Playtest character proofreading please.

My DM told us last week if we wanted we could make our own characters instead of using the premade ones. I'm kinda new to filling everything out and doing the math myself (Damned you Character Builder and HeroLab) so I'm not sure if I got everything right on this. If I read the human ability modifier correct, then all my stats start out at 9? Also not sure if my hit points are high enough, I did 7+con modifer after level 1. Anyways here's a scan of the relevent portion of my character sheet. IMAGE(http://i.imgur.com/lTHQUHO.jpg?1)
What stat method are you using?  Here are the options:
To begin, you generate ability scores randomly. Roll four 6-sided dice and record the total of the highest three rolls on a piece of scratch paper. Do this five more times, so that you have six numbers. In step 4, you will assign these numbers to your character’s ability scores.

If you want to save time or don’t like the idea of randomly determining ability scores, you can assign a standard set of scores to your character’s abilities: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8.

Then there's this option:

Start with an 8 in all six ability scores, then spend 27 points to improve them. The cost of raising a score from 8 to a higher number is shown below. (table omitted because it didn't copy and paste nicely)

Whichever one you choose, add your +1 to each score after you assign them.  So if you're using the 3rd option, start with all 8's, then spend your 27 points to raise them as desired, and then add +1 to each.

"Therefore, you are the crapper, I'm merely the vessel through which you crap." -- akaddk
Oh ok, yeah I used the 27 point system. So Let's say I raised my stats to as follows Str: 17 Dex: 14 Con: 14 Int: 9 Wis: 9 Char: 8 I would then apply +1 to each and get a total of 18 Dex: 15 Con: 15 Int: 10 Wis: 10 Char: 9?
Oh ok, yeah I used the 27 point system. So Let's say I raised my stats to as follows Str: 17 Dex: 14 Con: 14 Int: 9 Wis: 9 Char: 8 I would then apply +1 to each and get a total of 18 Dex: 15 Con: 15 Int: 10 Wis: 10 Char: 9?

If you managed to get those stats, then yes, that is how you would add your human bonus. However, you wouldn't be able to get those stats in the first place, because you can't buy a 17 with the point buy system.

Let me look over your character sheet... hm, looks like you're about to get a whole bunch of +1's.

First, your hit points are fine.

Technically, your Charisma should be 9, but you'll probably never notice the difference. Otherwise, your ability scores are fine.

Your armor class should be 16, which comes from 10 base + 3 (Dexterity modifier) + 3 (Constitution modifier). I'm assuming that  - like all proper barbarians - your dude doesn't wear armor.

You should have +7 to hit with that greataxe, which comes from + 4 (strength) + 2 (barbarian attack bonus) + 1 (+1 greataxe). Notice that your barbarian's attack bonus increased when he reached level 4.

You obviously noticed that javelins are finesse weapons. What you didn't notice is that while you CAN use Dexterity in place of Strength for a finesse weapon, you don't have to if your Strength is better. If you use Strength, and account for your increased attack bonus, those javelins would have a total of +6 to hit and +4 damage.
I'm confused, why would I not be allowed to buy a 17? And thank you for noticing the missing +1's:P
I'm confused, why would I not be allowed to buy a 17? And thank you for noticing the missing +1's:P

Because it costs you 9 of the 27 points to go from an 8 to a 15. The table doesn't give you the option to spend more than 9 points to go above 15 for an ability.
Ahh, ok. So technically I would be able to point buy a 17-16-16-9-9-9 starting from 15-15-15-8-8-8 with the human ability modifier and the barbarian class ability modifer
Yes, if you chose to go 15,15,15,8,8,8. That's just one option though as you can buy the points in any way you want, as long as you follow the table and don't spend more than 27 points to increase the scores.