The Worst of the Worst -- Neutrality

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
Neutrality
Creature - Incarnation
In addition to the declare attackers step and the declare blockers step, there is a declare neutrality step. Any player may declare any undeclared creature neutral during the declare neutrality step.
Neutrality gets +1/+1 for each neutral creature.

"The best wars are waged by those who refuse to fight."

3/3 

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Why not just "during combat, ~ gets +1/+1 for each creature that's neither attacking nor blocking"

I also think he should be mono white. 
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm in the title? Maybe...

While I have a hard time imagining what decks this card would be useful for, I can't help...
No wait. I know what this is useful for! Though oddly enough the cards that would get the best use of this are off color. Pyroclasm, Mutilate, Fling! So many ideas...
I saw your title and uttered, aloud, "I love you Pablo."

This is cute, but I'm with Metal--it doesn't seem like it adds that much. What else could you use Neutrality for? I feel like you can make this weirder...
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.
Ha ha. Yeah, this was pretty much just a way to show off my sick thread title. I'm going to have to adopt that now.

Here is a better card:

Or at least a more interesting one. . .

Apathespian Anarchoala
Creature - Beast
Haste
Each player must declare at least one attacker during his or her combat phase, if able.
At the beginning of each endstep, each creature that did not attack or block this turn loses its controller.
When Apathespian Anarchoala leaves the battlefield, return each creature to its owner's control.
Apathespian Anarchoala has +1/+1 for each creature without a controller. 

1/1

Ugh, that's ugly.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
A Fog Bank running away...
Vigean Hydropon feels the love...

and if I don't make it back tell my wife, hello...
Eager Cadet no longer feels eager to prove himself after he was discharged from the army on the very day he stepped onto the battlefield.
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
+N/+N bonus tend to last until end of turn, cause the damage can still kill the creature once it stops receiving the toughness bonus, so it doesn't make much sense in the first place. +N/+0 bonus can last only one phase though.

I think that "Whenever a creature that could attack or block doesn't, ~ gets +1/+1 until end of turn." would work. Or something similar.
"The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men."The Durai Papers

Okay, yeah, you're right. This locks stuff too much. Edited.

Apathespian Anarchoala
Creature - Beast
All creatures have haste
Each player must declare at least one attacker during his or her combat phase, if able.
At the beginning of each endstep, each creature that did not attack or block this turn loses its controller.
When Apathespian Anarchoala leaves the battlefield, return each creature to its owner's control.
Apathespian Anarchoala has +1/+1 for each creature without a controller. 

1/1

Maybe some more worst cards later.

139359831 wrote:
Why not just "during combat, ~ gets +1/+1 for each creature that's neither attacking nor blocking"

This.

I also think he should be mono white. 

Mono white? Naw, taking advantage of neutrality strikes me more as red. Replace blue with red. Do it! Do it now!

Or just do what you already did, but I kind of liked the theme of the original. So you want to be neutral, **** you! You're either with us on the War on Terror or you're against us! Prepare to be baptized by freedom!
Owner and Proprietor of the House of Trolls. God of ownership and possession.
I love the anarchy idea.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Yeah, the whole Neutrality Step thing was supposed to imply a set theme. There would be certain things, like:

Knowledge of the Neutral
Enchantment
At the beginning of each Neutrality Step draw a card.

Or "your" or whatever. Maybe.

But, it is fairly parasitic. Maybe more Time Spiral sorta fodder. 

139359831 wrote:
I don't appreciate your parody of another thread, as appropriatley titled as it is.
That's pretty cool.

Embrace imagination.

Lord of YMtC | Ten Rounds Contest Winner

Solphos – A fan set with a 'combo matters' theme

Fool's Gold – The second set of the Solphos block

Yashuryubetcha
Customer Disservice of the House of Trolls Resident Secretly Ron Paul God of Spite and Sloth
Foreign Affairs
Sorcery
Name a card in any language except English. If your opponent can say the name of the named card in English, you lose the game. Otherwise, you win the game. (Neither player may use electronic devices or books while this spell is on the stack.)
Foreign Affairs
Sorcery
Name a card in any language except English. If your opponent can say the name of the named card in English, you lose the game. Otherwise, you win the game. (Neither player may use electronic devices or books while this spell is on the stack.)

Terrible. How often do foreign affairs actually win anything?
Not sure, lol. Just had this buzzing 'round in my head when I realized I was no longer reading posts in English.
Um... When a king married off his daughter to a different country?
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Not sure, lol. Just had this buzzing 'round in my head when I realized I was no longer reading posts in English.

Then you should have gone with

ICE
Sorcery
Ask your opponent for proof of citizenship or legal residence in the US. If he cannot produce it, you win the game.

Of course, there is a counter to that strategy.

Handouts
Enchantment
If you lose the game while Handouts is in play, the winner must give you 10% of his deck (basic lands cannot be used for this purpose).
Assumptions
Instant
Look at your opponent, attempt to draw a card, then bury every card you own.
Assumptions
Instant
Look at your opponent, attempt to draw a card, then bury every card you own.

I like it!
I’ have removed content from this thread because trolling is a violation of the Code of Conduct. 

You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_...

Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks.You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively.

If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the Report Post button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.

Don't be sad, the moderation is just bad
You're learning, young Grasshopper!
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Don't feel bad, the ORCs just love violating people with rigid CoCs.
Customer Disservice of the House of Trolls Resident Secretly Ron Paul God of Spite and Sloth
Don't be sad, the moderation is just bad

It's kind of sad to see that this seems to be universal across the forums, but then again at least it's not just us that see it. Misery loves company.
Don't feel bad, the ORCs just love violating people with rigid CoCs.

Who dosen't?

Some people like being tops, some people like being bottoms. I'm not gonna judge either way.