jund or G/B?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
jund or G/B midrange/aggro? I like the power you can get from jund but I also like the ease of mana base from just going g/b, so I'm kinda stuck.

jund-

g/b-
[deck]
4 arbor elf
4 dryad militant
3 deathright shaman
4 slitherhead
3 dreg mangler
3 lotleth troll
3 varolz, the scar stripped

3 mulch
3 grisly salvage
1 appetite for brains
1 duress
2 ghoulcaller's chant
2 bump in the night

4 overgrown tomb
4 woodland cemetery
8 swamp
8 forest

sideboard
3 grafdigger's cage
3 crypt incursion
3 tresured find
3 drown in filth
3 victim of night
[/deck]

I think that the jund list would be quicker and more aggressive but the g/b list may be more resilient. what do you think what might you suggest?
I'd say go with the Jund deck.  Vexing Devil works great with Varolz, the Scar-Striped, and the other cards work well, too.  However, regardless of which deck you decide on, get rid of Arbor Elf.  You're running so little mana that the mana boost isn't entirely necessary.  Bump in the Night or Deathrite Shaman may work better.
I think you're right I will test the build with the elves and then with slumbering dragon as an awesome scavenge target or a great counters target

thanks
I'd say go with the Jund deck.  Vexing Devil works great with Varolz, the Scar-Striped, and the other cards work well, too.  However, regardless of which deck you decide on, get rid of Arbor Elf.  You're running so little mana that the mana boost isn't entirely necessary.  Bump in the Night or Deathrite Shaman may work better.

I actually kind of like the idea of using both deathrite and bump, just think you'd get 5 damage for only 2 mana that way. I might have to make a BUG list and throw in snapcaster mage as well.
Sign In to post comments