Tutor Cycle

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can you believe the following Tutor cycle hasn't been printed

Heavenly Scroll
Sorcery
Search your library for a white card and put that card into your hand. Then shuffle your library.

Knowledgeable Scroll 
Sorcery
Search your library for a blue card and put that card into your hand. Then shuffle your library.

Demonic Scroll 
Sorcery
Search your library for a black card and put that card into your hand. Then shuffle your library.

Charred Scroll 
Sorcery
Search your library for a red card and put that card into your hand. Then shuffle your library.

Verdant Scroll 
Sorcery
Search your library for a green card and put that card into your hand. Then shuffle your library.

It's so unbelievably basic, why has it never happened before?
Because different tutor cycles have been printed that actually reflect the color pie. These just reflect the color, not the nature of each color. Why isn't black making a sacrifice to get a better effect than the others? Why isn't red being reckless?

They make sense, but they're kind of a bland meta-reference to color. An actual Blue Mage isn't aware that they're in a game looking for a spell that is literally the color blue.
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.
Because different tutor cycles have been printed that actually reflect the color pie. These just reflect the color, not the nature of each color. Why isn't black making a sacrifice to get a better effect than the others? Why isn't red being reckless? They make sense, but they're kind of a bland meta-reference to color. An actual Blue Mage isn't aware that they're in a game looking for a spell that is literally the color blue.

Its called a cycle. There is nothing unbelievably black about the mechanic on Vault of Whispers, but its there to complete the cycle because doing so is logical.

Also INB4 "blue one is OP".
What? Vault of whispers is a land, that isn't a good example.
What? Vault of whispers is a land, that isn't a good example.

Its got a black "colour identity." Same difference. You're telling me this cycle would be OK if they were 2 mana artifacts that tapped, saccrificed, and paid one mana of their colour, to get their effect, but not as is? 
I have no idea what you are talking about, land cycles are land cycles, it doesn't matter what color they add, they don't need abilities of their color or whatever.
I have no idea what you are talking about, land cycles are land cycles, it doesn't matter what color they add, they don't need abilities of their color or whatever.

Cycles are cycles, too. Black (one of the normal "tutor colours") isn't going to have a spell that searches for a red. So you make a cycle that does. Which makes sense, because its a cycle, and cycles are supposed to bleed mechanics from one colour to another when it makes sense (like with this). Otherwise its useless. 

Huh?

Do you think this are halfway useful, btw?

Huh?

It was a joke. 

Do you think this are halfway useful, btw?

Idk, I feel like they should be instants. 
cycles are supposed to bleed mechanics from one colour to another when it makes sense (like with this).

[citation needed]

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.
I think we've all missed the real problem with these cards: They're boring. I mean really. These just aren't interesting. At all.

Hell, I'll make them more interesting right now.

Each one doesn't get anything of its own color, just its allied colors. Boom, more interesting.

I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see. -Alice

cycles are supposed to bleed mechanics from one colour to another when it makes sense (like with this).

[citation needed]

www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.a...

[citation needed]

Written by mark rosewater in 2002. Yeah okay.

[citation needed]

Written by mark rosewater in 2002. Yeah okay.

Weighing evidence's credibility only works when you have some evidence of your own. 
I have no desire to convince you either way. All that matters is that I know that I'm right.
I have no desire to convince you either way. All that matters is that I know that I'm right.

You're right in that a very obvious concept (that cycles allow bleeding between colours) needs to be repeated every few years in order to maintain its legitimacy? 
When did I ever say that? Never. Cycles don't need color bleeding. All I said is that lands are an exception to cycle rules beacause all lands do the same thing. (Lands that only make mana I mean)
Regardless of their other differences, all five colors can agree to help out their own color and screw over the enemy colors.
I feel that I should point out the reason there's nothing "black" about Vault of Whispers is because it isn't black.
Etiamnunc sto, etiamsi caelum ruat.