Case Study in Dementia: Time Splitter

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Time Splitter
Creature - Viashino Wizard
Double Strike
: Time Splitter gets +X/+0 until end of turn, where X is its power. Activate this ability no more times than the number of instances of Double Strike ~ has.
1/2
Once you figure out how to cut the time in half, cutting everything else in half becomes remarkably easy. 

The ugly X, Y wording is stupid, I should just be able to say "Double Time Splitter's power"

Thank you Mown for the imporved wording. 
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Congratulations, they have activated your trap card!
I herd u like win-more.

"~ gets +X/+0 until end of turn, where X is its power. Activate this ability no more times than the number of instances of Double Strike ~ has."

I think?

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Mown is better than you.
I herd u like win-more.

"~ gets +X/+0 until end of turn, where X is its power. Activate this ability no more times than the number of instances of Double Strike ~ has."

I think?

Eh, sounds good to me.

And this is my answer to the triple strike problem, except triple strike is stupid and this answers the quadratic strike problem. 
"I think me going Bang bang bang I win is pretty intuitive" Mafia Record: Wouldn't you like to know? 2011 Mafia Awards - Mastermind of the Year
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Moriok Rigger does absolutely nothing to boost other riggers. You are incorrect.
Moriok Rigger is not a Rigger in print. Only in Errata WHAT NOW! (yes, I did put that phrase in for that exact reason)
Rage Reflection FTW! :D

All cards I make have artists credited in the appropriate places. Artist names in "quotes" are DeviantArt usernames unless otherwise mentioned.

"I play a Grave Betrayal. I get all your dead things now, mwahahahaha!"
"Okay. I play a Phage the Untouchable. Piss me off and I will sac it."
"... ... ... so guys, remind me again how to sac my own enchantments?"

I like that it's red, is a Viashino, and is doing time magic. Viashinos have been flanderized into drooling lizard men recently, along with red as a whole. Ugh, the color pie is useful but sometimes people take it to such monotone (ahah.) extremes.

Anyway, the bottom line is: I like the flavor of this a LOT. I think it fits well within red's color pie without seeming cliche, and I think mechanically it's very intriguing (especially now that Mown has had his way with it).
Coming Soon to the Magic: Expanded Multiverse: FRAGMENTS: A Shards of Alara Anthology
(Click through to view the cover and announcement page)Want to get your work in the Expanded Multiverse? Come join the project! Oh, and check out my blog, Storming the Ivory Tower: making sense of academia, media, and culture twice weekly.

Thank you Mown for the imporved wording. 

hurr irony
especially now that Mown has had his way with it.

I get all kinds of strange images, and I'm curiously comfortable with most of them.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

I agree with everything Keeper said. It's flavorful, clever, and it makes my inner Johnny itch. Nominating for card of the week.

You know what, I originally made this a Viashino because I was trying to think of a non-goblin red tribe that would dabble with time (and Viashino is one of the sentient races red has, and are also aggresive). However, now that I think about it, this guy closely resembles a character from the novel Death Star, which I really enjoyed reading.
mymoment
\
57817638 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
88318561 wrote:
58060728 wrote:
Well, the card is cool, but it's also very powerful with pump. I mean, with just a Giant Growth it's 4/5 -> 8/5 with double strike. That's 16 points of damage. + Assault strobe it's 16/5 with double strike. And both cards can be replaced.

And alone it's just a Hearthfire Hobgoblin which is not bad either.
"The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men."The Durai Papers

Probably needs to cost 4, there's no 2/2 with double strike for three without requiring things.
Sign In to post comments