Tajic, Weapon with Mass Destruction

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Deck inspired by the how much sweeping is enough thread, I figured I would use Tajik's indestructibility as a commander to repeatedly clear the board with little repercussion to me. He probably would make a great commander to Voltron with, but that approach really isn't what I'm aiming for right now. Haven't physically bought all the cards (or traded commanders as I have most of the cards for it anyway, but they are being used in other decks)

1 x Legion Loyalist
1 x Knight of the White Orchid
1 x Sunhome Guildmage
1 x Boros Reckoner
1 x Frontline Medic
1 x Pyrewild Shaman
1 x Squee, Goblin Nabob
1 x Firewing Phoenix
1 x Summoner's Egg
1 x Jiwari, the Earth Aflame
1 x Mageta the Lion
1 x Magma Phoenix
1 x Manor Gargoyle
1 x Shard Phoenix
1 x Stuffy Doll
1 x Crater Hellion
1 x Darksteel Sentinel
1 x Godo, Bandit Warlord
1 x Homura, Human Ascendant
1 x Ryusei, the Falling Star
1 x Skarrgan Firebird
1 x Ashen Firebeast
1 x Avacyn, Angel of Hope
1 x Myojin of Cleansing Fire
1 x Scourge of Kher Ridges
1 x Skullclamp
1 x Lightning Greaves
1 x Mask of Avacyn
1 x Nim Deathmantle
1 x Swiftfoot Boots
1 x Darksteel Plate
1 x Loxodon Warhammer
1 x Sunforger
1 x Tenza, Godo's Maul
1 x Deathrender
1 x Shield of Kaldra
1 x Armillary Sphere
1 x Boros Signet
1 x Boros Cluestone
1 x Chromatic Lantern
1 x Darksteel Ingot
1 x Quicksilver Amulet
1 x Citanul Flute
1 x Eldrazi Monument
1 x Gilded Lotus
1 x Legion's Initiative
1 x Pyrohemia
1 x Assemble the Legion
1 x Argivian Find
1 x Condemn
1 x Swords to Plowshares
1 x Tithe
1 x Boros Charm
1 x Oblation
1 x Orim's Thunder
1 x Rootborn Defenses
1 x Return to Dust
1 x Warleader's Helix
1 x Wild Ricochet
1 x Martial Coup
1 x Day of Judgment
1 x Wrath of God
1 x Phyrexian Rebirth
1 x Hour of Reckoning
1 x Blasphemous Act
1 x Battlefield Forge
1 x Boros Garrison
1 x Boros Guildgate
1 x Clifftop Retreat
1 x Command Tower
1 x Emeria, the Sky Ruin
1 x Kjeldoran Outpost
1 x Mistveil Plains
1 x Mountain
3 x Plains
1 x Sacred Foundry
1 x Slayers' Stronghold
1 x Sunhome, Fortress of the Legion

Squee, Pyrewild Shaman, and the Pheonixes are mosty there to be fed to Mageta. I thought about Magus of the Disk, but because he destroys my Artifacts and Enchantments, nixed the idea.

Thoughts?

I am White/Green
I am White/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

I am both orderly and instinctive. I value community and group identity, defining myself by the social group I am a part of. At best, I'm selfless and strong-willed; at worst, I'm unoriginal and mindless.

My Current EDH Decks: Rhys the Redeemed Token Elves | Wort, Boggart Auntie R/B Goblins | Brion Stoutarm | Rakdos, Lord of Riots | Tajic, Weapon with Mass Destruction | Jor-Kadeen the Prevailer | Melek, Izzet Paragon | Heliod Enchantments | Prossh Tokens and Sac | Captain Sisay Legendary Toolbox Beatdown | Marath Beast Tribal | Marath Token Combos | Horde of Notions Elemental Tribal | Zirilian Mono Red Dragon Tribal

Yes... I have 14 built decks used regularly, including 3 Boros Colored Decks. Don't judge me. =P

Mobilization keeps your indestructable boss available as a blocker, and is a good mana sink for when you want to sit on your hand, though it does somewhat overlap with assemble the legion.
Mobilization keeps your indestructable boss available as a blocker, and is a good mana sink for when you want to sit on your hand, though it does somewhat overlap with assemble the legion.

That was a card I had on my list originally. It does have some synergy with ATL, giving those tokens vigilance as well. Guess my biggest question was what to take out for it. I'm thinking maybe Deathrender or Knight of the White Orchid. 

Changes I will make to the original list as soon as I can get to a computer:

-1 Plains
+1 Forbidding Watchtower

- Boros Cluestone
+ Boros Keyrune

- Deathrender
+Mobilization

Thoughts on adding the other Kaldra pieces for a Battlion Buddy in the event of removal or buff Tajic solo? 

I am White/Green
I am White/Green

I am both orderly and instinctive. I value community and group identity, defining myself by the social group I am a part of. At best, I'm selfless and strong-willed; at worst, I'm unoriginal and mindless.

