YMTC Idol 11: Round 1

242 posts / 0 new
Last post
Most recently I've read Morrison's Beloved, Wolfe's The Fifth Head of Cerberus, Banks' The Player of Games, Oe's A Personal Matter, and Disch's 334.
Cartel Legbreaker

Creature ― Ogre Rogue
When Cartel Legbreaker enters the battlefield, choose an opponent.
At the beginning of your upkeep, Cartel Legbreaker deals 2 damage to the chosen opponent unless he or she pays . If he or she does, Cartel Legbreaker loses this ability.
“Speak softly and employ a huge man with a crowbar.” ―Terry Pratchett
4/4

Subject to change on a whim.
Hoard of Notions: Cards and general design musings from yours truly.
Magic Threatre
Land
As Magic Theatre enters the battlefield, an opponent chooses a number from one to seven.
: Add to your mana pool.
: Add to your mana pool. Activate this ability only if the number of cards in your hand is the chosen number.
"Entrance not for everybody. For the mad only!"
—Herman Hesse, Steppenwolf

Zahir of Obsession

Enchantment – Zahir
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, that player may pay . If he or she doesn't, Zahir of Obsession becomes an Aura with enchant player and you attach it to that player.
At the beginning of enchanted player's end step, that player discards his or her hand.
"When all men on Earth think, day and night, of the Zahir, what will be dream and what will be real, the Earth or the Zahir?"
—Jorge Luis Borges, "The Zahir"

(Zahir are enchantments that become Auras unless an opponent pays a cost.)

Still brainstorming. Quote may be off, as I'm translating from my edition in Portuguese.

May I ask a judge to provide a quote for me? Kind of an extra challenge to use what I get.

If not, I understand and will find something else. 

I'm a former judge. Pick me, pick me!

Picked!

Most recently I've read Morrison's Beloved, Wolfe's The Fifth Head of Cerberus, Banks' The Player of Games, Oe's A Personal Matter, and Disch's 334.

Pretty sure I'm going to end up pulling my quote from Beloved.
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
May I ask a judge to provide a quote for me? Kind of an extra challenge to use what I get.

Hey, I have also been a judge.
Take this one:

“There's a very fine line between pleasure and pain. They are two sides of the same coin, one not existing without the other.”
― E.L. James, Fifty Shades of Grey

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Hey, I have also been a judge.
Take this one:

“There's a very fine line between pleasure and pain. They are two sides of the same coin, one not existing without the other.”
― E.L. James, Fifty Shades of Grey

Mown stole mine. But in case that's not your style:

"He wondered what the man’s name was and where he came from; and if he was really evil of heart, or what lies or threats had led him on the long march from his home; and if he would not really rather have stayed there in peace – all in a flash of thought which was quickly driven from his mind."
- Samwise Gamgee, The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien 

"What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person."
- Quentin Jacobsen, Paper Towns by John Green

"It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination."
- The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, Douglas Adams
Damn. I didn't think i would make it. Now i have to read through 400 posts in this thread? (There was 369 new posts since i last read the audition thread as well. Is there anything that I need to pay attention to?)

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
LOLOLOL

What the hell..... I placed last just before the cut off...... I'm sorry for Aaarrr XD

I honestly wasn't expecting to participate.

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
OK, my card is much better now I think.
Maddening Fantasies
Enchantment
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player discards a card at random. If it's a nonland card, an opponent of that player cast it without paying its mana cost if able. (That player chooses the opponent.)
"Open up your mind, let your fantasies unwind
In this darkness that you know you cannot fight." -Phantom of the Opera

Show
almost forgot those stupid pacts. cost it closer to hive mind and made it random.

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
atog, attribute your quote bro.
;)
atog, attribute your quote bro.
;)

wait. what? sorry I don't get what you are saying.

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
is that better? is that what you mean? I am not sure if i'm doing it right. : (

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Martyr's Anthem
Enchantment (R)
Whenever a creature you control dies in combat, put a song counter on Martyr's Anthem.
Creatures you control get +1/+1 for each sng counter on Martyr's Anthem.
Go, ye heroes, go to glory!
Though you die in combat gory,
Ye shall live in song and story.
Go to immortality!
—Gilbert & Sullivan,
The Pirates of Penzance
Primordial Ancients -
Creature - Elemental
Whenever you cast a spell using only mana produced by basic lands, draw a card.
"In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery."
Cormac McCarthy, The Road
2/2
 Or Infinite Jest. Frickin Infinite Jest.

