1x Brittle Effigy
1x Jinxed Idol
1x Ring of Three Wishes
1x Door to Nothingness

[/deck]

[deck=LANDS]

1x Terramorphic Expanse

[/deck]

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

Black has nightmare and xathrid demon, that's just off the top of my head
I'll delete this post in a few minutes, but I would suggest to Felbatista to reserve atleast the first two posts, if not the third.  180+ cards might take up more space than one post.

Shouldn't. Can fit seven decks in a post, and that include all the code to make the tables appear. He ought to be fine.

Wizards: If it isn't game design, we can't do it right. Frankly, we're kind of shaky on the game design sometimes too.

I'll delete this post in a few minutes, but I would suggest to Felbatista to reserve atleast the first two posts, if not the third.  180+ cards might take up more space than one post.

Shouldn't. Can fit seven decks in a post, and that include all the code to make the tables appear. He ought to be fine.

k.   IDK the exact paramaters, so if you say so.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

It should be finished now with what we have. Please let me know if there's something I forgot. There are some new cards that I couldn't figure out what they do. If there's anyone who can, please help me.

@sixty

I think one post is enough to fit everything.

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Was pretty sure we saw Distress somewhere, or maybe I was reading someone saying it when they meant Duress. Will check the 2014 announced/sealed info threads.

EDIT: Whelp, I was going to do a bunch of digging but then MEM posted this; I believe it's what you need: community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Wizards: If it isn't game design, we can't do it right. Frankly, we're kind of shaky on the game design sometimes too.

Was pretty sure we saw Distress somewhere, or maybe I was reading someone saying it when they meant Duress. Will check the 2014 announced/sealed info threads.

You're right, already fixed it.

Wait..Titans are in the cardpool? Link to pic?
In the deck manager pic for PSN, you can see a mythic rare all the way to the right of the cards included in the deck. That card is Grave Titan with new card art. Also, I think the way that Sean worded it, makes it seem like all the cards from more or less all the decks are in the Sealed pool.

Hmm.. can't find the pic online, I might have to upload it, if you guys are sceptismos!

Also, maybe Sean could confirm or disconfirm the claim about all cards in the game are in the overall Sealed pool.
In the deck manager pic for PSN, you can see a mythic rare all the way to the right of the cards included in the deck. That card is Grave Titan with new card art. Also, I think the way that Sean worded it, makes it seem like all the cards from more or less all the decks are in the Sealed pool.

Hmm.. can't find the pic online, I might have to upload it, if you guys are sceptismos!

Also, maybe Sean could confirm or disconfirm the claim about all cards in the game are in the overall Sealed pool.

This is right. I just want to add that the artwork is not new. It was from the promo version of GT gave to people that bought the Xbox version of DotP'09. And that artwork is awesome, btw

Also, I don't think the pool consists of all the cards in the pre made decks. I remember a video (or was it a pic?) that showed to us that the decks will have 40 unlocks again. That would mean we have way more than 180 cards in the game.

This is right. I just want to add that the artwork is not new. It was from the promo version of GT gave to people that bought the Xbox version of DotP'09. And that artwork is awesome, btw

Also, I don't think the pool consists of all the cards in the pre made decks. I remember a video (or was it a pic?) that showed to us that the decks will have 40 unlocks again. That would mean we have way more than 180 cards in the game.

Nicely spotted! =) And yeah, that card art is beastly. I'm liking the card art for the Zombie Minotaur too, although the card itself is fairly vanilla.

The reason I think that the 180+ being all the cards theory is not that unlikely, is that many of the cards in the preconstructed decks are repeats, but I don't know of course.

Maybe, maybe not. I'd imagine a lot of the pre-con decks are going to have multiples of a lot of cards (because, of course they are). A card pool in this case (at least logically thinking) would be 180+ unique, individual cards.

So it's possible that everything contained in the 10 pre-cons will be present in pool. 