My Current EDH Decks: Rhys the Redeemed Token Elves | Wort, Boggart Auntie R/B Goblins | Brion Stoutarm | Rakdos, Lord of Riots | Tajic, Weapon with Mass Destruction | Jor-Kadeen the Prevailer | Melek, Izzet Paragon | Heliod Enchantments | Prossh Tokens and Sac | Captain Sisay Legendary Toolbox Beatdown | Marath Beast Tribal | Marath Token Combos | Horde of Notions Elemental Tribal | Zirilian Mono Red Dragon Tribal

Yes... I have 14 built decks used regularly, including 3 Boros Colored Decks. Don't judge me. =P

I love the idea and am looking to make a similar deck to replace my Brion Stoutarm deck that just doesn't work the way I want it to.

Some suggestions that I'm looking at:
Worldslayer - A must!
Angelic Overseer - Awesome with Tajic!
Aurelia's Fury - Great multipurpose card
Fight to the Death
Creepy Doll
Aegis Angel
Deathless Angel
Konda, Lord of Eiganjo
That Which Was Taken
Transcendent Master
I love the idea and am looking to make a similar deck to replace my Brion Stoutarm deck that just doesn't work the way I want it to.

Some suggestions that I'm looking at:
Worldslayer - A must!
Angelic Overseer - Awesome with Tajic!
Aurelia's Fury - Great multipurpose card
Fight to the Death
Creepy Doll
Aegis Angel
Deathless Angel
Konda, Lord of Eiganjo
That Which Was Taken
Transcendent Master

Thanks for the suggestions. Hadn't thought about Worldslayer, but I'm kinda anti-land destruction anyway. Might get it just for when I'm playing people I don't know who play don't share my feeling on fun though. Overseer is definitely in. Completely forgot about Aurelia's fury despite planning on keeping it for the next Boros deck I build. Fight to the death is kinda useless in my meta. I'm generally the only one who wins with creature combat strategies in my group. Konda was another oversight. Didn't know creepy doll was a thing. Not sure how I feel about it or what I would even take out for it. That which was taken was considered but just didn't look playable due to costs, but I think I cut it before adding the Myojin, so may have to reevaluate. Master costs too much to get to max evolution for my playgroup. Would probably get single removed in response to the final evolution.

Think the changes I am looking at are
-Rootborn Defenses
-Ryusei, the Falling Star
-Nim Deathmantle

+ Angelic Overseer
+ That Which Was Taken
+ Deathless Angel

Can't really think of what to take out for Aurelia's fury or Konda

I am White/Green
I am White/Green

More changes. Jiwari isn't as cool as my first glance reading as his primary tap ability is single target, not all, so minus him for Sol Ring cuz my meta is too damn fast. Also, Ashen Firebeast costs way too much for not being indestructible and his ability is kinda meh as well so taking him out for Konda.

I am White/Green
I am White/Green

I've been thinking about putting a Tajic deck together and one of the guys I'd definately like to try and include is Odric, Master Tactician

With both of them rocking Battalion (even though Odric's isnt a key word) you just need one more creature on the board and your opponents will start having a very bad day.

You might also want to look at something like Gleam of Battle or Cathars' Crusade. If your opponents don't have any bounce or exile handy Tajic starts to get out of control pretty quick and enchantment removal would only stop his growth, not reset him.

**EDIT** Just realized Odric needs 3 OTHER creatures, but the point still stands.
I've been thinking about putting a Tajic deck together and one of the guys I'd definately like to try and include is Odric, Master Tactician

With both of them rocking Battalion (even though Odric's isnt a key word) you just need one more creature on the board and your opponents will start having a very bad day.

You might also want to look at something like Gleam of Battle or Cathars' Crusade. If your opponents don't have any bounce or exile handy Tajic starts to get out of control pretty quick and enchantment removal would only stop his growth, not reset him.

**EDIT** Just realized Odric needs 3 OTHER creatures, but the point still stands.

Yea, Odric got changed because of Battalion, but definitely makes sense. Makes sure my Battalion survives by setting up bad blocks. I'm very familiar with Gleam of Battle since it helped me go 3-1 in the prerelease. Love the card, but my biggest concern with it is the mana cost. The average mana cost is a little higher than I would like for the deck already and not really sure what I would take out for it. Prolly gonna have to mull it over and try it out

I am White/Green
I am White/Green

Archon of Justice could be nice here with all of the board wipes.  Same with Yosei, the Morning Star.

As for how to add Aurelia's Fury, I would remove Warleader's Helix.  It just isn't that great for EDH.
I have to say, I love this deck idea.  I'm going to be drafting a full box of DGM tomorrow, and should I get a Tajic, I'm definitly going to replicate this deck idea.
Archon of Justice could be nice here with all of the board wipes.  Same with Yosei, the Morning Star.

As for how to add Aurelia's Fury, I would remove Warleader's Helix.  It just isn't that great for EDH.

Probably right, only added it in because it could be additional damage/life gain off Sunforger, but just really doesn't seem worth the spot after thinking about it.  Only reason Yosei isn't here is because I don't own one and just don't think he's worth the price for me right now.

- Warleader's Helix
- Ryusei
- Crater Helion

+Aurelia's Fury
+Odric
+Gleam of Battle

I am White/Green
I am White/Green

Sign In to post comments