How does this resolve?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
A bit complicated.  

Player 1's turn at 3 health: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Bobsbarricades/Screenshot2013-05-07at25328AM_zps035a09ab.png (the goblin balloon brigade is enchanted with Player 2's pillory of the sleepless

Player 2's board at 12 health: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Bobsbarricades/Screenshot2013-05-07at25339AM_zps1160d288.png

I declare the 2 Goblin Kings, mogg fanatic and mon's as attackers.  Then I cast dogpile before blockers are declared. First, does that damage resolve before the declare blockers step?  After that Player 2 decides to block the mon's+mogg fanatic with the 2 Souls of the Faultless that are each Haunted by a blind hunter.  Does the damage to the creatures go through before the damage to the player? I assume so, but something in my head is telling me that damage to player+creatures are resolved simultaneously.  Thanks!

Then I cast dogpile before blockers are declared. First, does that damage resolve before the declare blockers step?

Yes. You cast it during the declare attackers step, so that is when it resolves.

Does the damage to the creatures go through before the damage to the player?

No. All combat damage is dealt simultaneously. Then if any creatures have lethal damage marked or any players have 0 life, they die. Finally players put any abilities that triggered onto the stack.

Just to let you know, the Goblins are unblockable in your scenario, because they have mountainwalk and player 2 controls a Mountain.
ah, i definitely forgot Goblin King gives that.  Awesome.  

Ok so let's say they didn't have mountainwalk, and the defending player was at 2 life and took 2 damage when combat damage resolved.  If he had blocked with souls of the faultless he would still die because the life gain from souls would come after he was at 0, or dead.  Right?
ah, i definitely forgot Goblin King gives that.  Awesome.  

Ok so let's say they didn't have mountainwalk, and the defending player was at 2 life and took 2 damage when combat damage resolved.  If he had blocked with souls of the faultless he would still die because the life gain from souls would come after he was at 0, or dead.  Right?

Correct.  He'll lose before the triggered ability can go on the stack or resolve.
Sign In to post comments