Though honestly, I certainly hope not......that would probably mean the pre-cons, are in fact, absolute garbage. 
Where are we getting the information about these cards??? Black looks very interesting. :D
Where are we getting the information about these cards??? Black looks very interesting. :D

They come from some pics in another thread. I think they were from a press release or something like that.

Take a look here. There are more if you keep going in the thread.

im gonna reset my deck till i get angelic destiny then ill ???? then profit!! :P

Angelic Destiny my first autocard but since i love this card so much i think its worth it!!
im gonna reset my deck till i get angelic destiny then ill ???? then profit!! :P

Angelic Destiny my first autocard but since i love this card so much i think its worth it!!

With Giant Scorpion, too? 5/7 Flying, First Strike, Deathtouch? Heh.

At least I don't see any better three drop to stick it on. Yet, anyhow. 

4 mana for a 2/4 card that does nothing? Wtf is the point of that? You should probably take that card out of your deck as soon as possible, maybe if that card only cost, 1, 2, or maybe even 3 mana, maybe, it might maybe be worth having in your deck if you can beef it up with other cards ability's. maybe... But even then its not worth the trouble. What an uterly useless card! You should replace it with something right away, its just taking up space man.

A good card that does nothing is that 4/5 green beast that drops for 3 mana... aw yeah... now thats a good card that does nothing to have in your deck! :D
not sure i follow bones but just imagin the power of Angelic Destiny equipedon Phantasmal Dragon too strong!!

actually seen this combo in 2hg last year was pretty much unstopable ...by that I mean didn't have to stop it.
4 mana for a 2/4 card that does nothing? Wtf is the point of that? You should probably take that card out of your deck as soon as possible, maybe if that card only cost, 1, 2, or maybe even 3 mana, maybe, it might maybe be worth having in your deck if you can beef it up with other cards ability's. maybe... But even then its not worth the trouble. What an uterly useless card! You should replace it with something right away, its just taking up space man.

A good card that does nothing is that 4/5 green beast that drops for 3 mana... aw yeah... now thats a good card that does nothing to have in your deck! :D

You're talking about Pillarfield Ox and Leatherback Baloth, right? You can't even compare the 2 cards in limited, and we're talking about limited here. One is a common and the and the other is an uncommon, meaning the Ox will show up in your pool much more often than the Baloth. You also have to look at the mana cost. It's very rare that you have enough cards in your pool to make a monocolored deck in limited, and the Ox has a much (MUCH) more easy mana cost to cast.

As a matter of fact, I remember the Ox being playable in both limited formats he was printed.

not sure i follow bones but just imagin the power of Angelic Destiny equipedon Phantasmal Dragon too strong!!

Read the rules text of the Dragon again

Nice awesome thread I think we have most of the sealed pictures ny now, but it seems that there was a big press pack with a lot of pictures in it (and no site has posted all of them), so there might still be a few floating around :-)
Yup.. the press pack had 5 pics for each platform. Only a few were duplicates (iOS and Android had a few repeats), but most pics were really different from each other, and if you look at the pictures depicting some of the gameplay, then on 2-3 of the platforms you could see the Garruk deck play against Chandre, while in the rest you could clearly see an Orzhov deck, which resembled the constructed deck from the Sealed deck manager quite a bit.
yea i think that orzhov deck was a custom name maybe? I'm remembering a shot that the decks name was "Orzhov w/b" or something similar.

Yea and haha about Phantasmal Dragon wearing an Angelic Destiny But i did see people try it was too funny...just last night I saw talrand Rite of Replication Garrucks Primordial Hydra with similarly hilarious results!! TOO STRONG!!

you just new you were gonna win when you teamate hung a Rancor on your Phantasmal Bear the first turn!! how is the other team gonna deal with a 4/2 before they even have land yet??
yea i think that orzhov deck was a custom name maybe? I'm remembering a shot that the decks name was "Orzhov w/b" or something similar.

