Equipment Color Protection and Boomerang

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Quick question on equipment: if a creature has equipped a Sword of Body and Mind, and has protection from blue, can a player target the equipment via boomerang, or other such spell and put the equipment back in the owner's hand? Or does the creature by way of its new protection from blue allow the equipment to not be targeted? 
The equipment only gives the creature protection, not itself.

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.

In other words, yes. They can do that.

Level 3 DCI Judge Mission Viejo, CA

if it protected itself, it would say so (Diplomatic Immunity)

DCI Certified Judge & Goth/Industrial/EBM/Indie/Alternative/80's-Wave DJ
DJ Vortex

DCI Certified Judge since July 13, 2013
DCI #5209514320

My Wife's Makeup Artist Page <-- cool stuff - check it out

Thanks all...
One more question in the same Sword of Body and Mind vein....thinking about using a Guardian of the Guildpact to sneak through a blue mill deck that is wall heavy, can I equip the Sword of Body and Mind since it uses colorless mana, or is this considered mono-colored...?
Most artifacts are colorless. Protection from monocolored does not prevent colorless permanents, spells or sources from affecting the Guardian.

All of the cards in the "Sword cycle" are colorless.

Rules Advisor from 8-26-09 to 1-31-14 (haven't been able to attend any FNMs or prereleases for 18 months now, no sense maintaining RA status)
Joined the crowd and got an Avatar from zammm's Avatar Workshop on 5-6-2012

That "Dual Colors" personality test thing
IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20806.jpg)

I am Black/Green

Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!

Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

Oh, but wait, there were multiple answers that fit my thoughts to some questions. What colors did they say I was?

IMAGE(http://stat.rumandmonkey.com/tests/1/6/5261/20801.jpg)

I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.

One more question in the same Sword of Body and Mind vein....thinking about using a Guardian of the Guildpact to sneak through a blue mill deck that is wall heavy, can I equip the Sword of Body and Mind since it uses colorless mana, or is this considered mono-colored...?

Monocolored means "one color." Artifacts are typically zero colors, so you can attach them to Guardian of the Guildpact.

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.

You guys rule, thanks.