New Eberron Adventure Coming in Dungeon 214

9 posts / 0 new
Last post

In Dungeon 213 Coming Next Month's section is a new Eberron adventure that will be published in Dungeon 214 called Dark Lantern for characters of levels 6–8 that look quite interesting!

DARK LANTERN
By Craig Campbell
An agent of the King’s Dark Lanterns has stolen
a cache of gold from the Brelish exchequer. Hunt
him down, retrieve the gold, and thwart whatever
else the rogue agent is plotting. A D&D® Eberron®
adventure for characters of levels 6–8.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Hmmm ... perhaps easily tied in to a certain DL agent that appears at the end of Seekers of the Ashen Crown? Which my game is getting close to wrapping up! Nice timing!
Let me edit that description

"retrieve the gold, steal it, and spend the next 6 levels running away from authorities..."

Salla, on minions: I typically use them as encounter filler. 'I didn't quite fill out the XP budget, not enough room left for a decent near-level monster ... sprinkle in a few minions'. Kind of like monster styrofoam packing peanuts.
Ooo! More Eberron adventures! Huzzah! I haven't bothered reading Dungeon or Dragon in a while, because there's always something about the Realms in there, which is a waste of space as far as I'm concerned.

Gold is for the mistress, silver for the maid

Copper for the craftsman, cunning at his trade.

"Good!" said the Baron, sitting in his hall,

"But Iron -- Cold Iron -- is master of them all." -Kipling

Miss d20 Modern? Take a look at Dias Ex Machina Game's UltraModern 4e!

57019168 wrote:
I am a hero, not a chump.
This sounds very Whisper of the Vampire's Blade.  This is not a bad thing.

Vampire Class/Feat in 2013!

I prefer Next because 4E players and CharOpers can't find their ass without a grid and a power called "Find Ass."

Ooo! More Eberron adventures! Huzzah! I haven't bothered reading Dungeon or Dragon in a while, because there's always something about the Realms in there, which is a waste of space as far as I'm concerned.

Same here. Eberron is the only reason I'm keeping the subscription, and considering the conspicious lack of "Eye on Eberron" features in the past few months, I've been considering cancelling/not renewing. I don't mind the Realms - it does have its fans and I used to be one of them before Eberron came along - but it's not something that interests me personally.

My Eberron Characters. Commissions by various artists on Deviant Art.

Same for me. Only buy the insider because of the eberron content and the lack of the eoe articles is very disappointing.
Hi everybody. I don't know if you are aware of it, but Keith Baker posted this in December:
"In gloomier news, the current issue of Dragon marks the final installment of the Eye on Eberron series. It is my hope that Eberron will continue to be supported in D&D Next, but I don’t have any news on that front" (keith-baker.com/have-a-gloomy-holiday/).
I think that all of us who love Eberron should contact WoTC and request them to continue supporting Eberron. If they see that some of us will pay for Eberron content they will likely think about it. I have written Mr. Mearls and others from the staff via Twitter about this. 
Thanks for the news. I had read this, but was caught up in the hope that they would simply replace EoE with another feature - like Expeditionary Dispatches or Backdrops. A rose by any other name, in fact. Apparently, that hope was vain, though I guess I knew it would be. 

Who would it be best to contact? I do not have twitter; is Customer Service the address to write to, or is there a more appropriate one? 

My Eberron Characters. Commissions by various artists on Deviant Art.