Yea and haha about Phantasmal Dragon wearing an Angelic Destiny But i did see people try it was too funny...just last night I saw talrand Rite of Replication Garrucks Primordial Hydra with similarly hilarious results!! TOO STRONG!!

you just new you were gonna win when you teamate hung a Rancor on your Phantasmal Bear the first turn!! how is the other team gonna deal with a 4/2 before they even have land yet??

Rancor is the easiest way to ping off phatasms. It comes back to your hand like a maniac-phantom killing-boomerang
How? It never technically makes it "to the battlefield". It's like a creature getting bounced or killed in response to the Rancor.

Rancor is the easiest way to ping off phatasms. It comes back to your hand like a maniac-phantom killing-boomerang

Rancor doesn't come back coz it never was in the battlefield...

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

I have this feeling that ocal and Neo are in on some sort of inside joke that none of the rest of us understand.

So, who else sees the future of sealed containing 1/3 to 1/2 of your opponents having a swiftfoot boots and grave titan in their deck?

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

I have this feeling that ocal and Neo are in on some sort of inside joke that none of the rest of us understand. So, who else sees the future of sealed containing 1/3 to 1/2 of your opponents having a swiftfoot boots and grave titan in their deck?

I came to that conclusion a few hours back; community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

O i was joking but yeah sarcasm doesn't come through in text.  But yea clearly if my teamate Rancor's my Phantasmal Bear I'm not gonna be happy.  Actually surprised I'm the only 2hg player who has seen this stuff...usually it was funny cause it would be the other team, but sometimes you get 'that dude' on your team :P O yea there it is the smily that says im being sarcastic I will use it well next time :P

But yea I'm gonna reroll till I get Angelic Destiny for sure O.o
O i was joking but yeah sarcasm doesn't come through in text. 

i know you were.  I know you're not that dumb

You're a lose cannon.

Titan/Boots is going to be hard to resist for most.
I'm hoping to contruct something that will make that combo sad.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Titan/Boots is going to be hard to resist for most. I'm hoping to contruct something that will make that combo sad.

I'm hoping the other colors get some cool ****.  Right now black seems to outclass everything.  White seems to be second but not a close second.

You're a lose cannon.

White and Black only seem better because we've seen more cards from them.
White and Black only seem better because we've seen more cards from them.

Yes, I realize we have more cards available for White and Black.  That's why I said I hope they get some good stuff.

As long as each color gets 2 bomb Mythics like Black does, I'm sure we'll be alright, but that still remains to be seen.  Of course there  is the fact that 1 of those mythics takes 3 black mana which, in limited, is a huge power restriction.

Mythics....?   I wonder if we'll see them in boosters as often as we see them IRL or if they'll simply replace the normal rares with them.

You're a lose cannon.

I never said mine wouldn't be black :-p
It'll be able to answer the Titan combo whatever it turns out be.
On a side note, Fernando Alonso's favorite thing is chickens. He loves Spa and Monza but favorite chicken is after the tunnel at Monaco.

www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&...

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

I never said mine wouldn't be black :-p It'll be able to answer the Titan combo whatever it turns out be. On a side note, Fernando Alonso's favorite thing is chickens. He loves Spa and Monza but favorite chicken is after the tunnel at Monaco. www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&...

Wow, making fun of a spanish guy for the way he says chicane

You're a lose cannon.

I didn't make the video, I mearly smile at it.

Show

Black and White will rule this format.  Basically whoever has the most Common removal.  Since everyone will have a couple of bombs and a bunch of scrub cards... removal is the next best thing.
Wonder if we will see the legendary artifact creatures from ancient depth, 2012 version.
Then people will probably try to get them all in the same deck, no matter how many times they need to delete and retry
You want Eldrazi in your sealed deck?!

Show

Since all the cards spoiled so far have been in core sets, I think it's save to assume all the 180+ cards are from core sets (probably m10 and onwards).

That's means no eldrazi.
All I want is control deck full of sweepers. Hopefully I don't get stuck making aggro decks with my pools.
Sign In to post comments