D&D News: Neverwinter Opening Cinematic

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
D&D News
Neverwinter Opening Cinematic

By D&D Team

The most anticipated free MMORPG of 2013, Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter, is officially in Open Beta. Join millions of other adventurers in the Forgotten Realms as they combat beasts and vile creatures on Faerûn to defend the city of Neverwinter against Valindra Shadowmantle and other iconic creatures in Dungeons & Dragons.

Talk about this news here. 

Article Header Image 
I enjoy the clarifier in the bold claim of being "most anticipated". It's the Most Anticipated free MMORPG of 2013. Because Elder Scrolls Online, PhantasyStar Online 2, FFXIV, and even the Marvel game might steal Neverwinter's thunder. 

The cinematic... yeah that's a whole lot of needless action. Woo hoo, people doing cool things that I'll never be able to do. Wheee. At least it kinda sorta establishes the main villain and the events going on during the initial tutorial mission. 

5 Minute WorkdayMy Webcomic Updated Tue & Thur

The compilation of my Worldbuilding blog series is now available: 

Jester David's How-To Guide to Fantasy Worldbuilding.

I actually really enjoyed the opening cinematic, enjoying the game too...just an awful shame about the developers charging so much and trying to wring every bit of money out of everyone possible (even charging players in Europe way more for founder's packs and claiming it's because of VAT...Sorry to tell them but their maths is VERY wrong if that's the case)
I'm really enjoying the game. It has been very fun so far. Specifically, I like how you can advance in the game by only playing Foundry quests (Adventures designed by players). 
Matt James Freelance Game Designer Loremaster.org

Follow me on Twitter!
I thought the cinematic was rather bad, to be honest, and the voice actoring (so far at least) has been terrible.  That aside, I am enjoying the game and haven't felt the need to spend real money on anything ;)
Sign In to post comments