Do it! It's totally easier than it looks. I was like 14 the first time I read it. Not sure how much I actually understood but it was humorous and interesting enough to grip my pubescent mind like the claws of the devil himself.

If we're listing off books we've read recently:

At Swim-Two-Birds by Flann O'Brien (Not really), which I adored as a technical work, but it failed to move me.

The Day of the Locust by Nathanael West, which I did like. I feel that it is a pretty elegant and concise little peice.

My Mother She Killed Me, My Father He Ate Me by various. It was cute. A lot of you would probably enjoy some of the stories and dislike others.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.

"It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds.

lame
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.
lame

yeah

http://nogoblinsallowed.com/

..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true">"It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination."

These claims do not logically follow from one another.

Also, there are plenty of better Adams quotes imo.
A little bit of courage is the real magic.

"It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds.

lame

Yeah, this isn't true.

..."It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination."

These claims do not logically follow from one another.

Also, there are plenty of better Adams quotes imo.

I was gonna point that out but I decided not to

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

I'm growing detached to my initial submission as days pass, mostly because I can't think of a good name for the card. Shame because Orwell is my favourite author after Sir Tolkien.

Quotes I might use

You will die — and it will all be over. You will die and find out everything — or cease asking. - Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

No man knows till he has suffered from the night how sweet and dear to his heart and eye the morning can be. - Bram Stoker, Dracula

Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt. - Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse Five

Men reject their prophets and slay them, but they love their martyrs and honor those they have slain. - Fyodor Dostoevski, Brothers Karamazov

He cried in a whisper at some image, at some vision, — he cried out twice, a cry that was no more than a breath — 'The horror! The horror!' - Joseph Conrad, The Heart of Darkness

Yes, man is mortal, but that would be only half the trouble. The worst of it is that he's sometimes unexpectedly mortal - there's the trick! - Mikhail Bulgakov

I also recently read The Old Man Who Read Love Stories by Luis Sepúlveda and there were many quotes I would like to use, but I didn't read it in English and couldn't find anything online (I greatly recommend the book by the way, it's short - 130 pages - but definitely a quality read!)

I also wanted to find Italo Calvino quotes but failed :|

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Plunge Into Future 
Instant
Shuffle target creature and the top X cards of its controller's library, put them on top of that library, then reveal the top card. If it's a creature card, he or she puts it onto the battlefield.
"I'll be back." - the Terminator

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Shun
Instant
Exile any number of target creature that's attacking you or a planeswalker you control. Return them onto the battlefield under its controller's control.
"May the force be with you." - Han Solo

[spoiler just having fun, and not flooding the thread]
Amazing Agent Horribly Represented Overdesigned
Creature - Human Rogue
Reveal a card from your hand: ~ gains protection from cards with converted mana cost equal to the card revealed.
When ~ deals combat damage to an opponent, look at the top X cards of that player's library where X is the damage dealt. You may cast one of them without paying its mana cost and put the rest back in any order.
"Bond. James Bond." - James Bond
2/1

[/spoiler]

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Official Entry

The Master

Legendary Creature - Demon (M)
At the beginning of your upkeep, lose 5 life and sacrifice a creature. Then end the turn.
You control each player during that player's turn. (You see all cards that player could see and make all decisions for the player.)
― E.L. James, Fifty Shades of Grey
5/5

Quote provided by Mown and Rush_Clasic 

Other quotes to try later
"He wondered what the man’s name was and where he came from; and if he was really evil of heart, or what lies or threats had led him on the long march from his home; and if he would not really rather have stayed there in peace – all in a flash of thought which was quickly driven from his mind."
- Samwise Gamgee, The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien 

"What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person."
- Quentin Jacobsen, Paper Towns by John Green

You are Finite
Sorcery (M)
Exile target player.
"It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination."
The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, Douglas Adams

Man oh man.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Battlefield Veteran creature orc barbarian
When this is opposed(blocking or blocked);
  it gets +2/+1.
This cannot block creatures of 2 power or greater.
~"please kill the man upstairs" -Voltaire
1/1

Scarzam's Sea Lion Creature - Sphinx, Cat, Merfolk,  Serpent
OceanBound (cannot attack if this has no flying,
                  and defending player has no islands )
If Sea Lion damages a creature;
 that creature cannot regenerate that turn
 and  if the creature dies; draw a card.
~Alive without breath, As cold as death;
        Never thirsty, ever drinking,
     All in mail never clinking. -The Hobit

