sacrificed creature. I think 3 cmc or more should "nerf" it enough, but that also means you're just getting better tokens 8^p
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I've read in other forum posts of yours (don't know which one or how I found it) that you have participated in games like your own before you made your own. How about a card representing one of your favorite moments in one of them?

This is a tough one... it comes from my archnemesis' thread and yes he knows which one. But it's so difficult to pick just one moment from that game... so much abotut hat game was just perfect.
My Goat
My Girl
My Plot Twist

What do I choose?

The original... it has to be the original. Alas, an unbroken version... or a less broken version.

Czyphe, the Once Goat -- :BM::BM:
Legendary Creature - Zombie Goat (R)

When Czyphe, the Goat dies, return it to the battlefield transformed under your control.

2 / 2

==xx==

Czyphe, the Almost-Dead Goat --
[:BM:]
Czyphe, the Almost-Dead Goat cannot be sacrificed.
Undying

1 / 1

===xxx===

So, it's a little better than the original as in it's more manageable. It still has the 2 to 1 to 3 to 1 to 1 etc that I like. It's no longer a sacrifice outlet. And I friggin love the transform card with undying on the transformed side. I didn't think there was a way to do it... but I fell in love with Czyphe the Once Goat again.
For those who say it's OP, just pretend it's indestructible. I did raise the cost because it's better than simply indestructible.
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
Create a card that matches with this flavor text.

"Beauty in the eyes of death can drip the burning soil into a coiled crust."

This reminds me of my Beauty cycle a while back.

At first glance, I don't really understand this flavor text. At second glance however, I think I can make a card that matches what it makes me feel (confused)...

Feritlize -- :BM::GM:
Instant (C)

Exile your graveyard. If a creature and a land card were exiled this way, search your library for up to two basic land cards and put them onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library.

"Beauty in the eyes of death can drip the burning soil into a coiled crust."

==xx==

This turned out to be more like Harrow than I would've wanted... but that's what it made me think of at second glance.
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
Nice work on the scientific method.
YOu could probably fix the land by making the ability sacrifice it. still probably broken but that would go a long ways towards fixing things.
How is Czyphe OP? He looks like a black Mitotic Slime that trades stats and tokens for the ability to get around nontoken clauses. Good in the right deck, but OP?
I thought you said "My Owe Request Thread"

I was disappointed.

I want an Owe.

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
YOu could probably fix the land by making the ability sacrifice it. still probably broken but that would go a long ways towards fixing things.
How is Czyphe OP? He looks like a black Mitotic Slime that trades stats and tokens for the ability to get around nontoken clauses. Good in the right deck, but OP?

This was teh original...

Undying
As long as Czyphe, the Once Goat has a +1/+1 counter on it, it has Persist.

2 / 2

==xx==

Nothing could kill it. Only exile could kill it. And you could just sac it a bazillion times.
My way, at least some counter manipulation could also handle it.
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
I thought you said "My Owe Request Thread"

I was disappointed.

I want an Owe.

Better yet... I'll make a cycle.
White:

Owe -- :WM:
Instant (C)

Target player gains 3 life. Another target player draws a card.

Black:

Off -- :BM:
Instant (C)

Destroy target nonblack creature.
That creature's controller may draw a card.

Red:

Ohm -- :RM:
Instant (C)

Ohm deals 1 damage to target player.
Draw a card.

Green:

Oft -- :GM:
Instant (C)

Until the end of turn, whenever a player draws a card, that player gains 1 life.
Draw a card.

Terribly balanced, but funny nonetheless.
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
Make an avatar that is an incarnation of the sun.
Someone decided it was a good day to blow up the moon. (No not like a beach ball.) Take your pick of these options: Who blew up the moon? How did they do it? What did they do it with? When will they strike next?

This was teh original...

Undying

2 / 2

==xx==

Nothing could kill it. Only exile could kill it. And you could just sac it a bazillion times.

I remember your goat.

Oh and make a card about a planeswalker on a vacation in Hawaii.
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.

This was teh original...

Undying

2 / 2

==xx==

I remember your goat.

Remember him well. I do.
I just got a post card from him. It was oddly terrifying. I will draw it from memory because he shared some personal stuff in his letter. No idea what he drew for me though. I told him it was beautiful regardless. He's doing well. He's living, err... dying the high life in some plane beyond Dominaria.
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:

This was teh original...

Undying

2 / 2

==xx==

I remember your goat.

Remember him well. I do.
I just got a post card from him. It was oddly terrifying. I will draw it from memory because he shared some personal stuff in his letter. No idea what he drew for me though. I told him it was beautiful regardless. He's doing well. He's living, err... dying the high life in some plane beyond Dominaria.

Aww, how sweet. Faithful goat he is. Just remember to warn him about going to Innistrad. I can imagine a great deal of people who would want to get their hands on such a fine goat. For various (wrong) reasons.
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
Just tell him to stay away from blocks with sacrifice themes.
Make an avatar that is an incarnation of the sun.

Scorched Avatar -- :RM::RM:
Creature - Avatar Incarnation (R)

Whenever an equipment becomes attached to Scorched Avatar, sacrifice that equipment. If you do, Scorched Avatar deals 3 damage to target ceature or player.
Whenever a creature blocks or becomes blocked by Scorched Avatar, Scorched Avatar deals 3 damage to that creature.

5 / 4
Someone decided it was a good day to blow up the moon. (No not like a beach ball.) Take your pick of these options: Who blew up the moon? How did they do it? What did they do it with? When will they strike next?

Broken Moon -- :RM:
Enchantment (R)

Nonbasic lands aren't mountains.

==xx==

Sorry. I'll do it really in a bit.

Make a card abput Chef Ramsay.

This one is too precious to pass up

Zodiac Chicken -- :GM::GM:
Creature - Chicken (U)

When Zodiac Chicken leaves the battlefield, if it wasn't dealt damage by a red instant or sorcery this turn, return it to the battlefield.

"Why'd the chicken cross the road? ... Because you didn't frickin' COOK IT!"
2 / 1
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:

Creature - Chicken (U)

When Zodiac Chicken leaves the battlefield, if it wasn't dealt damage by a red instant or sorcery this turn, return it to the battlefield.

2 / 1

Love the flavor of this one!

Creature - Chicken (U)

2 / 1

Love the flavor of this one!

Me too!
I saw that on a meme somewhere and it has become my all time favorite Why'd the chicken cross the road joke.
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
Design me like one of your french girls
make a card that is djinn of the lamp.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

Make a card that works well with sub-game but doesn't actually start one, or mention it.

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Make a card that works well with sub-game but doesn't actually start one, or mention it.

This is difficult, but I 'think' I got it. (I apologize doing them out of order... I just woke up and this was the first one I saw).

Inceptional Justiciar -- :RM::WM:
Creature - Human Soldier (R)
[Boros Watermark]
Whenever a card is put from the top of your library into your graveyard, you may put it onto the bottom of your library instead.
Whenever a card leaves the game, Inceptional Justice deals 1 damage to target creature. (This does not include exile.)

The Boros were proud when they discovered that they could combat the intrustions of the Dimir. Of course, they never realized that it was through Dimir influence...
2 / 2

==xx==

I really wanted to add: "Whenever each player shuffles their library simultaneously, SOMETHING" but this would be completely out of the new game by the time you start shuffling. The way it works (or I intend it to work), is that when the subgame is started, this creates triggers that go on the stack and are held until the subgame ends. I don't know if it actually works that way, but that is the intention. Wording help would be excellent.
Notable Quotables:
58060728 wrote:
Sign In to post comments