M14 Birds Of Paradise

29 posts / 0 new
Last post
So what do you think? Pretty good chance we'll see this reprinted because of all the multicolor stuff in the Ravnica block?
Pretty good chance I'm gonna start kicking some puppies if this topic keeps coming up
they might not show up
WotC wanted to phase out green fliers for a long time, and this one is the last to stick around so long

I was thinking they'd show up in RTR block, just like they were in original Rav
proud member of the 2011 community team
I wouldn't be surprised to see them in M15.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

I'm the world's leading astrophysicist. You can trust me, because I said I was.
92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
What's wrong with my formating?
you make paragraphs shorter than the page width
58280978 wrote:
Names that sam said were "the evil ones":
iamajellydonut glwiley kreewlin and every WizO
Hmm why M15 and not M14?
Because M15 will not be in Standard with Return to Ravnica.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:
I've removed content from this thread. Vulgarity is a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You can review the Code of Conduct here: company.wizards.com/conduct

Remember to keep your posts polite and on topic and refrain from using explicit language. 
I don't much care either way, if there was ever a standard environment where birds are completely redundant it's this one, there's all ready enough mana fixing for everyone to play whatever colors they want without them. Arbor Elf is effectively BoP right now anyway.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
I've removed content from this thread. Vulgarity is a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You can review the Code of Conduct here: company.wizards.com/conduct

Remember to keep your posts polite and on topic and refrain from using explicit language. 

Great job deleting my post which contained no content what so ever and actually answered the question at hand to a certain degree.

efficiencyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:
Most Likely.  It might also prevent further price inflation on dual lands...hopefully.
Most Likely.  It might also prevent further price inflation on dual lands...hopefully.

Shocklands are lower in price now than they've ever been. So, I don't think birds is going to affect their price one way or another.
People who think the price of shocks is high now crack me up.  Chase rares are now the mythic creatures and planeswalkers.  They used to be the rare lands.  Be thankful that shocklands are a now all around $10 a piece.  They used to be double that.

Shocklands are lower in price now than they've ever been. So, I don't think birds is going to affect their price one way or another.

They're still too damn expensive, besides, shocklands and saclands combos are only necessary in tri-color or more decks, otherwise, m13/innistrad taplands do the job just fine. I personally don't like to make more than two color decks.
People who think the price of shocks is high now crack me up.  Chase rares are now the mythic creatures and planeswalkers.  They used to be the rare lands.  Be thankful that shocklands are a now all around $10 a piece.  They used to be double that.

I'm not saying that the lowering in price isn't nice, but 10 dollars for a card still hurts my thrifty heart every time.
I'm not saying that the lowering in price isn't nice, but 10 dollars for a card still hurts my thrifty heart every time.

Then don't play competitive things. Play budget casual or play LoL. I still don't understand why people think this game will be cheap. No, it's not going to cost you what a house will unless you want it to, but it's also not free. If you want to be good or have an easy time, you have to invest. It's the same with literally every other hobby or passion or game. 
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:
hurrrrr durrrrrr green cant fly
because hurrrr durrrrr 
Heya everyone, here are my homebrew threads: (yes there is only one right now, but there are more to come!) And Let There Be Fish-Men: KUO-TOA
I lived through a time of $30-$40 shocklands. Now they're $5-15.

Then don't play competitive things. Play budget casual or play LoL. I still don't understand why people think this game will be cheap. No, it's not going to cost you what a house will unless you want it to, but it's also not free. If you want to be good or have an easy time, you have to invest. It's the same with literally every other hobby or passion or game. 

I'm willing to invest the money, I just have to ignore that I'm paying 10 dollars for a piece of cardboard.  And maybe take a nap after a fifty dollar purchase for a playset of lands.
I'm willing to invest the money, I just have to ignore that I'm paying 10 dollars for a piece of cardboard.  And maybe take a nap after a fifty dollar purchase for a playset of lands.

I once went to the store and got 20 £ worth of groceries for a piece of paper.

Those people were such suckers.

And buying cardboard is so much more degrading than paying the same amount for over-priced alcohol and vomiting it up and the end of the night? Or buying a suspense film that you will never watch again? Or paying for a haircut when you can just shave your head?
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:
OP- I hope not. The awkwardness  Arbor Elf provides keeps some games of standard more interesting. AE also doesn't dodge effects similar to Rolling Temblor which is nifty. I really like birds, but I feel the game could do without it for a couple more years.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
I'd dig it if they bring out something like Boreal Druid in another color.

No it won't.

why wouldn't you just use llanower elves?

Because SNOW DWARVES.
lel♯ jenk♯ ∞

92827575 wrote:
57092228 wrote:
58280978 wrote:

Llanowar Elves are Green. I meant something like:

CARD
Creature - Thing
: Add to your mana pool. Drawback effect.
1/1    
I really hope Birds of Paradise come back - if Wizards don't like the fact that they fly then make a Paradise Spider instead, I don't care. I just want something better than Arbor Elf. Sure, he's not bad but there are times where he's basically useless (no forests in play).

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

Mana Birds are a million times better than Arbor Elves, in this Standard or any.

IMAGE(http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg152/jdealer90/RandomAnimal.jpg)

Mana Birds are a million times better than Arbor Elves, in this Standard or any.

^^This.

The fact is comparing a Common to a Rare is usually not the best idea when they fill a similar role.  I remember reading a comment that basically said "BoP; the most Bolted creature in MTG."  This is probably true.  They are one of the oldest and still best mana ramp creatures out there if you're running multiple colours.  They are only slightly overshadowed by Deathrite Shaman and even then, only in formats where everyone and their sister is running 8-10+ Fetch Lands in every non-mono coloured deck.  The only reason I don't want them in M14 is it may drive the prices up, lol.  End rant.
Sign In to post comments