(5/5)
NO WAR

DOD replaces human label with terrorist Blood-Chin Fanatic

[mc]1rubwg[/mc]=

No Money NO Ticket NO card Covers

Self-Awareness
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, look at the top card of your library. You may reveal it. If you do, put two +1/+1 counters on each creature with the same name as it.
"This above all: to thine own self be true,

And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man."
William Shakespeare, Hamlet
I think my card is done. :>
"The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men."The Durai Papers

Consciousness Probe
Sorcery
Look at target opponent's hand.  You may cast a spell from it with converted mana cost X or less without paying its mana cost.
"At first—even long before—he had been occupied with one question: why almost all crimes are so easily detected and solved, and why almost all criminals leave such an obviously marked trail."—Crime and Punishment

The card is reasonably costed, I think.  It's flexible, but in order to get anything really awesome out of your opponent, you need to put a lot of mana into it.  I was looking through my copy of this book for an idea for a quote and this one instantly made me think of Dimir, so here is a very Dimir-feeling card.
Scrapped

Maeve, Arbiter of Decisions
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor
You choose all targets for spells and abilities.
"My trouble was I had a mind.  But I couldn't make it up."Hunches in Bunches, Dr. Seuss
4/4

As promised, my Dr. Seuss quote.  This one really struck me as something that wouldn't actually be too silly for a magic card.  A couple of notes on this card just for clarification purposes.  Even though you choose the target, you don't control the spell or ability.  Other players cast their spells or activate their ability that has a target and you choose that target (which probably means they aren't doing very many things that have targets unless their potential targets are limited).  Of note is that this would do nothing to stop something like a counterspell unless there were multiple spells on the stack already when the counter is cast.  It also doesn't stop things like a Cruel Ultimatum that targets opponents only, nor does it stop global effects, such as Day of Judgment.  The card is very powerful, but for its cost, it's only decent in combat and you can still fight your way through it just with creatures, so I don't feel like it's overpowered.
Come check out my friend's youtube channel where he gives bad movies what's coming to them!
You Make the Card
Best Contest Holder 2010 YMtC Idol 9 4th Place
Mafia History
Friendliest Player 2010 Werewolves Invade YMtC!: Town-aligned Rotworm Mass, Survived, Mafia Victory Heroes Mafia: Angela Petrelli, Town-Aligned Undercover Revengeful Mother, Win for Me, Mafia Victory Super Smash Bros. Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Survived, Town Victory Bear Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Lynched Day 1, Mafia Victory YMtC Mafia II: Henry-Stern, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Town Victory, Town MVP Time Fracture Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Nero, the Last Romulan, Lynched Day 3, Borg Victory Touhou Mafia III: Tenshi Hinani, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Mafia 2010: Lynched Day 1, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Dragonball Z Mafia: Goku, Town-Aligned Charismatic Townie, Mafia Victory Quarantined Mafia: Lynched Day 4, J. Walter Weatherman, Infected-Aligned Administrative Assistant, Mr. T (so basically mafia) Victory Glass Box Mafia: Killed Night 2, Icthys, Town-Aligned Networker, Town Victory Battle Royale Mafia: Killed Night 3, Zipperflesh and Dark Stryke Victory Scars of Mirrodin Mafia: Killed Night 3, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Mafia Victory Portal Mafia: Lynched Day 3, Test Subject #2, Mafia-Aligned Rolestopper, Town Victory (that was utter BS) Toxic Waste Mafia: Survived, Violet, Hive (Cult)-Aligned Powerless Taskmaster, Hive Victory PK Hatez You Mafia: Survived, Town-Aligned Goth, Mafia Victory Dreven City: A Wild West Mafia: Town-Aligned "Los Angeles" Reed, One-Shot Vig, Survived, Town Victory (just barely, major props to Just a Cleric) YMtC Mafia III: Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Vampire Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Pander, Mafia Victory Touhou Border Collapse: Bill Cosby, Town-Aligned, Killed Night 1, Mafia Victory Harry Potter Mafia: Argus Filch, Town-Aligned Tracker, Lynched Day 5, Mafia Victory [Basic #5] Bandit Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Borderlands Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory eBay Mafia: Mafia-Aligned, Survived, Mafia Victory Full Metal Alchemist Mafia: Alphonse Elric, Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory Sunflowers for Ragnarokio: Lynched Day 3, Town/Just a Cleric/Tevish Szat/Faux-Razor Victory True Blood Mafia: Lynched Day 4, Mafia Victory My Mafia Diary: Skyhunter, Mafia-Aligned Emo, Survived, Flawless Mafia Victory Paper Mario Mafia: Blue Goomba, Town-Aligned Lover, Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Small Town Mafia: Pigsticker Mafia-Aligned Coward, Killed Night 2, Caveman Mafia and Zipperflesh Victory Stuff on my Desk Mafia: Lotus Cobra, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Order of the Chaos Rose Mafia: Lord Dagol Ji'Lovik, Town-Aligned Hypnotist, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Camp Crystal Lake Mafia: Ongoing A Certain Magical Mafia: Killed Night 1, Town-Aligned The Siege of Balignor Mafia: Ongoing, Killed Day 4 Mafia of Ancient Egypt: Replaced in for Murica day 2, Ra, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Town Victory, Town MVP Lord of the Rings Mafia: Replaced in for Dr Demento, Town-Aligned Mason/One-Shot Self-Doc, Town Victory, Town MVP Internet Stars Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Mythos Mafia: Ongoing
Maeve, Arbiter of Decisions
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor
You choose all targets for spells and abilities.
"My trouble was I had a mind.  But I couldn't make it up."Hunches in Bunches, Dr. Seuss
3/4

