- An instant says “Tap all attacking creatures, those creatures don’t untap during their controller’s untap step.” If the creatures are already tapped, does the “don’t untap” ability still affect them? Does the same apply for “Sleep” from Magic 2011?
- If a spell has two abilities and the first has no legal target, can the second affect the game (resolve) (i.e. “Untap target creature. Draw a card)?
- If two spirit creatures are dealt lethal damage at the same time, one with soulshift 4 and one with converted mana cost 3, can I use the soulshift ability on the spirit with mana cost 3 by putting that creature in the graveyard first?
- Is a land a colored permanent? I.e. is an island a blue permanent?
- If a creature that blocks another creature would be dealt lethal damage and the controller activates the ability, “Remove this creature from the game, then return it to play under its owner’s control,” what creatures are still dealt damage?
- If a creature is about to be destroyed by an instant that is on the stack, and the creature is removed from the game and returned to play before the instant resolves, will the creature still be destroyed?
- If an 8/8 creature with Deathtouch and Trample is blocked by a 0/5 creature with no abilities, is the defending player dealt 7 damage or 3 damage?
- If a creature with Deathtouch has the ability “Tap this creature: This creature deals 1 point of damage to target creature,” is that one damage from the creature with Deathtouch always lethal damage?
- Lingering Souls is a white sorcery that has a flashback ability with black in the flashback cost. When a player activates the flashback ability, is that player casting a black spell, a white spell, or both?
10. If a creature is detained, and the creature’s controller then exiles the detained creature and immediately returns it to play, is the creature still detained?
11. If three Corpsejack Menaces are under a player’s control, and he casts a spell that places three +1/+1 counters on a creature, how many counters are placed on that creature?
12. A player takes control of another player’s aura that is enchanting a creature, can that player change which creature that aura enchants?
13. Can a player “forget” to untap? If he does, can he return back to his untapped step?
14. If a creature has the ability “When this creature comes into play it deals 2 damage to target creature” and the only creature in play is itself, can the creature’s controller choose not to target anything?
15. In multi-player team vs. team, do I declare my attackers attacking just one player on the defending team or do I declare them attacking the entire team and either defending player can choose to block?
16. A player controls Urza’s Filter and casts Rakdos’s Return, which has an X in its manna cost, can the player use Urza’s Filter’s ability to add 2 towhatever is paid into X?
17. If a player controls 2 permanents with the triggered ability “extort” on them, and casts a spell, can the controller pay just 1 to activate both abilities, or does he need to pay 1 for each instance of “extort”?