Crypt Ghast and Army of the Damned.

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
So when Innistrad came out, obviously Army of the Damned was really expensive to play, but with Crypt Ghast now out, it seems like on turn 4 you could play this card no problem in a mono-black deck.  As long as you have even just 1 to pump your black mana, its only 8 mana total, and if you had the 4 to play Crypt Ghast, he'll make that 8, just enough to play Army of the Damned.  Best part is if you get another swamp for your next draw, you can flashback it :D

Has anyone tried this and seen how it works? It seems like it could be kind of fun.
crypt ghast is out on his own when it comes to mana generation
black can produce large amounts of mana but not over a continuous basis
so Crypt ghast can't be built around

that said
  he certainly fills a slot for dark ritual effects

black can throw a reasonably dependable mana curve with
4 permanent mana boosters and 4 temporary mana boosters

extort that's a handy extra cost the ghast can cover

maybe a green black ramp deck

"some stones should be left unturned" ~Urlock
Green/Black Ramp would work. My first deck was green black ramp

Maybe.

Maybe a white/black deck with Cathars' Crusade maybe? Could be really strong.

Maybe.

Maybe a white/black deck with Cathars' Crusade maybe? Could be really strong.

That seems like overkill. 13 2/2s is going to win you the game the turn they attack anyway, making them massive would only be helpful if you're playing around Pyroclasm or something.

Bro, do you even Autocard?

Autocarding: [c]Cryptic Command[/c] = Cryptic Command

Showing somebody how to autocard: [c[b][/b]]Cryptic Command[/c] = [c]Cryptic Command[/c] = Cryptic Command

this thread has spawned a deck in my head using army of the damned with suture priest, blood artist and vault of the archangel....if it works like it does in my head i would like to say thanks
this thread has spawned a deck in my head using army of the damned with suture priest, blood artist and vault of the archangel....if it works like it does in my head i would like to say thanks

Again, I must ask: How many ways do you need to improve upon thirteen 2/2s? Unless there's a single, efficient card out there that causes the zombies to enter play untapped with haste, there's really no point in planning for anything past attacking with your army. 

Bro, do you even Autocard?

Autocarding: [c]Cryptic Command[/c] = Cryptic Command

Showing somebody how to autocard: [c[b][/b]]Cryptic Command[/c] = [c]Cryptic Command[/c] = Cryptic Command

every other source of death touch cost 2 or less

the vault cost 5

handy as an indestructable option but not worth paying for to add to my deck

anyone need a Renounce the Guilds ?

"some stones should be left unturned" ~Urlock