As promised, my Dr. Seuss quote.  This one really struck me as something that wouldn't actually be too silly for a magic card.  A couple of notes on this card just for clarification purposes.  Even though you choose the target, you don't control the spell or ability.  Other players cast their spells or activate their ability that has a target and you choose that target (which probably means they aren't doing very many things that have targets unless their potential targets are limited).  Of note is that this would do nothing to stop something like a counterspell unless there were multiple spells on the stack already when the counter is cast.  It also doesn't stop things like a Cruel Ultimatum that targets opponents only, nor does it stop global effects, such as Day of Judgment.  The card is very powerful, but for its cost, it's only decent in combat and you can still fight your way through it just with creatures, so I don't feel like it's overpowered.

I think you undercosted this card's ability by about a million mana.
A little bit of courage is the real magic.

I think you undercosted this card's ability by about a million mana.

Oh, ok.  I guess I'll make it cost 1,000,003 colorless mana, one white mana, and two blue mana.  Thanks for the advice!
Come check out my friend's youtube channel where he gives bad movies what's coming to them!
You Make the Card
Best Contest Holder 2010 YMtC Idol 9 4th Place
Mafia History
Friendliest Player 2010 Werewolves Invade YMtC!: Town-aligned Rotworm Mass, Survived, Mafia Victory Heroes Mafia: Angela Petrelli, Town-Aligned Undercover Revengeful Mother, Win for Me, Mafia Victory Super Smash Bros. Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Survived, Town Victory Bear Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Lynched Day 1, Mafia Victory YMtC Mafia II: Henry-Stern, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Town Victory, Town MVP Time Fracture Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Nero, the Last Romulan, Lynched Day 3, Borg Victory Touhou Mafia III: Tenshi Hinani, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Mafia 2010: Lynched Day 1, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Dragonball Z Mafia: Goku, Town-Aligned Charismatic Townie, Mafia Victory Quarantined Mafia: Lynched Day 4, J. Walter Weatherman, Infected-Aligned Administrative Assistant, Mr. T (so basically mafia) Victory Glass Box Mafia: Killed Night 2, Icthys, Town-Aligned Networker, Town Victory Battle Royale Mafia: Killed Night 3, Zipperflesh and Dark Stryke Victory Scars of Mirrodin Mafia: Killed Night 3, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Mafia Victory Portal Mafia: Lynched Day 3, Test Subject #2, Mafia-Aligned Rolestopper, Town Victory (that was utter BS) Toxic Waste Mafia: Survived, Violet, Hive (Cult)-Aligned Powerless Taskmaster, Hive Victory PK Hatez You Mafia: Survived, Town-Aligned Goth, Mafia Victory Dreven City: A Wild West Mafia: Town-Aligned "Los Angeles" Reed, One-Shot Vig, Survived, Town Victory (just barely, major props to Just a Cleric) YMtC Mafia III: Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Vampire Mafia: Mafia-Aligned Pander, Mafia Victory Touhou Border Collapse: Bill Cosby, Town-Aligned, Killed Night 1, Mafia Victory Harry Potter Mafia: Argus Filch, Town-Aligned Tracker, Lynched Day 5, Mafia Victory [Basic #5] Bandit Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Borderlands Mafia: Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory eBay Mafia: Mafia-Aligned, Survived, Mafia Victory Full Metal Alchemist Mafia: Alphonse Elric, Town-Aligned Mason, Killed Night 1, Town Victory Sunflowers for Ragnarokio: Lynched Day 3, Town/Just a Cleric/Tevish Szat/Faux-Razor Victory True Blood Mafia: Lynched Day 4, Mafia Victory My Mafia Diary: Skyhunter, Mafia-Aligned Emo, Survived, Flawless Mafia Victory Paper Mario Mafia: Blue Goomba, Town-Aligned Lover, Killed Night 2, Mafia Victory Small Town Mafia: Pigsticker Mafia-Aligned Coward, Killed Night 2, Caveman Mafia and Zipperflesh Victory Stuff on my Desk Mafia: Lotus Cobra, Town-Aligned Vanilla, Survived, Mafia Victory Order of the Chaos Rose Mafia: Lord Dagol Ji'Lovik, Town-Aligned Hypnotist, Mafia Victory, Town MVP Camp Crystal Lake Mafia: Ongoing A Certain Magical Mafia: Killed Night 1, Town-Aligned The Siege of Balignor Mafia: Ongoing, Killed Day 4 Mafia of Ancient Egypt: Replaced in for Murica day 2, Ra, Town-Aligned Charismatic, Town Victory, Town MVP Lord of the Rings Mafia: Replaced in for Dr Demento, Town-Aligned Mason/One-Shot Self-Doc, Town Victory, Town MVP Internet Stars Mafia: Town-Aligned Vanilla, Mafia Victory Mythos Mafia: Ongoing
The joke is Gleemax

