Mimicking Bant

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Another one of those work days where i had time to think of a deck brew. Most likely will need work but i'm sure people can make suggestions that'll work. The idea is to ramp out to the high end and start using the mimic to clone tusk or wurm and resto angel can blink the mimic to clone something else or you can clone the angel and just blink away until you have an army. Not sure it would be competitive but it should be fun.

Creatures-25
4x avacyn's pilgrim
3x arbor elf 
4x loxodon smiter
4x restoration angel
4x thragtusk
3x vorapede 
3x progenitor mimic

Spells-11
4x farseek
4x simic charm
3x rootborn defenses

Lands-24
4x temple garden
4x sunpetal grove
4x breeding pool
4x hinterland harbor
2x alchemist's refuge
6x forest
I like it and it just seems gross if you get Mimic shananigans going. I am not too sure about gyre sage in here though, it seems to me that you already have plenty of ramp & fixing. I really like vorapede here. Alone they are very good, but the ability to make more is just scary. Also, the mimic would undy allowing you to choose another target to copy if you wanted.

Id reccomend,as of now

-2 Gyre Sage
-1 Armada Wurm

+3 Vorapede

It also has good synergy with Resto Angel. Simply having the option to blink the counter off is nice 
100th post on 5/29/12 500th post on 8/20/12
Progenitor Mimic + Trostani's Summoner... so many tokens >:3
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Progenitor Mimic + Trostani's Summoner... so many tokens >:3

While this is true, Summoner just costs too much and is too easily killed, i feel to be effective in the deck. If i were to include and 7cmc creature in the deck it would be Angel of Serenity.

100th post on 5/29/12 500th post on 8/20/12
oh I agree ^ I just think that it looks fun in casual play
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
Added in the vorapede. I'll probably have a couple acidic slime in the SB because of the fun that can be done with it in this build XD. That's the other thing i need to think about is a SB.
Sign In to post comments