Gruul Ramp Deck

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello, here is a deck Im brewing for DGM.  I have been running Gruul aggro for about a month and have done very well with it considering I just started magic a month ago.  I have grown a bit weary of the play style tho, its a little to mindless for me.   So I am planning on spicing the deck up with some ramp action to get some big creatures out quick while keeping some of my little guys to get some swings in and try to waste removal heres the deck list

Heres the plan of deck.

Get mana dorks out fast and get some quick 3 drops out with madcap skills.  These creatures are to try and force some removal from your oppenant.  Then play into Savage born Hydra with your ramp to boost the hell out of it with a ton of counters along with kessig wolf run for trample and blast them to finish them off.  Ruric thar is in there as well to help deal some damage for spells but im a bit iffy on him.  Hell riders and ghor clans are obvious 4 drop choices  Blood rush on savage born is perfect and hell rider is some great guaranteed damage.  Spears are for removal and finishers as well.  

I have no sideboard yet so I need help there.  Also I want some suggestions on the creatures involved I think there may be some better configurations to get the best ramp possible and finishers.

WHat do you guys think>? 
You need to run arbor elf if you want to go ramp. Also i would consider running burning-tree emissary since you can play her and the druid in the same turn so as to keep up your board presence. Actually now i have to make a thread with the list i've been thinking of since i saw the druid lol.
Yea good call on Arbor elf

I am not sure about burning tree tho, 12 mana dorks seems like a lot.  

What do you think of the Ruric THar? Good or bad? 
I would cut the sages for the arbor elves, not sure how reliable they would be evolving. Ruric is going to be good if he resolves. Also hellriders are for aggro decks, you want to have something like huntmaster of the fells, thragtusk or vorapede in that spot.
I would cut the sages for the arbor elves, not sure how reliable they would be evolving. Ruric is going to be good if he resolves. Also hellriders are for aggro decks, you want to have something like huntmaster of the fells, thragtusk or vorapede in that spot.

Ah, I like vorpede a lot so I will add him in.

Thanks!