When is next packet?

Do we have any way of knowing, or do we just keep hitting the Refresh button for weeks on end?
"Therefore, you are the crapper, I'm merely the vessel through which you crap." -- akaddk
WoTC didn't announce when the next packet would roll out.
When was the last one released before the current one?

"I am the original gangsta"

-Warlock lvl 5 at the start of the session, dead by the end.

When was the last one released before the current one?

March 20th, though there have been a few minor updates since then, mainly fixing mistakes.
So technically a new version could pop out any day now?

"I am the original gangsta"

-Warlock lvl 5 at the start of the session, dead by the end.

Often, new packets come out as a pre-cursor of a major gaming event. I'm not sure we will see anything until we get closer to Gen Con. I don't think WotC will have a major presence at Origins this June, so it would be unlikely that we would see anything in that time frame unless they are looking put out something every 2 months or so. I.E. - April, June, August...

My guess is late July at the earliest.

Check out the Owlbear blog! http://ragingowlbear.blogspot.com/

Last packets I have are dated:
08/13/12
10/29/12
12/17/12
01/28/13
03/20/13 (minor updates to it on 03/21 and 04/01)

So I would not expect anything until at least late June, unfortunately. =\
Last packets I have are dated:
08/13/12
10/29/12
12/17/12
01/28/13
03/20/13 (minor updates to it on 03/21 and 04/01)

So I would not expect anything until at least late June, unfortunately. =\

Not sure I'm following your math.  The deltas have been 11 weeks, then 7 weeks, then 6 weeks, then 7 weeks.  The average seems to be about two months, which would mean a packet in about two weeks.  Late May, not late June.
"Therefore, you are the crapper, I'm merely the vessel through which you crap." -- akaddk
I remember in one of those live chats they mentioned releasing one in May. That was before the March packet, though, and they've had a lot of new ideas since then.
My "math" was +2 months from April 1st, +bonus time for reworking the entire feat system, +leeway, +general pessimism.
My "math" was +2 months from April 1st, +bonus time for reworking the entire feat system, +leeway, +general pessimism.

Both of April's packets were minor updates to March's packet.  It should be based off of March's.

Before posting, why not ask yourself, What Would Wrecan Say?

IMAGE(http://images.onesite.com/community.wizards.com/user/marandahir/thumb/9ac5d970f3a59330212c73baffe4c556.png?v=90000)

A great man once said "If WotC put out boxes full of free money there'd still be people complaining about how it's folded." – Boraxe

It shouldn't be based on anything. It's all conjecture. I'm half-expecting WOTC to scrap the whole thing before the year is up.
I'm half-expecting WOTC to scrap the whole thing before the year is up.

Fine, with all the packets so far, and the previous editions, I can already design my own little snowflake, self-serving D&D, that is what I want, for me, so I can play it, because it's the game I like.

*throws very small tow out of the pram*
Not sure if you're making a self-deprecating joke or trying to insult me. Googling the "pram" idiom has made me even more confused.
Not sure if you're making a self-deprecating joke or trying to insult me.

Neither, just saying if they cease 5th Ed development, I have all the toys I need, and will go home with them (and build a better toy).
Does anyone really think that WotC will just up and decide to cancel 5E and leave it at that?
Does anyone really think that WotC will just up and decide to cancel 5E and leave it at that?

I don't, and I am encouraged by hearing that D&D has been made a peripheral product-line for Hasbro (I hope it's true). 

I don't, and I am encouraged by hearing that D&D has been made a peripheral product-line for Hasbro (I hope it's true). 

That's the first I've heard of that. What does that mean?

That's the first I've heard of that. What does that mean?

Less staff/sales expectations/more freedom for the designers - yes!
More freedom for the designers is good, but less staff? I don't know. But whatever makes for a better game I'm all for. It certainly looks like a better game than 4E so far, but I'm not holding my breath, as I did think that 4E looked like a pretty good game once, and experience taught me otherwise.
1) More freedom for the designers is good, but less staff?

2) I don't know. But whatever makes for a better game I'm all for. It certainly looks like a better game than 4E so far, but I'm not holding my breath, as I did think that 4E looked like a pretty good game once, and experience taught me otherwise.

1) I was thinking less corporate meddling (middlemen, etc).

2) Same here. 
Sign In to post comments