Jund (Rakdos + Gruul)

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
i really liked the deck i played at the prerelease so i modified it when i got home:

Creatures

Spells
[deck]4 deviant glee
4 rite of passage[/deck]

not worried about lands, i can handle that on my own

theres obviously some +1/+1 counter love, especially with crowned ceratok. plenty of 1 drops to start off, then lots of other creatures to pop down, bloodrush, and then scavenge. i like rite of passage because i intend for my creatures to survive combat and this just makes them stronger (and gives counters to those without em). carnage gladiator is a cool card imo, punishes for blocking, and that's all your opponent's will be doing once you bloodrush for the first time :P

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
Sooo what do u want us to do with this?

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/12.jpg)

Sooo what do u want us to do with this?

attack.

198732583 wrote:
How well? Cuz right now it's kinda...janky, as far as Jund is concerned

How well? Cuz right now it's kinda...janky, as far as Jund is concerned

the only thing i'd consider adding at this point would be more haste, otherwise this deck has a great mid game. a few one drops give some pressure on the first turns, followed by a few 3 drops. the game really doesn't explode until turn 4 with crowned ceratok

janky? yeah...but it's fun to play

198732583 wrote:
Simic Initiate is effectively just "give a creature a +1/+1 counter" for , and only when a creature ETBs after it, so it's not the good or flexible.

Rite of Passage shouldn't do a whole lot, unless you're able to somehow damage your creatures for small amounts that won't kill them, in order to fatten them up a bit. Typically, if someone damages one of your creatures, they'll know they can do enough to kill it.

Beyond that, it's a pretty typical aggro deck. You probably want to include some removal - burn would be good, as it can double as finishers if your opponent is getting low on health. You probably also want to remove some of the four drops - so that you get more hands with more early threats - those are what you want to be playing out fast and often. You don't want to be staring at too many opening hands with multiple 4 drops in an aggressive deck.
I'm all about super-control in MTG. If you're able to stop my shenanigans, then there aren't enough shenanigans. Lv 1 Judge Current Decklists Sweeping Beauty (Casual) A Vision of Clones (Casual) Coming soon... more decks! :-O
Rite of Passage shouldn't do a whole lot, unless you're able to somehow damage your creatures for small amounts that won't kill them, in order to fatten them up a bit. Typically, if someone damages one of your creatures, they'll know they can do enough to kill it.

bloodrush

Beyond that, it's a pretty typical aggro deck. You probably want to include some removal - burn would be good, as it can double as finishers if your opponent is getting low on health. You probably also want to remove some of the four drops - so that you get more hands with more early threats - those are what you want to be playing out fast and often. You don't want to be staring at too many opening hands with multiple 4 drops in an aggressive deck.

i was trying to find some 2 drops that fit the concept of this deck but didn't quite find any :/ but ill definitely look some more and lessen the more expensive creatures

198732583 wrote:
Jund isn't a super aggressive deck. It plays a lot of burn, removal, and hand disrupton to back up efficient early drops, keeping the opponent constantly struggling to balance.

Right now it's Jund colors, but doesn't have any Jund action.

Jund isn't a super aggressive deck. It plays a lot of burn, removal, and hand disrupton to back up efficient early drops, keeping the opponent constantly struggling to balance. Right now it's Jund colors, but doesn't have any Jund action.

i was advised in previous threads to title the thread of the colors of the deck...so this is what i did. otherwise i would've just said rakdos/gruul. and yes, it isn't very jund at all, i didn't really want it to be

198732583 wrote:
my insect deck used to be three colors grb

I switched to gb and got board with it
NO WAR

Sivitri Scarzam rose to challenge the Craw Wurm but was slain by Durkwood Boars.

Liliana emergent

Ok. Id drop exava, total garbage.

Right now Jund Zombies is still a good deck. Low curve, falkenrath aristocrat to finish. Add in abrupt decay, searing spear, rancor, and revenge of the hunted for a surprise finisher and mow out the opponent

Sign In to post comments