Neverwinter (videogame)

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Been playing a bit in the new Neverwinter game open Beta.

I found it quite fun and enjoyable, especially if played with friends. Gameplay is solid, producion is accomplished, and the 'F2P' aspect doesn't get in the way pestering you for spending money.

Combat has a 4e feel to it, with 2 spammable at-wills (mappend on mouse buttons), 3 encounter powers (short cooldowns) and 2 daily powers, which work like this:    

Neverwinter will be based on a modified version of the Dungeons & Dragons 4th edition rules set. This will include the use of healing powers and action points, the latter of which will be implemented through a system referred to as Dailies, allowing a player to perform an extra special ability upon accumulating enough action points through combat.

Suprisingly that's pretty much how we get them to work in our 4e campaign: community.wizards.com/uskglass/blog/2013...
I have heard there are very few servers and it takes forever to get on. Is any of that true?
First day had a 4k queue (that occassionaly jumps to 148k because of an issue with their overflow), but since then I've had no dramas getting on and am ENTIRELY ABLE TO STOP PLAYING MY ROGUE AT ANY TIME.

<_<
I have heard there are very few servers and it takes forever to get on. Is any of that true?

It was dreadful on day1. Now I can get in without problems. No queues at all.

Will see how it goes tonight.

Btw, playing a Cleric myself and I find it refreshing not being relegated to be an healbot clicking on bars.     
Cool, hopefully my CPU isnt too ancient for it
Combat feels good, having fun playing it. Definitely wish they had more classes. I know they're making more, but heres hoping they don't go the route of DDO and force you to unlock them.
Want my Fighter Brawler, Battlemind, and Drood! 
Combat feels good, having fun playing it. Definitely wish they had more classes. I know they're making more, but heres hoping they don't go the route of DDO and force you to unlock them.
Want my Fighter Brawler, Battlemind, and Drood! 

I suspect they will want players to PAY for them. Game is F2P, it needs to make revenues somehow.
Devs have said new classes will be free.  The drow will be free when they're released, but we'll see if other races follow suit.

Honestly, with all the Nightmare spam I get, I think PWE is cleaning up on Enchanted Key sales.  I myself have bought a few, as well as a bag and two or three bank upgrades for my cleric. 
I am not really a fan of Cryptic but I must say I thought they did a reasonable job of getting the game to feel like D&D4. That may be pure illusion, based upon the existance of At-Wills, Encounter and Daily powers, but then ... its all about the illusion in the end.

Anyway, it feels more like D&D4 than Champions Online felt like Hero System.  So thats good.
Sign In to post comments