5/6/2013 FTL: "Oops, I Win"

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's From the Lab, which goes live Monday morning on magicthegathering.com.
I don't know if Mike will consider the Dragonshift deck I sent to be truly "combo" or not, but it certainly has lots of synergies.

Goblins and drakes and DRAGONS! OH MY!

Lands (24)

Creatures (22)
[deck]
4 Nest Invader
4 Goblin Electromancer
4 Krenko's Command
4 Dragon Fodder
3 Talrand, Sky Summoner
3 Krenko, Mob Boss
[/deck]

Non-Creatures (12)
[deck]
4 Beck // Call
2 Farseek
2 Growth Spasm
4 Dragonshift
[/deck]

Planeswalkers (2)
[deck]
1 Ral Zarek
1 Sarkhan Vol
[/deck]

The land base may need some help.

***************************************************************************************

From Mark Rosewater's Tumblr: the0uroboros asked: How in the same set can we have a hexproof, unsacrificable(not a word) creature AND a land that makes it uncounterable. How does this lead to interactive play? I believe I’m able to play my creature and you have to deal with it is much more interactive than you counter my creature.

***************************************************************************************

Post #777

MaRo: One of the classic R&D stories happened during a Scars of Mirrodin draft. Erik Lauer was sitting to my right (meaning that he passed to me in the first and third packs). At the end of the draft, Erik was upset because I was in his colors (black-green). He said, "Didn't you see the signals? I went into black-green in pack one." I replied, "Didn't you see my signals? I started drafting infect six drafts ago."

MaRo: I redesigned him while the effect was on the stack.

I sent him a standard legal combo deck featuring Stuffy Doll and Showstopper
also: Maw of the Obzedat. ...
BUT I FORGOT THE SWITCHEROO!
I hope he sees it before he reads my eMail.  
Sign In to post comments