http://nogoblinsallowed.com/

Good joke, but rule one of - is to not talk about -
Official Entry

The Master

Legendary Creature - Demon (M)
At the beginning of your upkeep, lose 5 life and sacrifice a creature. Then end the turn.
You control each player during that player's turn. (You see all cards that player could see and make all decisions for the player.)
― E.L. James, Fifty Shades of Grey
5/5

Weird that you chose the same place to end the turn as my card on a totally different quote.

On that, increased upkeep cost for my card, because while it's strong, I don't want it to be bananas.

I think the last book I read was Test of Metal, which pretty much sums me up.
Gridmaster Official Denizen of YmtC || My Lair Diraden, a set by me
I've decided I'm using a John Green quote, wedging modern young-adult fiction into a fantasy card game about magical combat. Should be fun.

Quote options
From Looking for Alaska:

1. "The Colonel ran ahead of me, gleeful at his ejection, and I jogged after him, trailing in his wake. I wanted to be one of those people who have streaks to maintain, who scorch the ground with their intensity. But for now, at least I knew such people, and they needed me, just like comets need tails."
- Miles Halter

2. "Imagining the future is a kind of nostalgia.[...] 
You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you'll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present."
- Alaska Young

3. "God will punish the wicked. And before He does, we will."
- The Colonel

4. "[...] if people were rain, I was drizzle and she was a hurricane."
- Miles Halter

From Paper Towns:

5. "Margo always loved mysteries. And in everything that came afterward, I could never stop thinking that maybe she loved mysteries so much that she became one."
- Quentin Jacobsen

6. "All those paper people living in their paper houses, burning the future to stay warm."
- Margo Roth Spiegelman 

7. "This fear bears no analogy to any fear I knew before. This is the basest of all possible emotions, the feeling that was with us before we existed, before this building existed, before the earth existed. This is the fear that made fish crawl out onto dry land and evolve lungs, the fear that teaches us to run, the fear that makes us bury our dead."
- Quentin Jacobsen

8. "It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world."
- Quentin Jacobsen

9. "What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person."
- Quentin Jacobsen

10. "And maybe by imagining these futures we can make them real, and maybe not, but either way we must imagine them."
- Quentin Jacobsen

From The Fault in Our Stars

11. "That's the thing about pain[...] it demands to be felt."
- Augustus Waters

12. "My thoughts are stars I can't fathom into constellations."
- Augustus Waters

Ooh, the Colonel quote is certainly 'generic-action-pithy' enough for a card, but I like both the Waters quotes and the Spiegelman one.

Especially the Spiegleman one. 

Do it! It's totally easier than it looks. I was like 14 the first time I read it. Not sure how much I actually understood but it was humorous and interesting enough to grip my pubescent mind like the claws of the devil himself.

Pabster man I hear you and can totally ID but like no way would you have hoovered enough bing to really get it, at that age I mean, really get it, the book, yaknow?
Sign In to post comments