Need help with IS Monk

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok so im going to make a Monk with a group for Neverwinter scene, we are only using Forgotten Realms Themes and Backgrounds. Im kinda stuck between Halfling and Human. Im going to be a Iron Soul Monk so its dex and con that i need. Halfling gives me both along with many other benifits. Human gives me extra NAD, Feat, and the ability to use Pack Outcast, which seems like one of the only good Themes for monks which isnt saying much really.

So here are a few things i am asking help for. I need a list of good Feats for my Monk, if you make it up to lvl 10 i think that would help me pick easier, either for Human or Halfling is fine. Is there any other good Themes I could use for Halfling, or even Human if pack Outcast isnt the best choice. It seems like you would always switch into wolf and get +1 speed plus an increase for OAs.  

Any help on the matter would be great and thank you in advance.  
When you say "Forgotten Realms themes and backgrounds," does that mean "nothing not published specifically for FR," or "nothing specific to other settings?"  If the latter, there are some setting-neutral options that you might want to take a look at.  Revenant comes to mind, race-wise (can go DEX+CON and gets access to another race's feats).  Also, you're totally missing out on the amusement value of a pixie Desert Wind monk (maybe not as optimal as a Revenant Tiefling, but has it's own fun shenanigans).
I like Windlord for a monk theme. But pack outcast works fine too for easy CA.

For iron soul feats, here are a couple options:

Option I (my prefered way)
1. Unarmored Agility
2. Versatile Expertise
4. Sneak of Shadows
6. Novice Power (Low Slash)
8. Flurry Resounding (or Slaying Action)
10. Skill Power Enter the Crucible (or Adept Power Knock Out)
If you go human, squeeze in Cunning Stalker.

Option II (the straight forward way)
1. Unarmored Agility
2. Versatile Expertise
4. Silvery Glow
6. Crashing Tempest Style
8. Superior Implement Accurate Dagger
10. Improved Defenses
If you go human, squeeze in Cunning Stalker.
When you say "Forgotten Realms themes and backgrounds," does that mean "nothing not published specifically for FR," or "nothing specific to other settings?"  If the latter, there are some setting-neutral options that you might want to take a look at.  Revenant comes to mind, race-wise (can go DEX+CON and gets access to another race's feats).  Also, you're totally missing out on the amusement value of a pixie Desert Wind monk (maybe not as optimal as a Revenant Tiefling, but has it's own fun shenanigans).

Yes it has to be part of the Forgotten Realms themes. 

Here you go.

Ya i been there but its 3 years old now. Tons of new feats and other things have come out, along with rule changes.

Yes it has to be part of the Forgotten Realms themes.

Sarifal Feywarden is a Forgotten Realms' theme, though not in the Neverwinter book...
Just in case you're going by the original version, Pack Outcast was nerfed a while back so that you need another ally adjacent for CA. As mobile as the monk is, you will probably be able to move to flank in most of those cases, so PO really isn't that great.