Re-release Greyhawk Boxed Set w/ Rollable Darlene Maps

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
I stress the emphasis on the same size, deluxe, rollable, water marker-able, Darlene Map of Oerth. Make this happen, I have money to give you. I would easily pay $100 just for the map. Probably more. I'm sure there are others that would love a Darlene map too.
+1!

A HEARTY +1!

What with release of all the old books in hardcover I would think mayhaps a special Greyhawk boxed set is definitely in order considering that was where it all started for so many!!

Hopefully WotC takes a page from Joss Whedon & listens to their fans!

A wonderful idea! 
I just purchased the World of Greyhawk box set from 1983 for about $35; the maps are incredible, probably the best ones for any setting as far as artistic style is concerned!

Just roll some dice.

RADIO FREE BORDERLANDS:

Explore the new D&D podcast that is a celebration of all eras of the game! Discussing the loves, challenges, topics, ideas, and news of this great hobby in both a contemporary and historical view.

http://radiofreeborderlands.libsyn.com/

I still have my the books from one boxed set with an additional set of maps. I even have the box although it has seen better days.

My books are in good shape but full of hi-lited sections, one set of maps is covered in notes where I show the more infamous dungeons located on their hexes while I kept the other set of maps pristine.

While I absolutely LOVE the FR Grey Box and the maps included, one has to recognize the Darlene maps as sheer artwork and the Greyhawk books as tantalizing snippets of information that can be easily adapted and developed by any crafty DM.

I have to say, the World of Greyhawk is breathing new life into our game now that we have stepped back from the FR campaign for a bit.

I still have my original Greyhawk boxed set from 1980, the poor box has tape on the corners and my Darlene map has been folded/unfolded so many times that the creases are now tearing. 

Therefore fullsize, rollable, water-marker-able, repros of the original Darlene maps are in order. Come on wizards, I dare you to make something so I can spend more money.
This should be done! New Greyhawk maps are a great idea.
While I absolutely LOVE the FR Grey Box and the maps included, one has to recognize the Darlene maps as sheer artwork

THIS! +1 

Just roll some dice.

RADIO FREE BORDERLANDS:

Explore the new D&D podcast that is a celebration of all eras of the game! Discussing the loves, challenges, topics, ideas, and news of this great hobby in both a contemporary and historical view.

http://radiofreeborderlands.libsyn.com/

It would be awesome. I'm all for it!

Follow my blog and Twitter feed with Dark Sun campaign design and DM tips!
Dark Sun's Ashes of Athas Campaign is now available for home play (PM me with your e-mail to order the campaign adventures).

I would absolutely love that and would be willing to pay big $$ too!

I'd hire the peeps that did the 4E Eberron world map to redo Oerth. #awesome

[sblock]

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

This seems like a no-brainer... especially if D&D Next heralds a "return to Greyhawk."  Just about every nerd I know would plunk down good map for the maps (especially if they were down on vinyl!).

Plaguescarred wrote:

I'd hire the peeps that did the 4E Eberron world map to redo Oerth.

I would hire this chick; check out the insane zoomable detail.

http://ghmaps.net/onlinemap/onlinemap.html

frothsof wrote:
I would hire this chick; check out the insane zoomable detail.

http://ghmaps.net/onlinemap/onlinemap.html

Hell yeah!  Wow really impressive! 

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

I support this notion as well, even though I have no idea what the Darlene map is.

I do know that I just spent 30 bucks for the Living Greyhawk Campain (softcover) guide because it was the most recent version of any World of Greyhawk that I could find. (I then followed that purchase up with E.G. "Elminster's guide to the FR" for like 45 bucks (hardcover) to start building my D&D History Library. Next up: Dragonlance and the Oe boxed set!

WizBros there's a serious market for this stuff...

E. Tallitnics on Google+, Roll20, and Twitter.

Sounds good to me